July 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Singulier Nuit Blanche (waterproof) - Vibrant Black

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by galadriel04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

wonderful! I usually hate waterproof mascaras because they are super clumpy and never as good as the regular version of the product. This one is the complete opposite! I have long lashes but thin and almost white, this product gives me amazing and super super long lashes! It's pretty expensive but I love it and would recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really surprised this mascara has gotten some bad reviews!

I have tried SO many different mascaras over the years, and I have finally come to the conclusion that I will never stray from YSL. I LOVE Faux Cils, but I don't like that it isn't waterproof. So I decided to try this one.

I have average lashes, not too short and not too long. They don't like to hold a curl at all, and they aren't very thick. In a mascara, of course I want to have sky high lashes with volume and curl. This mascara gives me that! I can put it on in the morning, and at night my lashes still look amazing.

Yes, it does leave my lashes a bit brittle feeling but I honestly don't mind. I use Almay eye makeup remover pads (the ones in the blue container) and just gently wiggle it under my lashes. It takes a minute or so, but the mascara does come off. It's worth the extra time, and I don't lose lashes most of the time.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by PostmanPat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I asked for a volumizing high end mascara in the shop and they recommended me this one.... oh boy, were they wrong. Length, yes but volume, not so much.

Pros:
- My lashes are rather long themselves and do they reach up to the skies with this mascara. So if you look for a lengthening mascara, this one is great.
- Waterproof is an understatement with this mascara. It's EXTREMELY waterproof. Living in a country where it rains most of the time, I love it. You only need a REALLY good waterproof make-up remover.
- The smell, it's scented.

Cons:
- The volume lacks, absolutely, especially compared to my normal mascara, Maybelline's Colossal. My lashes clump together when I brush over them several times and can't be seperated with a normal eyelash brush once the mascara is applied.
- The outside is covered in dirty finger prints after using it.

I'm sorta bummed out I spent so much on mascara that I'm not really fond of. But now I've gotten used to it it's quite okay. Wouldn't buy it again, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I've tried Yves Saint Laurent's Singulier Waterproof mascara in Vibrant Black in attempts to explore which mascaras could possibly make it through permanently in my makeup bag for decades. In particular, I was looking for WATERPROOF mascaras for this beach season. I can honestly say that after using maybe a (renewed?) version of this mascara in waterproof, I am glad I didn't waste my time. After a shower, this mascara proves to withstand water for the day. Your lashes are then soft, and if *you* had curled your lashes before, Yves Saint Laurent's Singulier Waterproof mascara would've withheld that curl. The color goes on a bit err on the dark side, but the lash performance comes out quite defined. All in all, I would get the waterproof one rather than the regular. This is my HG natural mascara for waterproof purposes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found it clumpy - my lashes were stuck together and looked very spiky and unnatural. It also made them quite brittle. It did live up to the waterproof claim and lengthened quite a bit. I had no trouble removing it with Shiseido make up remover. But for the price, I expected a whole lot more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by chichi82582

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the worst mascaras that I have ever tried. It does lengthen and hold a curl, however, it is clumpy and extremely brittle. Moreover, and worst of all, it is impossible to remove, and ends up causing major eyelash loss/fallout. I use an excellent eye makeup remover and I have never had any difficulty removing other waterproof mascaras (Diorshow, MUFE, Lancome, etc.). However, this mascara did not fully come off for nearly two days–and I lost a minimum of 12 eyelashes in the process, despite being very gentle during the removal process, etc. I have tried practically every high-end waterproof mascara under the sun, and this has never, ever happened to me before. If I used this mascara several days in a row, I would no longer have any eyelashes. That’s how bad it is. I have never been more horrified by a mascara. Do yourself a favor and skip this one–I really wish that I had.