November 24, 2014 | 1709 users online

Hair Color - La Riche Directions Semi-Permanent Hair Colour

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Notthatmuchmakeup

Until today nothing had touched my hair! But I wanted a change! My hair is dark brown at the top and as it goes done it gets lighter. I don't want to mess my head so I wanted an ombre effect. I searched a lot and I was convinced that there would be no colour in my hair without bleaching! But I didn't want to bleach my hair not just yet! So I bought the rose red directions hair dye and mixed it with white conditioner and applied it in second day hair. There was a lot of dye coming of and I was starting to scare but when I was done the effect was awesome! Of course it wasn't the same bright colour as it would be with bleached hair and if it was dark you could barely see the difference but inany kind of light it really showed off! The texture and the colour was great I am really happy with the change on my hair especially bc there were virgin hair and I have left with over the half bottle. Idon't know how long it will last but at this rate I am more than fine. So I absolutely recomment it! Also I don't think there is a diffrence (for dark hair) if you keep it half an hour or all night long bc I think the dye stays quickly and that's good but the water never runs clear. After 20 minutes of pink water I stopped bc I was so tired! That's all! :p

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by iamlauwren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Directions hair dye for a few years now and almost every time the colours ive used have turned out the way I wanted, stayed in for a few weeks and then started to noticeably fade. The white and silver dyes are very good at removing yellow tones from blonde hair and can leave a slightly purple tinge. The pinks are very vibrant ad fade to a baby pink and then an orangey each colour, the voilet looks great when you dye it, but when it starts to fade it went a pastel bluey green colour, it continued to fade but ended up leaving an ever so slight blue/green stain to it. A bleach bath lifts this strait out but maybe one of the other purples would fade out differently, I know the lilac doesnt do this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by itsb3thhh

I dye my hair quite often using the cerise directions colours, and I find it work really well. I usually mix it with a white conditioner, so then the pot of dye lasts loads longer.. My hair tends to fade too a very pale colour after around 2 weeks, which I think is great as it ends up baby pink. Also, mixing with conditioner allows you to choose the shade which you want your hair.
The shop I buy mine from is VERY cheap, either 1 pot for 4.50 or 3 pots for 10

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by megzlilj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i used directions violet on my medium brown unbleached hair.
I was quite pleased. The pot was good, no messing around with preparing it before and stuff. One thing i would say is that i wish it came with gloves cos i ended up with purple hands! The product was reasonably priced (3.95 i think). It didnt damage my hair at all but left it silky soft, the best quality its been in a while. My unbleached medium brown hair turned a dark brown plum color with shimmers of pink, red, purple and blue but at a distance looked black. After about 2weeks it began to fade to a browny plum color.
Overall it is a great product but dont expect it to dye well on unbleached hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by xsharmine

I have dark brown-black hair as I'm asian, I dyed my hair a lighter brown using Liese bubble hair colour (I did NOT bleach) & used CERISE on my hair! The colour showed up surprisingly well despite the fact that I didn't bleach my hair. My personal tip is: 1) use it on overnight hair, not freshly washed. 2) spray/damp your hair with hydrogen peroxide (I use it to lighten my hair sometimes) then apply the dye while it's still damp with it. 3) I mix Cerise with conditioner in the ratio of 1:1, I put it on for about 45-50mins & washed it off in the shower. After my hair dries, it looks awesome! I also used Dark Tulip in the same method, but Cerise showed up better, I guess because it's a relatively brighter tone than dark tulip. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Jaychra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I've coloured my hair with this 3 times... plum mixed with sfx wildflower turned an electric purple, violet on its own was similar but lighter and didn't stay as dark, and a plum/atlantic blue mix (photo5 above). All times it has been gentle on my fine, bleached hair, very vivid, and lasted well. Colour savers work well with it. I love this brand! Mixing with sfx was amazing too. Atlantic looks k-a on my white triple-bleached ends, will be trying more blues as I bleach more hair from honey to white. Hopefully lagoon blue will be next.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Moonfaerie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Directions for nearly 2 years now,mainly the reds pinks and purples.
I've recently took the plunge and used Alpine Green its a really beautiful blue based green almost turquoise

I find it really easy to use,I bleach my hair to a light blonde rinse out the bleach and shampoo.Then apply the Directions dye,I usually leave it on for an hour or 2,some people leave it on overnight.It is a vegetable dye so doesn't harm your hair the longer its left on,in fact I find it really conditioning and my hair always looks and feels really good condition after use.

make sure you rinse it out as much as you can even though it says till water goes clear,I doubt it ever will.Be careful when sleeping and wearing light coloured clothing for first couple of weeks as it can stain.

Its also quite long lasting,varies between shades which lasts longer

Ive added pictures of 2 of my fave colours Rose Red and Alpine Green.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by miuization

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this color in Carnation Pink. It's ok I guess. I bleached my hair to medium blonde but I should've gone even lighter. Color does not work on dark hair at all. You have to bleach your hair very fair to make color show. Pink is very vibrant first you apply it and stays like this until you wash your hair. It fades quite fast and if your hair is not paper white, you'll end up with peachy-orange hair until the pink completely vanishes (first pink fades in a week, then you'll have warm peachy-tinted hair for rest of the month and the it will be your natural hair again).

I probably wouldn't buy it again because the upkeep is too much to deal with and I can't be bothered to dye my hair after three washes to keep the pink the way I want to. I'll use up what I have left though.

On the good side - dye doesn't make your hair dry and I think it even conditions it. On the tub it says to rinse the color out after 15-30 min but you can keep it on longer, it doesn't do any damage, it only makes color show up better. One tub lasts for one use on shoulder length hair. If you dip-dye or use it for streaks, you can use it multiple times. For pastel shades you can use 1 part of conditioner and 2 parts of dye mixed together, but then you'll have to keep it on longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by maryycohen

I really wanted to like the Directions white toner after hearing so many positive reviews. I left the product on for 30 minutes (the instructions recommend 15) and when I washed and dried it all off I found that my hair was a bit whiter than before, but having read rave reviews about it giving you "crystal" white hair I was pretty disappointed. Bit pricey considering how little it does - 6 pound and each tub only contains enough for one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by annac42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use 'Carnation Pink' to achieve my pink fringe amongst my blonde hair (see profile picture) and I love it. I have bought this product over and over again for 6 months.
As I use it on a relatively small area of hair once a week (it gets paler quickly but doesn't fade out fully for three weeks), one pot lasts me about two months, which is great as it only costs 4.00! (It's cheapest on eBay - go there!)
Although in very pale hair this colour is quite bright just after dying, after a few washes it fades to the baby pink that I want to achieve.

I have also tried 'Pastel Pink' (pale baby pink that fades quicker than Carnation) and 'Cerise' (a deep fuschia that's a bit too bright in my blonde hair but would look great on brunettes!)

I would highly recommend this product as it's so easy to apply and they have such a huge range of colours to choose from!
(I prefer La Riche to Manic Panic any day)