October 24, 2014 | 749 users online

Polishes - OPI - Steady As She Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely cool, very pale lavender color. Of course OPI had to discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful pale lavander grey color. Excellent for summer.
The application is very easy. I only use 2 coats to get an opaque finish. It dries fast enough. I find this color looks good on both toes and fingers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This polish is a very pale cool-toned lavender grey. This polish is very thick yet still applies streakily, I had to apply three thick coats of this in order to minimize the look of the streaks.

Against my pale skin this color is not flattering so I only wear it as a base coat for glitter polish (basically so the color doesn't show through the glitter). I got this in a swap, and I am glad that I didn't buy this. I will use it up but won't buy a bottle of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite neutral colours. Got this as a bargain from duane reade. Very classy and sophisticated neutral with grey and lilac undertones. Perfect for the office and will match any outfit. I also think this is a year round colour that can be worn any time. Unfortunately this was part of the pirates of the Caribbean range so I'm not sure if there is a similar colour in the permanent range. Just such a lovely colour and the quality is fantastic, just like all OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great color for lighter and darker skintones, this greyed out lavender will also work with cooler and warmer tones. Perfect for any time, any occasion - safe for work and great for a party, givingmyou a mod edge.

As the color is a little chalky, make sure you apply smooth, thin coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite nail polish colours! It's a gorgeous pale pink colour that has a tiny hint of purple. It's very flattering on both light as well as tan/darker skin and is quite demure and natural. I've never been one for ridiculously bright in-your-face nail colours so for those of you who like french manicures and neutral colours, this shade is perfect.
As with most OPI polishes, it goes on well and sets evenly without being noticeably streaky. It is a bit thin though, so I found that two coats worked best.
Dries very quickly and looks great with a clear topcoat to make it shine.
It also looks fantastic as the base coat for a clear polish with silver glitter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this muted grey-pink-lilac shade! It is subtle yet stylish, it will draw attention to your nails in a good way! It suits my NC25 skin tone well and makes my short-to-medium natural nails look well-groomed.

I didn't have any issues with streaks at all. A lot of lighter creme nails polishes can be tricky to apply. Make sure you prep your nails by wiping them with nail polish remover (I use Zoya 3-in-1 Remove +) , it will get rid of oils and debris from your nail surface so the nail polish will apply smoother and stick better. Then apply the nail polish in 3-4 strokes, if it streaks a little don't go over it again, it shoudl spread itself out. Finally let each layer dry properly (wait for 1+ min between layers). Hope it helps :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this color! I am picky about pink nail polish but this one is a unique greyish nude pink which has a slight lilac undertone to it. It is creamy (no shimmer) and reminds me of the color of a strawberry milkshake. I find it a very flattering and easy to wear shade, especially for spring when I want something light and subtle. I put a rainbow hex glitter over it and it looked awesome like that too. The only issue I had was that the formula was a bit streaky and required three coats. But I still love this shade and can see myself getting alot of use out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by caiya

Love the shade of this dirty pastel pinkish purple polish. The color slight tint of gray/brown makes it a little more versatile. The application is a little streaky. It dries quickly so it is a bit difficult to go over some areas while applying a coat. Most of the streaks were gone with a second coat. Since the formula could be improved I didn't give it a 5. However, I would buy this polish again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by CCGkeys

I love this colour. True, it's not a rosy colour, but that's only because everyone's definition of rose is probably 'red'. Technically, the colour is the colour of a light pink rose. I don't think the name of this nail polish would've been so catchy if they'd called it 'Steady As She (Light Pink) Rose'.

And I honestly don't understand why people say it's streaky or hard to apply. The nail I tested the colour on is of average length and it was so easy to apply and it didn't get streaky at all, even though I had to apply 2 coats(not very necessarily, though). Overall, one of the best I've ever tried.