OPI Steady As She Rose

4.1

on 3/20/2015 10:19:00 PM

Really pretty pale, milky greyed pinkish lavender. Love the color, I am pale: NC15 and the shade looks good. But...this is super streaky. Almost like there is a flaw in the brush. I put base on, let it dry and did first coat of this and was kind of oh-oh...been down this road before. Let that dry thoroughly and carefully applied second coat and....streaks. Not as bad as first coat but I am super picky with my polish. I'm on vacation so time to play with it, will try putting a top coat and then another coat of this polish but I know it's a loser. It is really too bad as I am in love with the shade. At home I don't have the time to fuss over crappy products to make them work.

on 1/8/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This came out in the Pirates of the Caribbean collection a few years ago and they had so many gorgeous shades in it. This one is a pale lavender nude that is just very pretty and unique to me 700+ collection. <---no judging!

I am cool toned and very light skinned and this is super flattering. I find this looks classy and elegant on me in winter and in summer it looks like the perfect "white" color because its so light. Great polish & grab if you happen to come across it! Takes about 3 coats on me to be opaque.

on 7/1/2014 3:12:00 PM

Lovely cool, very pale lavender color. Of course OPI had to discontinue it!

on 4/10/2014 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful pale lavander grey color. Excellent for summer.
The application is very easy. I only use 2 coats to get an opaque finish. It dries fast enough. I find this color looks good on both toes and fingers.

on 3/12/2014 9:11:00 AM

This polish is a very pale cool-toned lavender grey. This polish is very thick yet still applies streakily, I had to apply three thick coats of this in order to minimize the look of the streaks.

Against my pale skin this color is not flattering so I only wear it as a base coat for glitter polish (basically so the color doesn't show through the glitter). I got this in a swap, and I am glad that I didn't buy this. I will use it up but won't buy a bottle of it.

on 4/14/2013 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

One of my favourite neutral colours. Got this as a bargain from duane reade. Very classy and sophisticated neutral with grey and lilac undertones. Perfect for the office and will match any outfit. I also think this is a year round colour that can be worn any time. Unfortunately this was part of the pirates of the Caribbean range so I'm not sure if there is a similar colour in the permanent range. Just such a lovely colour and the quality is fantastic, just like all OPI polishes.

on 3/6/2013 9:53:00 PM

Great color for lighter and darker skintones, this greyed out lavender will also work with cooler and warmer tones. Perfect for any time, any occasion - safe for work and great for a party, givingmyou a mod edge.

As the color is a little chalky, make sure you apply smooth, thin coats.

on 1/10/2013 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my favourite nail polish colours! It's a gorgeous pale pink colour that has a tiny hint of purple. It's very flattering on both light as well as tan/darker skin and is quite demure and natural. I've never been one for ridiculously bright in-your-face nail colours so for those of you who like french manicures and neutral colours, this shade is perfect.
As with most OPI polishes, it goes on well and sets evenly without being noticeably streaky. It is a bit thin though, so I found that two coats worked best.
Dries very quickly and looks great with a clear topcoat to make it shine.
It also looks fantastic as the base coat for a clear polish with silver glitter.

on 9/8/2012 9:05:00 PM

I absolutely love this muted grey-pink-lilac shade! It is subtle yet stylish, it will draw attention to your nails in a good way! It suits my NC25 skin tone well and makes my short-to-medium natural nails look well-groomed.

I didn't have any issues with streaks at all. A lot of lighter creme nails polishes can be tricky to apply. Make sure you prep your nails by wiping them with nail polish remover (I use Zoya 3-in-1 Remove +) , it will get rid of oils and debris from your nail surface so the nail polish will apply smoother and stick better. Then apply the nail polish in 3-4 strokes, if it streaks a little don't go over it again, it shoudl spread itself out. Finally let each layer dry properly (wait for 1+ min between layers). Hope it helps :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this color! I am picky about pink nail polish but this one is a unique greyish nude pink which has a slight lilac undertone to it. It is creamy (no shimmer) and reminds me of the color of a strawberry milkshake. I find it a very flattering and easy to wear shade, especially for spring when I want something light and subtle. I put a rainbow hex glitter over it and it looked awesome like that too. The only issue I had was that the formula was a bit streaky and required three coats. But I still love this shade and can see myself getting alot of use out of it. UPDATE: Several years later I can safely say this is one of my all time favorite polishes - it has been in my top 20 list for 3 years running. If you like this color you might also enjoy OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around as well as My Very First Knockwurst. Hope this helps!

Top Rated OPI Products