Avon Smooth Mineral - Midnight Mauve

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/30/2013 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recieved this eyeshadow from an old Avon representative so I bought it for only .50 cents, which is why I rated it as "dirt cheap". I've only used it a couple times, but it's pretty obvious that I payed for what I got. It doesn't have a lot of pigmentation. It appears to be a really pretty deep purple in the container, but wears more like a gray. I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not too terribly let down, as I'm sure I can find a use for a grayish purple color. But if I paid full price I would be pretty sad. It didn't seem to last long either, unfortunately. The packaging isn't designed very well. The lid to the container doesn't have an open area to sweep your brush around in the pigment. It has a circle within a circle, with the smaller, inner circle covering the opening to the loose shadow. Very odd.
Overall, I'm glad I only paid .50 cents, and because of that, it wasn't a complete loss.

on 5/21/2011 7:56:00 PM

The color isn't as dark as it shows in the container, it takes several sweeps across the lid to get some color showing, the packaging makes it messy & difficult to get the shadow out and the color doesn't last long.