November 22, 2014 | 1903 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - KORA Organics - Tinted Day Care Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by amanda1983810

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's way too dark. And a bit difficult to blend(I guess because it's organic). It makes me look older😿😿

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice. I was looking for a natural (zinc) spf for winter, something with a tint in it b/c even the highest quality zinc spfs make me look like a ghost.

Somehow I ended up on the Kora tinted day cream, read the ingredients (really like that it has sandalwood and rosehip oil), and ordered a tube from Net a Porter. On the one hand, I wish the product was about $20 cheaper, but on the other, you need such a small amount that it will definitely last for a while.

This isn't really a moisturizer so much as a tinted spf, in my view. Many have commented on the dark color -- sort of a cool toned cappuccino -- but it blends flawlessly. It was darker than my olive complexion with warm undertones, but I had no issues with it. I also think that you're not supposed to use a ton of it. There's a video online in which Miranda Kerr shows how to apply it.

I have light rosacea that can be triggered by caffeine, alcohol, and stress -- mostly just some redness is how it manifests on my face. The tinted day cream helped conceal that somewhat without smothering my face in a thick blanket of product, and it was also soothing and gentle on my complexion. It does not seem to clog my skin or irritate it at all.

I layer it over the Anti Aging Serum by Intelligent Nutrients, which is an oil. The tinted day cream has a nice matte look and a really sheer wash of color. I'm not used to wearing tinted moisturizers, but I really like this one. I think it makes me look more polished, even if I don't wear makeup over it. I'm not in the habit of wearing foundation, because I believe the skin registers the health of our bodies, and I want to see what's going on there. But I can't deny that a little bit of tint does make me look fresher.

I'm not that concerned with what the spf is -- honestly, sadly, for the most part I'm just going from Point A to Point B on the average day, and I don't burn easily. If I wear SPF, it's solely out of vanity, in the effort to prevent dark spots. A light zinc spf is probably more than enough for me. I like this product, i like that it blends so easily, has a sheer wash of color, and has really luxe natural ingredients. I wish it were easier to find in the US, but I would consider purchasing it again. I think it's probably better for fall and winter seasons. And, again, I would recommend layering a little bit of this over a proper moisturizer or oil, especially if you have dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by elissa1204

Great product, I have tan/olive skin, so the colour is perfect for me. If you have whiter skin i would not recommend it, not sure if i would buy it again, ive only had it for about 2 weeks though so i will see, overall coverage is NOT great, getting white spots all over my face and doesnt last all day because it doesnt blend in well, but gives your skin a nice glow. Definitely not worth $60

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Lew22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have medium tan Asian complexion and have found this product to be perfect despite the reviews that is it too dark. I would agree with them if you have a lighter complexion but it worked for me. The smell I could comment could be a little better and even though it has some sunscreen in it, I would really recommend this is not a full protection from the sun. I still use sunscreen with the UVA and B protection and are very mindful when I am outdoors especially between 11-3pm. Other than that, I do consider this product to be above average. It does smooth nicely on the skin looking very natural and not caked. I have been using this product for over 3 years now and if I do come across a better organic ranged, I would try it out, otherwise this is the product I am sticking with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers in that the colour of this tint is WAY too dark. I read the reviews ahead of my purchase but did not listen as I am a light-medium olive skin and as it is the tail end of summer, so I thought it would be ok. It was NOT ok. This tint is very dark and I find it hard to believe that it would work on anyone of a caucasian background, whether they have a tan or not. I can't imagine what they were thinking in offering only one colour. The lotion itself seems ok, but it reminds me a cheap product designed for teenagers when they first stay playing around with make-up before they graduated to "real" make-up. I have used many other tinted spf moisturisers and this is not good. As for the price, given the 'quality' of the product and the fact that this one is not 100% organic, I think it is overpriced by $10. Any other similar product sits around $49. I have found another one that is 100% organic and comes in two colours so I am going to try that next time.

EDIT: After using this for a few more days, I have changed my opinion and not for the better. I just can't work with the dark colour and it feels kind of greasy. I have mixed it with another organic moisturiser with an spf which appears a bit white, and even though I have used less than 50% of the Kora in the mix, it's still way too dark. Why should I be doing all this work to get the product to be usable, it should be working for me, not the other way around. I reduce the rating to two stars as it is a fail in my book, and even if you are dark enough, it's not special, a just pass. I should have known better than to buy a "celebrity" product. First and last time. Now let me divert my time to something more meaningful. Save your money ladies!!! This is going in the bin when my replacement arrives

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by nliska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is horrible! has oil ingridients adn causing terrible comedones! a no for oily or combination skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would only recomend this to medium to tan people as they only have 1 colour. and for people with dry skin.

The most important things to me are quality, price, consistency and the overall performance of a product.

I love Kora organics, but I hate this product.

I purchased this product when the line first came out, and it smelt amazing, like roses and this gorgeous scent. I have Medium/Olive skin and even then, this product came out too OILY, too dark, it streaks and it honestly felt heavy.

I went to a local David Jones to try this again, and it smells groose. The one that I have still smells like beautiful roses, but the product isn't consistent. When they get more products in, they are never the same quality and smell. I stoped purchasing the rosehip oil after the smell went from gorgeous roses, to awfully bitter then to this plastic smell. I can't stant inconsistencies.

The price it wayyyy to expensive for a product like this. I would pay $30 at most only because it's organic. If it wasn't organic I would pay $5.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kittyofwhitby

I'm surprised by all of the really glowing reviews here, but I still feel justified in what I'm going to write because this product really didn't work for me. It only comes in one colour, which is not going to work for pale skin. The product description indicates that it has a broad colour match range, but there will be a lot of people who can't use this if their skin is pale.
The product itself didn't apply well for me. I put it on completely clean skin and when i applied it, it created those little balls like when a moisturiser doesn't soak in properly and balls off in your hand. There were patches of my skin where it didn't want to stick at all, so the overall look wasn't good.
I have combination skin, but neither particularly dry nor oily, and I was using a kora cleanser suited to that skin type before applying this product so I can't put this effect down to a mismatched cleanser / brand.
The product is expensive. If you try it in store and find it works well for you, then go for it. But don't buy without trying it all over your face (when clean) otherwise you may find yourself disappointed like me.
I gave this product 2 or 3 shots, and it now sits in the back of my cupboard because I'm ashamed to throw it away having spent so much on it, and my family is paler than me so I know it won't work for them.
The product has no preservatives, so after four months in my cupboard it has started to go a different colour. I guess if you used it every day you wouldn't have this problem, but just noting it for completeness.
I hope this review is helpful. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SherlockedinsidetheTardis

I love this tinted moisturizer. It gives me a beautiful glow and I know that I'm not putting anything questionable on my face, because it is organic. I'll admit that I only bought this because I love Miranda Kerr and I wanted to see if I could look like her if I wore this. Unfortunately I didn't magically lose 30 lbs and get a tan, but I do have some glowy skin. Thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by IreneChiu19

This is the best tinted moisturiser I have used.
It's not oily or greasy and doesn't feel heavy at all!
It only comes in one shade, but I really think it suits all skin types, however if you're on the lighter end, just mix it with a bit of moisturiser.

At first this product may appear very thick, but it's how you apply it. I squirt a little bit of product on my finger tips and dab it all over my face (almost like patting it on, then rubbing it in).