April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - KORA Organics - Tinted Day Care Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewers in that the colour of this tint is WAY too dark. I read the reviews ahead of my purchase but did not listen as I am a light-medium olive skin and as it is the tail end of summer, so I thought it would be ok. It was NOT ok. This tint is very dark and I find it hard to believe that it would work on anyone of a caucasian background, whether they have a tan or not. I can't imagine what they were thinking in offering only one colour. The lotion itself seems ok, but it reminds me a cheap product designed for teenagers when they first stay playing around with make-up before they graduated to "real" make-up. I have used many other tinted spf moisturisers and this is not good. As for the price, given the 'quality' of the product and the fact that this one is not 100% organic, I think it is overpriced by $10. Any other similar product sits around $49. I have found another one that is 100% organic and comes in two colours so I am going to try that next time.

EDIT: After using this for a few more days, I have changed my opinion and not for the better. I just can't work with the dark colour and it feels kind of greasy. I have mixed it with another organic moisturiser with an spf which appears a bit white, and even though I have used less than 50% of the Kora in the mix, it's still way too dark. Why should I be doing all this work to get the product to be usable, it should be working for me, not the other way around. I reduce the rating to two stars as it is a fail in my book, and even if you are dark enough, it's not special, a just pass. I should have known better than to buy a "celebrity" product. First and last time. Now let me divert my time to something more meaningful. Save your money ladies!!! This is going in the bin when my replacement arrives

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by nliska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is horrible! has oil ingridients adn causing terrible comedones! a no for oily or combination skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would only recomend this to medium to tan people as they only have 1 colour. and for people with dry skin.

The most important things to me are quality, price, consistency and the overall performance of a product.

I love Kora organics, but I hate this product.

I purchased this product when the line first came out, and it smelt amazing, like roses and this gorgeous scent. I have Medium/Olive skin and even then, this product came out too OILY, too dark, it streaks and it honestly felt heavy.

I went to a local David Jones to try this again, and it smells groose. The one that I have still smells like beautiful roses, but the product isn't consistent. When they get more products in, they are never the same quality and smell. I stoped purchasing the rosehip oil after the smell went from gorgeous roses, to awfully bitter then to this plastic smell. I can't stant inconsistencies.

The price it wayyyy to expensive for a product like this. I would pay $30 at most only because it's organic. If it wasn't organic I would pay $5.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kittyofwhitby

I'm surprised by all of the really glowing reviews here, but I still feel justified in what I'm going to write because this product really didn't work for me. It only comes in one colour, which is not going to work for pale skin. The product description indicates that it has a broad colour match range, but there will be a lot of people who can't use this if their skin is pale.
The product itself didn't apply well for me. I put it on completely clean skin and when i applied it, it created those little balls like when a moisturiser doesn't soak in properly and balls off in your hand. There were patches of my skin where it didn't want to stick at all, so the overall look wasn't good.
I have combination skin, but neither particularly dry nor oily, and I was using a kora cleanser suited to that skin type before applying this product so I can't put this effect down to a mismatched cleanser / brand.
The product is expensive. If you try it in store and find it works well for you, then go for it. But don't buy without trying it all over your face (when clean) otherwise you may find yourself disappointed like me.
I gave this product 2 or 3 shots, and it now sits in the back of my cupboard because I'm ashamed to throw it away having spent so much on it, and my family is paler than me so I know it won't work for them.
The product has no preservatives, so after four months in my cupboard it has started to go a different colour. I guess if you used it every day you wouldn't have this problem, but just noting it for completeness.
I hope this review is helpful. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SherlockedinsidetheTardis

I love this tinted moisturizer. It gives me a beautiful glow and I know that I'm not putting anything questionable on my face, because it is organic. I'll admit that I only bought this because I love Miranda Kerr and I wanted to see if I could look like her if I wore this. Unfortunately I didn't magically lose 30 lbs and get a tan, but I do have some glowy skin. Thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by IreneChiu19

This is the best tinted moisturiser I have used.
It's not oily or greasy and doesn't feel heavy at all!
It only comes in one shade, but I really think it suits all skin types, however if you're on the lighter end, just mix it with a bit of moisturiser.

At first this product may appear very thick, but it's how you apply it. I squirt a little bit of product on my finger tips and dab it all over my face (almost like patting it on, then rubbing it in).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Clitorisaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Quite pricey for a tinted moisturizer, but it really does give a glowy, sun-tanned look that actually doesn't look orange. I love the smell (not very educated with natural oils so I couldn't tell you what it smells like) and a little goes a long way. I've owned mine for 2 years (not used every day) and I still have loads left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Yay a natural tinted moisturiser with spf! I do like it for what it is, smells non-artificial and has a tint. But, for the ladies with more redness, don't expect this to replace foundation. I put concealer on top of the red bits on my face that still show. Other than that, I have piece of mind using this product for sun protection. 60ml for $60, pricey.
I'm very disloyal and rarely ever buy the same products twice so probably won't repurchase.
Update: I've grown to love this as it does not cause me to break out. My only gripe is that it is too dark for my fair-medium complexion and I have to mix it with a white moisturiser if I ever want to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by streetlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably the best kept secret in the cosmetic industry. This tinted moisturizer puts all foundations to shame with the perfect glow it gives my skin. It seems really dark when you squirt it out, but I mix it with the soothing day/night cream because I'm very fair skinned and it works like a charm! I've received so many compliments by wearing this product, it's ridiculous.

The finished product is extremely photogenic as well! It makes me look like I spent the day on a beach in Spain, the tan looks so natural! It gives a very glowy finish, but not to the point of looking oily. I have extremely oily skin and this worked very well. It should work for all skin types, even when paired with a moisturizer. I'll attach a picture so everyone can see what it looks like.