Avon Extralasting Foundation SPF 12

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S): TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.39% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER/EAU CYCLOPENTASILOXANE DIMETHICONE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE NYLON-12 POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TRISILOXANE METHYL TRIMETHICONE ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SODIUM CHLORIDE QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL STEARIC ACID PHENOXYETHANOL TETRASODIUM EDTA PROPYLENE CARBONATE HEXYLENE GLYCOL CELLULOSE TRIFLUOROMETHYL C1-4 ALKYL DIMETHICONE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE GLYCERYL ROSINATE OCTYLDODECYL MYRISTATE MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently saw a review that was broken down into pros and cons so here we go--->

PROS - 1( Coverage. This foundation is great for those of you who want/need extra coverage. I would say its medium to full but is definetly buildable.

2( Finish. This foundation is a really good base for other face makeup like contouring and blush because it allows them to blend so well unlike other foundations that tend to have a sticky consistency and are difficult with powder products.

CONS - 1( Smell. This foundation smells so bad, its similar to my 90 year old grannys perfume and she was a prostitute. It doesn't go away after you apply it either...

2( Color. The color range for these foundations appear to be great but each one of the shades are yellow tones, of course this means this would be great selection for people who has mostly yellow undertones in their skin like Asian's etc. but for anyone who may have a pink undertone or a neutral undertone you're basically screwed.

3( Oxidizes. This foundation oxidizes like no other, not only is it the complete wrong tone for me but half way through my day I'm an orange umpa-lumpa.

4( Wear. This is why I have trust issues. When I first apply this foundation it looks great (other than the color of course) but maybe an hour or thirty mintues after I have big splotches of makeup every where. Talk to me after you've had your brother ask you if you forgot to do that side of your jaw.

Honestly, I could have seen myself loving this foundation but the smell, color, and wear of this was too much. I really wanted to love this foundation (mainly because I now have two full bottles of it and have no clue what to do with it.) but all of these things wear to much to handle and can't be fixed. I would not recommend this and obviously wouldn't by it again. I do believe though that you either love this product or hate so who knows it may work for you.

on 3/22/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used Avon products for years now, mostly because my mom used them before me and my grandma used them before her. Up until about a year ago, I used mineral foundation rather than liquid simply because I was afraid that it would break me out. I have very sensitive skin and I like to keep it as clear as I can, which can be a challenge. I decided to make the switch because I wanted something with more coverage to even out my skin tone. Naturally, I went with Avon.
I apply this foundation with my fingers--I find I can manipulate the product more than I can with a brush. It blends well if you only use a bit. The first time I used it I made the mistake of using about 4 or 5 pumps of it. It was an awful experience to get it to look even. This is definitely a less is more foundation.
Avon claims it lasts pretty much all day. It doesn't for me. It starts to look gross and patchy by the afternoon, but up until that point it works very well.
My biggest problem with the product is that the color looks much different than it does in the bottle. My skin is very fair, and even with the lightest shade, it starts to turn a peachy color as the day goes on.
Overall, I would still use this foundation--but only for certain things, like parties or events that call for a fully made-up face. I don't think it works very well with everyday makeup, as the coloration can be a bit overpowering.

Pros: Great coverage, easy to apply, feels like you aren't wearing it, won't break you out, nice packaging

Cons: Doesn't last as long as claimed, color changes

on 11/19/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't get the bad reviews. This did what the bottle said exactly. It lasted on my oily skin, blotted out all my dark spots, and matched my skin perfectly in nude. The pump is perrrfect, and when applied with a beauty blender I feel like my skin is flawless. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/19/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a product that surprised me.
I received it from my cousin(it wasn't the perfect shade for her) and i decided to give it a try this summer when i felt that my beloved Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin was to much(i felt it was too matte and had too much coverage for what i wanted in that moment) and my Garnier BB Cream for combo/oily skin didn't have enough coverage.
I like it! Is buildable, has a pretty good coverage and it lasts a lot if you set it with powder. It looks nice on my oily/acne-prone skin and it didn't brake me out at all.

I like it, but I don't think i will buy it again, because i want to try Maybelline Fit Me and L'oreal True Match for situations like this, when BB Cream is not enough and Colorstay is too much :)

For the people with a skin not as oily as mine and don't need to cover very bad acne or signs, I think is a very good.

on 7/4/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So much for extra lasting, wore this on a hot summer day once and by the end of the day it had ALL came off my chin inner cheeks and nose. Ewwww!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation! I have recently started breaking out quite bad, and when I apply this, it covers up most of my acne, leaving only a few stubborn marks for me to cover with concealer. It definitely stays put, as it says - which is great, because not a lot of products do what they claim!! And it also does not make my skin oily, as a lot of foundations seem to do. And this does not just wash off with soap - you need to use olive oil, or a longwear makeup remover to get this off your face, which is great, as it means it stays put!

on 11/1/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't stay put, i found it rubbing off throughout the day. My gripe about this is the pump. You have to keep pumping to get the product out and when it does, it squirts out everywhere! It got on my clothes, my walls and my mirror! It wouldn't be so bad if they could just package it better!

on 10/2/2012 6:58:00 PM

i love this foundation i have combination skin and medium oily T zone and it works pretty well and have the perfect coverage for me for everyday use and i definitely would buy it again !!

on 9/23/2012 9:58:00 AM

Not extralasting at all, very sheer, almost no coverage, streaky. Horribly expensive (17 dollars) for such poor quality. Regret buying it.

on 9/11/2012 1:33:00 AM

I purchased this foundation in NUDE.
Smells awful, terrible chemical smell, I was very hesitant to apply this to my skin.
Application was very sheer and I had to reapply in some areas. I noticed after the first application that this foundation had settled into the pores on my nose and was noticeably lighter than the surrounding area. I have never had a foundation do that to me before.
Gave me a nice natural look on parts of my face but was not suitable for my mature skin