April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Liquid - Avon - Extralasting Foundation SPF 12

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by hannaharnett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used Avon products for years now, mostly because my mom used them before me and my grandma used them before her. Up until about a year ago, I used mineral foundation rather than liquid simply because I was afraid that it would break me out. I have very sensitive skin and I like to keep it as clear as I can, which can be a challenge. I decided to make the switch because I wanted something with more coverage to even out my skin tone. Naturally, I went with Avon.
I apply this foundation with my fingers--I find I can manipulate the product more than I can with a brush. It blends well if you only use a bit. The first time I used it I made the mistake of using about 4 or 5 pumps of it. It was an awful experience to get it to look even. This is definitely a less is more foundation.
Avon claims it lasts pretty much all day. It doesn't for me. It starts to look gross and patchy by the afternoon, but up until that point it works very well.
My biggest problem with the product is that the color looks much different than it does in the bottle. My skin is very fair, and even with the lightest shade, it starts to turn a peachy color as the day goes on.
Overall, I would still use this foundation--but only for certain things, like parties or events that call for a fully made-up face. I don't think it works very well with everyday makeup, as the coloration can be a bit overpowering.

Pros: Great coverage, easy to apply, feels like you aren't wearing it, won't break you out, nice packaging

Cons: Doesn't last as long as claimed, color changes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't get the bad reviews. This did what the bottle said exactly. It lasted on my oily skin, blotted out all my dark spots, and matched my skin perfectly in nude. The pump is perrrfect, and when applied with a beauty blender I feel like my skin is flawless. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a product that surprised me.
I received it from my cousin(it wasn't the perfect shade for her) and i decided to give it a try this summer when i felt that my beloved Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin was to much(i felt it was too matte and had too much coverage for what i wanted in that moment) and my Garnier BB Cream for combo/oily skin didn't have enough coverage.
I like it! Is buildable, has a pretty good coverage and it lasts a lot if you set it with powder. It looks nice on my oily/acne-prone skin and it didn't brake me out at all.

I like it, but I don't think i will buy it again, because i want to try Maybelline Fit Me and L'oreal True Match for situations like this, when BB Cream is not enough and Colorstay is too much :)

For the people with a skin not as oily as mine and don't need to cover very bad acne or signs, I think is a very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So much for extra lasting, wore this on a hot summer day once and by the end of the day it had ALL came off my chin inner cheeks and nose. Ewwww!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by vandenbergnikita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have recently started breaking out quite bad, and when I apply this, it covers up most of my acne, leaving only a few stubborn marks for me to cover with concealer. It definitely stays put, as it says - which is great, because not a lot of products do what they claim!! And it also does not make my skin oily, as a lot of foundations seem to do. And this does not just wash off with soap - you need to use olive oil, or a longwear makeup remover to get this off your face, which is great, as it means it stays put!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by raven4575

It doesn't stay put, i found it rubbing off throughout the day. My gripe about this is the pump. You have to keep pumping to get the product out and when it does, it squirts out everywhere! It got on my clothes, my walls and my mirror! It wouldn't be so bad if they could just package it better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by bebaxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this foundation i have combination skin and medium oily T zone and it works pretty well and have the perfect coverage for me for everyday use and i definitely would buy it again !!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not extralasting at all, very sheer, almost no coverage, streaky. Horribly expensive (17 dollars) for such poor quality. Regret buying it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation in NUDE.
Smells awful, terrible chemical smell, I was very hesitant to apply this to my skin.
Application was very sheer and I had to reapply in some areas. I noticed after the first application that this foundation had settled into the pores on my nose and was noticeably lighter than the surrounding area. I have never had a foundation do that to me before.
Gave me a nice natural look on parts of my face but was not suitable for my mature skin

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is great and hygienic with the pump but I would not buy again, here are my reasons: 1.) It transfers terribly and I dont normally care about foundation transferring but this foundation makes its way onto everything I own when I wear it. 2.) It is definitely NOT Extralasting, I would say it lasts about 4-5 hours before major breakdown begins. 3.) Does absolutely nothing to control oil. 4.) Creases terribly around my nose/eye areas. 5.) It is a hassle to order and wait for 6.) I can really feel it sitting on my face, something like a clay feeling. It has a mousse like consistency out the pump and never really sets even tried with different powders. Even tho I wouldnt buy it again, there are some good things about it and its why I will use up the bottle I have at least instead of throwing it away: 1.) the shade natural tan is a true yellow shade that for once actually matches my difficult asian tan skin tone. 2.) For the first 3-4 hours the coverage is full and matte but not overly dry looking 3.) It gives a perfect soft focus effect that makes my skin look terrific, my boyfriend actually said this is the best foundation hes ever seen me wear (for the first few 3-4 hours anyway). I honestly want to love this foundation, but due to all the cons I just will not be repurchasing, but I will really enjoy using up the rest of my bottle...its a good foundation to slap on right before my night class when i know i will be back home in the next 4 hours so it works perfectly in that way. O also, the color is the same in natural sunlight as it is in artificial indoor lighting which is hard to find in foundations. I really hope avon improves this formula and makes it truely extralasting then i will most definitely will be buying again!! (o and its paraben free!!!)