Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

on 8/31/2015 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using the "Always Red" for a while now and by far, this is the best lip stain I've ever had! The colour is absolutely gorgeous and I love that it requires minimal touch ups after eating throughout the day. When applying, it goes on wet and dries to a soft matte finish, which feels very soft on your lips and doesn't dry them out like crazy, which is amazing for a stain (since drying out your lips can be a problem, which I'm sure we've all experienced at some point).

If you do wear this on the daily and it begins to feel a bit dry, applying a lip balm on before and waiting a while before application of the stain will help stop your lips a lot OR if your lips are feeling a bit dry after application, a thin layer of Nyx "Cherry pie" butter gloss looks great over top of it. The butter gloss gives it a gloss finish, but it doesn't wear down the stain after the gloss has dried out over a few hours and this butter gloss is pretty cheap (when applying you want to dab it on).

If you're looking for something that won't come off unless pretty wet, that is beautifully vibrant and bold I would recommend "Always Red" all the way!

on 8/31/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After reading so many raving reviews about the Sephora Lip Stains I had to have at least one. Since matte reds are my thing couldn't help picking Always Red first.

Yes, this is a great liquid lipstick and not really a stain. Goes on very creamy, dries into velvety matte and pigmentation is INSANE! This shade is often mentioned to be similar to Ruby Woo - which is my holy grail red - but I don't quite agree; Always Red is a bit less cool and deeper in tone. Almost like Ruby Woo mixed with Russian Red. Still, it's a fantastic, intense classic red. The doe-foot applicator allows quite precise placement but you can always correct mistakes with a lip liner. It wears off without leaving patches of color and the inner part of the lips is the first to fade. Lasts really really long and transfer is minimal but can be easily removed with the Bioderma micellaire water. It's not as comfortable on the lips as more moist lipsticks but that's the price you pay for longevity.

Of course I had to go back for more. My picks were Strawberry Kissed which is a fun pinky red not unlike All Fired Up by MAC and Watermelon Slice which looks neon coral with my skin tone but can still look beautiful mixed with Strawberry Kissed and applied with a lip brush.

Bottom Line: I'm really glad I found them, they are certainly worth the try and they cost only a bit less than 12 euros.

on 8/31/2015 11:14:00 AM

I recently bought the cream lip stain from Sephora. It is the lovely "Always Red" and is one of the best shades of red I have used so far. I have the MAC Russian Red and Ruby Woo but this is just completely different. It stays on your lips forever and does not spread. It is Matte but does not over dry the lips. Love it!!

on 8/27/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ladies Ladies Ladies! I have this shade in 'Infinite Rose' and it is just such a gorgeous pinky-peachy colour with a hint of sparkle, the formula of the product glides on the lips like butter almost like the Nyx's lip cream but smoother. The longevity of the product can be debatable depending on what you eat, but the product does live up on it's name as a 'Lip Stain' so it does stain onto your lips after a meal (just little touch ups after). Overall it's a great product and and keeping in mind it's reasonable price. I'm very impressed with this product, as it is actually my first ever product I have purchased from Sephora's cosmetics so this is a great start and definitely a hit for me.

on 8/22/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This stuff is so so so great. Although i must admit i haven't tried many other liquid lipsticks so i don't have much else to compare it to. But i think it's one of the best out there especially for its price point (I got it for 12.50 euro) in comparison to other brands like Anastasia or Kat von D. I have the colours Always Red (01) and Marvellous Mauve (13) and both are ridiculously pigmented, go on evenly in 1 layer, and last for ages. They last me about 8 hours and only fade once i eat oily food, otherwise when drinking water they remain completely intact. They don't fade weird either (like turn powdery, flaky etc), just start to come off around the edges of the mouth and the inner lip. The only gripe i have about these is they don't sell no.13 where i live so i'm holding on to my current tube for dear life, and the shade range is quite limited, and they're mostly bright colors. If they expanded the line to include some more muted, everyday shades and brought them to Asia i would be eternally grateful.

on 8/19/2015 9:54:00 PM

These cream stains are absolutely fantastic, far and away my favorite liquid matte formula! I currently own Always Red (2nd tube!), Marvelous Mauve, and Endless Purple.

The packaging is basic but sturdy, with a doe foot applicator. Personally I can't apply anything well with a doe foot, so I dot the product around my lips and then spread it out with a lip brush. The formula works perfectly for this - it's a slightly thick creamy texture that smooths out beautifully, drying down to a velvety matte finish. I'd say after about 2 minutes it is set and won't blend any further (this also means any mistakes will need cleaned up with make up remover of some sort).

The color is very, very opaque, even with the lighter shades. I do feel it looks better if you apply two thin coats than if you apply one thick one.

My lips do not tend to be dry, and I didn't find it emphasized the lines of my lips much. I do think if you have any flakes it will catch noticeably, the finish seems like one that needs lips in tip-top moisturized shape. It does start to feel slightly dry after about 6 hours of wear.

As for lasting power, it doesn't smudge around on me or bleed at the edges while talking and just going about my day. All the colors stand up perfectly to drinks (tea, water) and to any food eaten with a fork or spoon. Lip-intensive foods (hamburgers and such) will take off a decent amount of color, and anything oily will mean you need to re-apply completely.

I've tried a lot of lip stains (drugstore, Stila, Kat Von D, Too Faced, Hourglass, Anastasia BH...) and none of them were as nice as these Sephora ones.

on 8/10/2015 4:32:00 PM

These lip creams are absolutely gorgeous, I love them so much! They apply smoothly and are super opaque! They have a soft matte finish, obviously not hydrating but they're very comfertable on the lips! And the longevity?? Oh my goodness ladies, they really last! I don't find that they crumble or dry out my lips at all! The applicator is very easy to use, which is a plus! And they don't transfer much at all! I have two shades- #05, a soft coral/pink/nude with a slight shimmer through it that gives an almost metallic look, beautiful on pale skin! And the renowned #13, a brown/dusty rose/nude, this shade has no shimmer and is simply matte, another beautifully wearable shade for all skin tones! Yes, this is the one that is known for being that "Kylie Jenner shade" and no, this is not the reason I bought it haha. I just wish that I had bought more of these fantastic, affordable liquid lipsticks! Buy and enjoy, you'll not regret this purchase!

I do Korean ombre lips sometimes and the colour 03 strawberry kiss looks so stunning. The formula blends really well and it really lasts for a meal on me, which I am pretty satisfied. Usually lipsticks/stain/gloss only last on me for one or two hours. I own 03,07and 13 they get compliments from friends when I wear those. Be sure to moisturize your lips before applying and definitely try out this amazing product.

on 7/20/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only worn Always Red from this line, and I probably won't stop. First off, it's a simple package which I like, nothing to complicated. It goes on like lip gloss would, similar applicators to those from your childhood. It's easy to fix a mistake with this before it dries and even if it dries, I find just a little vaseline will make it go away without staining my skin. It mattes wonderfully and it's long lasting, I maybe touch it up after 4 hours. Also I've been swimming with it and A+, same colour I had before I got in the water. It's odorless, and the Always Red is super super super red. I will say though, it is a bit drying on the lips so I usually go over with either some chapstick (sometimes before) or with another bright red lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I saw the color on a friend and it looked good on her. I got the same color as her Always Red. I was kinda hesitant because it was a stain and I have never had a good experience with stains. They tend to fade or dry out, and just not look good.

I tried it and loved it! The product goes on so soft and creamy. It has really good coverage and a little goes a long way. Its pretty easy to control where the color goes. It really does last all day with the same vibrancy as when I first put it on. It also smells really good like vanilla cake. Yummy!