Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked it up in Always red (01) because I was looking for a lipstick with a matte finish and a non-drying formula, so the lip stain was an easy choice!

Pigmentation is extreme, you only need a quick swipe to make the color pop, but I suggest applying two coats if you really want to experiment how beautifully your lips stand out. It's a great alternative if you have bad experiences with popular matte lipsticks, such as MAC ones, which are a bit too dry for my chappy lips.

I wore it from 5 pm to midnight the first day - no smudging, no feathering, no transfer at all! It didn't come off, and I had a few drinks, some water and a really basic dinner.
I wanted to test it with a proper dinner though, and obviously it didn't resist oily food, but that's what happens with any product, given that I remove my makeup with coconut oil. Overall, I'm super satisfied with it.

You can totally use lip balm under it (honestly, I suggest doing so because the stain has a matte finish and could emphasize bits of flaky skin) as long as you blot it gently before applying the product.

on 4/19/2015 2:44:00 AM

So the cream lip stain that I bought was blackberry sorbet and I'm absolutely in love with it. I had never bought a cream lip stain and did so thinking it was like a lip gloss, although it's not much like a gloss other than the tube and applicator. The color is very intense and it took me some getting used to as I'm not used to wearing an intense color or one this dark, but now I absolutely love it!

The product is very easy to apply, but is messy. Because it's so creamy it doesn't necessarily apply evenly and you need to scrape some of the product off the applicator before putting it on your lips since it gives a lot. The term stain is very accurate as it will stay on without needing a lip liner, although I like to use one. The finish is more of a matte than satin in this shade. It also smells like cake batter, which makes me want to use it more! Finally, it's $13, which is pretty good! I highly recommend trying the cream lip stains out and I'm going to look for more colors soon!

on 4/11/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was contemplating on Limecrime's Velvetines, until I chanced upon these! It's a pity the other colours are always sold out. It has a very pleasant smell, almost like a birthday cake. It dries to a matte finish, rather than satin, which was what I was really looking out for! The staying power is amazing - I can get through a meal and it would not even fade the slightest. I still put a fresh coat on after out of habit. Don't do that because after a few coats, it can get very uncomfortable.

on 4/10/2015 12:09:00 AM

WOW... this is one of my first purchases of Sephora makeup! And I am beyond impressed.

I've been and still am obsessed with lip stains (already bought KVD's Berlin, Outlaw, and Lolita plus Lime Crime's red velvet, wicked, and suede)... So, when I came across the raves here, I quickly tried the tester when i was in Sephora... BAM! I fell in-love with the 01 shade "Always Red." It is a nicer more vibrant red than Outlaw, kind of like MAC's Riri Woo (which I also have) but better!! Retails for 16 cdn, alas it is always out of stock in Richmond Centre. :((

However, today, I saw the last available 01 shade in the big new Robson St. Sephora and quickly grabbed it. I also bought the Mauve colour.

Score!! I found my current HG lipstick!! Highly recommended!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have always red. Great red however application is tricky around the edges for me. If I can learn how to apply liquid stains and not look like a clown this would be excellent

on 3/29/2015 7:27:00 PM

This is one of the only specialty products I've purchased multiple times. This is the BEST cream lip stain I've ever used. The only one I've consistently bought is Always Red, as I prefer a matte lip rather than a shimmery or lacquered one.

It has fantastic staying power, dries quickly, and smells amazing. It's a bit drying after several hours of wear, but I've been able to go out for dinner without needing to reapply. I think it's a fantastic product and formula for the price, and if they ever discontinue Always Red I'll throw myself off a cliff.

on 3/27/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never purchased anything from sephora before and god what I was missing all these years! I have a thing lately for matte lipsticks and so far I've been using Barry M's lip paints and been happy with those but I came across these babies during holiday sales and ended up buying 3 shades: 01-Always Red, 13-Marvelous Mauve and 14-Blackberry Sorbet.

Packaging: The packaging resembles a lipgloss, it's a classic plastic tube with a wand.

Product: The lip stain is easy to apply, it's incredibly pigmented and dries matte and almost instantly so you have to be really cautious when applying it. It has a really pleasant sweet scent not an artificial one though. It tastes the same, mayby a little strong at first but fades out quickly. It doesn't dry out the lips as bad as some other matte l/s I've tried before but after a while you feel a slightly stretchy feeling not anything extremely annoying but have your lips well moisturized before applying this.

Staying power: Well, staying power is amazing! It stays put all night, it doesn't transfer while eating, smoking or kissing ;-) but it transfers a bit on glasses if it gets too wet so I recommend using a straw with your drink or coctail.

Price: Price is ok, they cost about 12 euros each for 5 ml or 0.169 oz but if you can get them 25% off, they really worth their money!

Conclusion: I would definitely try out more shades or repurchase during sales, especially shade 13-Marvelous Mauve which is my favourite out of the three and combined with mac spice lip liner gives the perfect pout!

on 3/11/2015 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This thing is the devil. I have it in "Always Red" which is the most beautiful color, deep rich true blood red. I like the feel of this on my lips as it is pretty lightweight and nondrying.

However.

This stuff has NO staying power at all. I don't know how the rest of you are doing it but I absolutely can't eat or drink anything with this on or it smears all over the place. I got so frustrated that I stopped using it for a few months. Today I was lured back into its siren song. ..seriously, that colour...only to be disappointed yet again. I carelessly took a swig of water in class and BAM my friend was like "your lipstick smeared." :( Are you kidding me? What. Anyway, will probably have to toss this unless I want to walk around like a drunk clown...

on 3/11/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG I absolutely love this lip stain! It goes on creamy and dries within mins and stays matte all day long! I'm very picky with lip stains because most dry out your lips or make your lips look very chalky but this doesn't. They have great shades I just wish they had more. I always get compliments when I wear these lip stains. My favorite one is called marvelous mauve and it's beautiful!!!! Seriously this buy you won't regret!!! Definitely worth the $13

I'm a huge fan of cream lip stains over lipsticks because they're long-wearing and apply nicely. I decided to try Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Infinite Rose because I needed a new nude one and it's probably the best lip stain I've ever tried!

It's lightweight, easy to apply, has a bit of sheen, and lasts all day. Most lip stains I have are not moisturizing but this one has avocado oil so it softens your lips a bit. I absolutely love this particular colour and would love to try more. It's $16 CAD which is a little more than I usually spend on makeup products, but every penny is worth it.