March 1, 2015 | 958 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ofeliaalonso

People need to talk about these more! They're sooo good. I own the Anastasia Liquid Lips, the Stila Stay All Days, the Hourglass Rouge, and the Kat Von D Everlasting and the Sephora ones are the ones with the BEST formula. The color range's kinda limited (the new colors are super pretty, though) but it's the most comfortable formula for liquid lipsticks out there. I have Marvelous Mauve, Pink Souffle, and Always Red (i've gone through 3 tubes of this already). I'd repurchase forever. 13$ is way cheaper than what I pay for the Stila or Anastasia ones. They wear for a solid 6-7 hours without budging, and actually take touch-ups pretty well. They fade gracefully (unlike the Hourglass ones, which get crumbly and leave the outer rim only after 3 hours).
Possible dupes:
Marvelous Mauve = Stila's Patina
Always Red= Stila's Beso
Pink Souffle= Anastasia's Lovely

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2015 6:04:00 PM More reviews by catda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this again but in a different shade. While the bright red (01) looks amazing on most people, I feel like it's way too dramatic for me. It lasts for a long time however it tends to start fading after you eat anything!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2015 4:22:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this in "Marvelous Mauve" after seeing it on a social media forum. It's similar to several other long-lasting lip cream formulas, but I prefer this one.

The formula is creamy and doesn't dry my lips out. I apply over a moisturizing lip primer, and let this product set. Once it has set, I apply a gloss over. The result is very natural and excellent for daily day wear.

The shade "Marvelous Mauve" is slightly pinker (warmer?) and more natural than Stila's Patina. I will repurchase this product once I've finished it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2015 6:08:00 AM More reviews by tisahanifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG!
I have the 03 and it's the perfect pink-red lip color! On an everyday basis, I just stain it on my lips and this tube lasts me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2015 10:15:00 AM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the colors 04 endless purple, 02 beige, 07 dark berry. These are the discontinued shades, but as I understand the formula is the same as the new ones and as the shades that never left. The 04 and 02 are creme formula with a matte finish and 07 is a shimmer shade with a matte finish. What I look for in a lip product is longevity, comfort of wear and opacity. These lip creams give all three. They last for hours, through drinking and light snacking and lots of talking. I teach and its so hard to keep lip color on when I'm constantly talking. My solution is to use one of my sephora cream stains as a base and layer a similar matte lipstick over the top, the combination easily lasts 6 hours. The combination can be drying but I prep my lips every night with the agave lip mask from bite beauty, also, I'll adda little lip balm in the center of my lip (driest area) if I need to. The formula has never flaked on me either. These are winners.

One con: the packaging of my purple one broke, its still usable but the outer cap comes off of the inner car, similar to when you have a square nail polish top and it comes off to reveal the circular one underneath.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this in the mail today. Got it based on great reviews from different sources.
Bought the color cherry blossom.
Yuck. I don't like anything about it.
I DO believe that it is long lasting.
The color looked exactly as if I rubbed pepto bismol over my lips..same neonish pink that looked dry and very chalky.
I'm sure I could find a shade I like better but I don't want to...too flat and chalky looking.
Will return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 9:25:00 PM More reviews by manyluck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this one day while I was browsing through Sephora and its my new fave lippy! You get a nice matte finish which I love. I like the application of the product and it can stay on throughout the day with little touch ups when you eat and drink. The price is cheap, would buy again and recommend to anyone. The only problem I have is I wished they had more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:53:00 AM More reviews by myshachowdhury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my favourite lip stains! i got these on shades 02 always red, and endless purple (which is currently unavailable online because sephora is introducing new shades.. Can't wait to check them out yaay!) Okay so, both of them are matte like they get so dryy and they look super sexy on any lip! And for the price it's totally worth it. i ordered another one and its on its way(Y) and it smells great, like once i apply it i keep pouting to get the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lenamass

First lip stain that doesn't dry out my lips and actually stays in place! Best I've ever used so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I bought the shade "03- Strawberry Kissed" which Sephora describes as a "matte bright pinky red". The description is right on and the colour is amazing, richly pigmented and bold. I have warm, yellow and olive skin (NC35ish right now) and it looks great.

I don't normally wear lipstick - I prefer lip tints like TonyMoly, TheSaem or anything that has a bright yet sheer colour and lasts all day. While this is not sheer, it can be applied lightly and sheered out with a lip brush (which I do) for every day wear. I get at least 4-6 hours or wear or more out of this cream stain, and it doesn't come off on my cups and lasts through (most) kisses. . .within reason, it's still make-up and not a complete miracle. Greasy food or soups and such will wear it off sooner but for work (when I just drink coffee all day and have some salad or whatever) it's perfect. Easy to apply, doesn't crack or bleed around lips (but may if you have drier lips - so prep well first!) and the price is reasonable. One tube lasts me a few months. It can be slightly drying as most matte lip products are, so I carry a non-glossy/greasy balm with me to re-apply as needed (currently I am using the balm end of the Revlon lip stain marker which works well and does not disrupt the colour nor break up the formula of the cream stain).

Highly recommend any of the matte colours, haven't tried the shimmery/pearl ones because I hate shimmer on my lips.