July 26, 2014 | 1356 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fully admit to not wanting to like this product since they are similar to Jane Iredale's Lip Plumper and I could not see how something 1/4 of the price could be as good. But I purchased this product anyway on a whim in Rhubarb (a bright pink) and Cherry (true red) while at Whole Foods grocery shopping one day and ended up loving them. They have the same minty taste and feel as other lip plumpers and a pop of color that is halfway between a gloss and a lipstick - moist but not super shiny and a sheer wash of color. The consistency imo is perfect for anyone over 30 such as myself where regular lippy tends to look dry, flaky and aging and lipglosses (which are mostly very shiny or sparkley) just look silly.

The only negatives I can say is that while inexpensive, the amount you get is fairly small. They also contain botanical oils which may be a problem for those who are sensitive.

Overall though I would definitely repurchase and I want this stuff in more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by myannabellee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. Everything about them is good. They are natural. Excellent range of colours. Nice staying power. Feels wonderful on the lips.
Lip Shimmer balms are the perfect combination between tinted lip balm and lipstick. Subtle enough colours that it does not look like I am wearing a full-on lipstick, but strong enough that my lips stand out as looking naturally beautiful.
I have mine in my pocket at all times!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, they're like the poor girl's Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (but without as much shine). The colors are subtle and fresh, but unfortunately aren't true to the cap colors *at all*. There's no way to see how these colors look on you unless you buy them, hence me taking a lippy off. At $5 though it's not that huge of a loss if a color doesn't work out. Older, DC'd colors (if you can find them) have the annoying problem of not being retractable, so if you twisted up too much you couldn't bring it back down. Luckily Burt's Bees fixed this as the newer tubes/colors are retractable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried 3 of these lip shimmers and love them! I was first impressed with one that I bought that I accidentally destroyed when I pulled a lot out and then tried to put the lid on without realizing what I was doing! Silly silly me. When I eventually went to pick up a replacement, I wasn't sure which one I had before and so picked up 2 different ones that I thought would work similarly.

I was wrong! The colors on the caps can be a little misleading, but I've come around and loved them both. I love how moisturizing these are while also being very pigmented. They take away the intimidation and drying factor of lipsticks. I always top mine with a gloss and love the way it looks/feels.

I have one in watermelon which looks kind of nude on me (but is a little warmer) and looks great with a light lipgloss on top. The other one I have (the name escapes me) is a lot darker, but great for a more dramatic lip look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

To be honest, if you're looking for a lip treatment that goes on with the ease and color of a lipstick; you won't like this product. I purchased this in the color Peony, and I like it a lot, however, the color is very sheer and subtle. Peony is a dark pinky champagne color with very subtle bronze shimmer. It's color that looks like my natural lip color with a bit more of a pop. It definitely shimmers and the color does show, just not super saturated. Then again, that is because I purchased one of the lighter colors. I am going to repurchase this product in the color Cocoa, which is more what I was hoping Peony would be, although I do like Peony a lot. I would just like a light colored one and a more pigmented one. I love Burt's products, and like all his products, this minty, so if you're not a fan of flavored balms/glosses, you won't like this one, especially if you don't like mint. The mint taste is not an over-kill though, at least not to me. This product is very moisturizing and does last long. Overall, I would recommend this to someone looking for a subtle, natural shimmer lip treatment that is moisturizing without being too sparkly or brightly colored.

EDIT: I changed this to 5 lippies, because upon using Peony again, I realized that I had written about it all wrong. I changed that up above. Before, I had thought that it didn't have much color, which at the time I was more into mauves and brows, and was deceived by the color on the cap. I now love this color, above Cocoa and Rhubarb, which I also purchased. I like Rhubarb the best secondly, and Cocoa the last, as it's much frostier. However, Cocoa still has a great color. Recently, I also picked up Fig. Fig is a pretty dark blood red berry color. I like it a lot, I just don't wear reds very much. Overall, I recommend all the colors I have purchased, and like this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have bought this product twice now, because I forgot that I had tried it before and didn't like it the first time! I bought Guava, since I usually stick to pink-y neutrals. This is more on the purple side, but that's not really my problem with it.
The good: it does do a good job moisturizing my lips, and I like the packaging. The bad: I get that it's trying to have a "fresh breath" effect with the minty flavor, but it tastes exactly like toothpaste, which I do not find appealing. Also, the shimmer is too cool, so it looks a little more "frosted" than a natural sparkle. My husband actually said when I had it on, "Why do your lips look silver?"
Pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these Burt's Bees Lip shimmers !! I have the colors Champagne, Fig, Watermelon, and Rhubarb. They all have the signature Burt's Bees tingly-ness. They are 100% Natural which is something I love, especially because you are putting them on your lips. They color pay off is great. They are like lipsticks but are very moisturizing and a little less intimidating if you are kind of hesitant to buy a red lipstick, for example. I would highly recommend trying these if you are interested :)