Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/18/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Inititally this purchase was for someone else but when i tried on my lips, totally fell iin love with it. Its a lip balm + colours! with the mmint feeling on the lips, additional heaveness! but that the thing that twirls up and down the lip shimmer is spoilt. it was only my first time using after opening the products.

Will go back to sephora and ask for a exchange, hopefully they allow.

on 8/8/2015 6:23:00 PM

I use this in place of any other lipstick or lip gloss. This is so good for your lips and doesn't leave that gross film that lipsticks will create sometimes after a long time on your lips. Beautiful. A bit expensive for such a tiny tube but that's ok.

on 4/25/2015 5:05:00 PM

I have two shades and I really like them. They're moisturising and give a lot of color for a lip balm and they all smell like peppermint.

on 1/14/2015 1:00:00 PM

A nice, moisturizing balm with a tint of color and shimmer. I have this in whisper pink which is a soft pinkish mauve with subtle silver shimmer. Keeps my lips soft with a hint of minty tingle.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nice product! It was very moisturizing, and had a minty tingle. It gave a nice sheen to the lips if you apply a little bit, but can be very frosty if you apply too much. Because it has shimmer, it's great as a cheek stain+highlight!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. IT IS MY GO TO LIP PRODUCT. I'm sorry it's just the best. It's light and has good color, but very wearable. I have it in "Plum" (which is my absolute favorite) which is a dark, velvety purple-red, "Rhubarb" which is a just kissed pink, and "Raisin" which is a brown-red. I would HIGHLY recommend these for people who like color but lipstick is too committing, or for when lip stain is too drying. (Plus you can put lip gloss over it!) A little expensive, but lasts a very long time. Love it!

on 10/17/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I tried two shades of this product. TOO much color - I just wanted a hint of color. The consistency seems thick and goopy too. I have ended up using these as cuticle softeners at night. Very disappointed.

I like the other BB balm so much more.

on 2/1/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I fully admit to not wanting to like this product since they are similar to Jane Iredale's Lip Plumper and I could not see how something 1/4 of the price could be as good. But I purchased this product anyway on a whim in Rhubarb (a bright pink) and Cherry (true red) while at Whole Foods grocery shopping one day and ended up loving them. They have the same minty taste and feel as other lip plumpers and a pop of color that is halfway between a gloss and a lipstick - moist but not super shiny and a sheer wash of color. The consistency imo is perfect for anyone over 30 such as myself where regular lippy tends to look dry, flaky and aging and lipglosses (which are mostly very shiny or sparkley) just look silly.

The only negatives I can say is that while inexpensive, the amount you get is fairly small. They also contain botanical oils which may be a problem for those who are sensitive.

Overall though I would definitely repurchase and I want this stuff in more colors.

on 8/8/2012 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love, love, love Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. Everything about them is good. They are natural. Excellent range of colours. Nice staying power. Feels wonderful on the lips.
Lip Shimmer balms are the perfect combination between tinted lip balm and lipstick. Subtle enough colours that it does not look like I am wearing a full-on lipstick, but strong enough that my lips stand out as looking naturally beautiful.
I have mine in my pocket at all times!

on 3/18/2012 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, they're like the poor girl's Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (but without as much shine). The colors are subtle and fresh, but unfortunately aren't true to the cap colors *at all*. There's no way to see how these colors look on you unless you buy them, hence me taking a lippy off. At $5 though it's not that huge of a loss if a color doesn't work out. Older, DC'd colors (if you can find them) have the annoying problem of not being retractable, so if you twisted up too much you couldn't bring it back down. Luckily Burt's Bees fixed this as the newer tubes/colors are retractable.

Popular Lip Treatments