Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

3.9

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 3/28/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I felt like this dried my hair out more than regular soap. Hated it! No moisturize retention whatsoever.

on 2/11/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought one for my mother and myself, but after I saw what it did to my mothers hair I didn't dare try it on my own. Her hair was the driest I had ever seen. The smell of this is really strong and off-putting. Why would you put all that perfume into a natural product. Makes no sense to me. All in all im just finished with the natural hair products. They really don't do anything for the hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love LOVE it! I have been using for about 3 months. Best thing I have ever used! I did a TON of online research, and finally decided for the best deal and quality of ingredients, I would try it. Never going back- to ANY other shampoo! For price, GREAT, for quality, GREAT! I have brown hair, normally crunchy and greasy really fast. This made it soft, silky, but NOT greasy/oily for two days! I cannot stop touching my hair after I wash it. Love the natural shea butter smell! SO many people have complimented me on the smell it ROCKS! A little goes a long way as well.
DON"T FEAR TRYING IT! If you have greasy scalp and dry ends, this is the shampoo for you! It evens out the softness so my scalp is not greasy, but soft and my ends are not crunchy/dry, but soft and silky!
The ingredients also rock. I CANNOT believe that the ingredients listed do what they do! ALL NATURAL and plant based, for real! I became a health freak about four months ago, so I wanted to find something more natural than the shampoo I was using. My mom uses the curly haired one in this line- it works great for her too! I WILL ALWAYS be your fan, shea moisture.
ONLY downer is it is not completely organic, or certified nongmo. I tried looking it up to see if anther website says whether or not. I know the baby line is nongmo sugar beets. Maybe someday I will ask. It doesn't matter, for the naturalness, ingredients, price, and the quality of what it does to your hair- you will NEVER go back to conventional! Don't listen to others! I looked at the horrible reviews before I bought it and they made me sketchy- such lying freaks! This is the best shampoo on the market, and the healthiest for your hair- even ABOVE certified organic shampoos that I found only contain castile soap (not good for hair since it strips the natural oils so your head overcompensates)
AND for thsi shampoo there is a SLIGHT transitional period, like two days, but if you use no other product with it, (NO sprays, gels) your hair becomes a wonder!
AND THOSE WHO SAID THEIR COLOR GOES OUT- LIARS! My mom dyes her hair routinely and she used it and she has had NO COLOR LOSS whatsoever. It even made the color more VIBRANT and REAL!

DON"T BE AFRAID! GIVE THIS WONDERFUL, God given product a try!

on 1/28/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I kept eyeing this shampoo & conditioner for the longest time. When they're on sale, they always go fast. A lot of the stores that usually carry this brand (CVS, Walgreens, ULTA) rarely have it in my area, or not at all. My local Wal Mart got this particular product, so I paid full price to try it.

I honestly went in with no huge expectations from these. I have fine, wavy, long hair, and assumed it would weigh my hair down. NOPE. Not the case! The shampoo is super creamy, with a little lather. It leaves my hair super shiny and bouncy! While it didn't do a lot for my frizz & dry ends the first two times I used it, by the end of the first week I could really see and feel it working.

The first week I used this, I had to adjust to the amount of shampoo needed. A little does go a long way. It does lather, but not as much a sulfate shampoo. I would wash my hair thinking that there was no way this product is doing its job, and I was wrong. Keep this in mind if you aren't used to sulfate free products.

With the conditioner, my hair stays clean and non greasy for about two days. My hair is usually greasy by the end of the day.

While the scent isn't an overpowering, knock you out strong one when I use it, it will stay in my hair for days. This is unheard of for me, especially with a natural product. I love getting hints of it through the day. It's also my -favorite- scent from their hair care lines so far. I find that the Hibiscus Coconut is SICKLY sweet, and will never use it for that reason. The smell from this particular line is totally different. Though I can't put my finger on what it exactly smells like... it's clean and perfumey. Rosemary & honeysuckle extracts are used.

With their B1G1 sales, you seriously can't go wrong -- especially if you can find them easily (jealous). I plan to stock up online until they are more available in my area.

Their products being priced the way they are (even full price), with the ingredients they contain, is an INSANE deal.
Customer for life!

on 1/27/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been in the market for a new sulfate free shampoo, something more natural. After getting into couponing for a bit I had accumulated a stock of sulfate shampoos and silicone filled conditioners and my hair was a wreck. I decided no amount of savings was worth having ratty hair and did tons of research until I decided on trying the Shea Moisture line.

I purchased the Raw Shea shampoo/conditioner and the Coconut Hibiscus shampoo/conditioner because I couldn't decide which line would be best for my hair type.
I have normal to fine caucasian hair and lots of it. My canopy is very porous and my under lengths are normal to low porosity. My hair pattern is very wavy if I do not brush it out after showering but if i do it goes into a slightly waved full bodied look, not completely straight.

I rotate using the Raw Shea Shampoo and Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo as the Raw Shea is very moisturizing and my hair will get oily if i use it twice in a row.
Slowly but surely my hair is returning to health.

Personally, I prefer the scent of the Raw Shea line over the Coconut and Hibiscus range. The Raw Shea scent is light and lasts till your next wash.

I love this brand and can't wait to try the other lines. I am a Shea Moisture customer forever.

on 1/23/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought this at Rite Aid, BOGO. I will never buy sulfate free shampoo again. My hair is oily and I have to wash daily so I thought I would try to help it out by trying this. It left it feeling not clean. It's not worth it. I lost just as much color down the drain as I normally do and still had dirty feeling hair. Big, bad, evil sulfate wins the day. Won't buy again.

on 1/10/2015 5:49:00 PM

I absolutely love this shampoo. I have long wavy hair, which is pretty thick due to the amount of hair but actually quite fine in texture, and this works really well for me. It's marketed specifically for Afro hair, but it's fantastic for any type of hair that's prone to dryness and frizz.

The most wonderful thing about this shampoo is the list of ingredients, there are many products that claim to have "natural extracts" etc, but this is the real deal. It contains:
Deionized Water,
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
Argan Oil
Pro-Vitamin B-5
Rosemary Extract
Sea Kelp Extract
Vitamin E
Guar Gum
Honeysuckle Flower and Japanese Honeysuckle Flower Extract
Avocado Oil
...and that's all! It contains no SLS, which is a known irritant and is found in virtually all shampoos, shower gels and soaps, and it's fantastic for sensitive skin. I have eczema at the back of my neck and it's almost completely cleared up since I started using this.

It also seems to have brought back more of my natural curl and shine, which is probably due to the healthier washing process. Normal shampoo strips your hair of oils and then conditioner coats the hair with waxes to make up for this, which means that the hair doesn't go through it's natural process of producing healthy oils to protect the hair. This shampoo makes your hair look and smell fab and it doesn't strip the oils out, so there's not really a need for the same amount of conditioning. I use a wee bit of conditioner at the ends of my hair (because it's long and finer at the ends, so it tangles a bit) but I use it before the shampoo, and this seems to work much better. It's a much better and healthier way of caring for your hair, you'll notice a difference!

The only problem seems to be getting it here in Scotland, I think to buy it in the US it's about $10, which is about 6 or 7, but it's not available in any shops here, I have to order it online which costs 12, so almost double the price, ouch. I think it's worth every penny though, it's well worth ordering in the UK and for that price in the US, you're getting a bargain!

on 1/10/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

after years of trying the best and most expensive salon products and then more natural organics versions never quite getting the results i wanted ( not to mention aging changes to my hair) intill i tired this! love it! makes my hair feel lightly conditioned and allows me to use a med-lightweight conditioner rather then heavy duty one to make my ends feel softer and smooth but always made my roots greasy and heavy. the smell i adore now but at first remembering it took some getting used to...anyway i wash day and at nighttime and this shampoo keeps the condition of my hair the same not strippped. only wish it came with pump but i copped one from a throw away cleanser bottle so no biggie highly recommend doing that! this line ofter hoes on sale at sallys or walgreen and rite aid for bogofree or boho %50 off or even b2get one free so keep ur eye out! ps got my boyfriend using it even he likes it no conditioning after!

on 1/10/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Never have I had a Shampoo truly be so great. I have course, frizzy, thick, dry hair. I've tried countless shampoos that either don't cleanse enough, never lather, dry my hair out from over cleansing, or tangle my hair. This shampoo does neither of those. It evenly lathers nice, cleanses perfectly once and rinses as soft as a conditioner. After using I noticed my hair become shinier, more manageable and soft! My only con and upsetting is that my when my hair is dry the roots can appear oily from slight heavy build up residue of the product.

on 1/8/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have color treated/grey hair. I tried this thinking it would be just what I needed, moisture and sulfate-free. Unfortunately I had to shampoo my hair the next day. It left my hair with a residue and basically dirtier than prior to washing it. I used it again a few times to make sure that the shampoo was the problem and unfortunately it was.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products