April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Polishes - OPI - Stranger Tides

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by stellahoney84

Stranger Tides is a greyed sage green color. Application was easy, smooth and the polish dried to a shiny finish even without top coat. Highly recommend this color if you can still find it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MissMakeupAddict14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Alot more green-ier than I expected. This is my first OPI polish and actually havent found anything amazing about it, the application was horrible, took anywhere from 2-4 coats to get it right and by the 4th it started to get very gooey and wouldnt dry properly and chipped within minutes. I'd descibe the colour as a light olive green or a very very green-nude colour which isnt flattering at all on my NC10 skin.
Wish i'd of done some more research on this colour and would not repurchase again either.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my most worn polishes and is a no-brainer color: one I grab when I'm not quite sure what to wear. It's perfect because it's work appropriate but still interesting. It's one of those edgy neutral polishes that I love so much. It works beautifully with my cool-toned skin tone. The mint green nail polish trend doesn't work for me - it gives me lobster hands - so this moody pistachio color is a nice alternative.

This is a sage green color that pulls more grey in some lights and more green in others. The finish is really cool and unique for my (sizable) collection. It has a neat sheen that's not super glossy... It's kind of satiny. For that reason, I prefer OPI Stranger Tides to Essie Da Bush, although they both look very similar.

I took off one star because application is not the greatest; towards the end of your manicure, the polish can get kind of gloopy regardless of what you do. But overall I love this color, as well as all the Pirates of the Caribbean colors. As a side note, if you love murky greens like this one, OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel is another great polish!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This I scored at winners for a awesome price..... I found this an awesome bast color a very chamelon shade that I do not have to worry about clashing or overtaking my outfit. Very much enjoyed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this green, it's like military green (well the pale version). But in the spring when I wear a lot of khaki colors it's great! Lasts a long time and it gets many compliments. It's a cream, this shade shines because of the glossiness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

Loooooooooooove this colour. It's like a taupey-greeny-gray. Goes on like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a pale grey sage green creme polish. I love this color. It is super unique. The formula is really nice. I liked it best with two coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a lovely sage green and leans towards the pastel creme finish. It's a nice colour on my skin-tone at the moment but I think it would look even better during the Summer with a tan. The formula was fairly easy to work with but being a pastel, it had a patchier formula but I didn't experience any streaking. It takes a bit more patience/effort to apply this and I used two coats until I was satisfied with the finish. I have it on now with their Silver Shatter polish on top and it's a fabulous combo.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by CaittFraser

I was extremely skeptical about this colour, but I got it anyway as I purchased the whole colllection but suprisingly when it arrived - stranger tides was the first one I wore. I was extremely suprised that i actually liked wearing it, but after a day I didn't really. It's a really unique colour, sometimes it can even look like a really pale olive green. I'd read rave reviews about it's aplication and was a LITTLE dissapointed, although it was very workable. I used three coats as it was a little streaky - but only if you don't have a very genourous amount on your brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very beautiful, pastel sage green (with grey undertones). I reminds me of a much lighter version of Essie's "Sew Psyched". The first coat is a bit streaky, but with 2 coats I achieved a beautiful opaque finish. With a topcoat, I didn't chip for about 4 days. If it wern't LE, I would not hesitate to purchase again!