April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Liner #12

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ive tried some waterproof liquid liners, this one does last and is waterproof and doesnt seem to flake or look like a tire on your eyes. so i think i will stick to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy freakin' grail.

I have historically always HATED liquid liners. The applicators were always too big or too flimsy to give me the precise, thin lines I desire, and the formulas were always too watery. So yeah, given that background, I had been using MAC's fluidlines.

But OMG... Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be enough love in my heart for another liner, MUFE's aqua liners went and r0xed my s0x.

Where to start?

OK, the applicator. Shake the pen, and twist. Out pops a little brush of what I assume is felt. It's small and on the firmer side, which for me is just heavenly. After daily use, the tip is still firm and intact (no weird fraying or splitting or flopping). And for a pen-using neophyte, this liner is so easy to use. It's just the right size to get in where it needs to go without getting tangled in your lashes.

OK, the formula. Perfection. Wears like effin' iron -- whatever I previously said about fluidlines, just ignore. This stuff is as clean and precise and defined as it was in the morning. No migrating, no fading, no budging, no smearing, no flaking, nothing. We're talking "OMG MY PUPPY DIED I'M SOOOO SAD (but doesn't my eyeliner still look super-awesome through these giant salty tears?)" kind of wear. On the flipside, clean-up is quite easy with an oil-based remover. The pigment itself sort of...flakes off...like housepaint or spraypaint -- NTTAWWT. (Just figure I should disclose that so there's no surprises. =P)

OK, the color. It's a matte, dark brown. Totally basic, but totally essential for fairer gals and guys for whom black eyeliner is kinda trainwreckishly harsh during the daytime.

Other considerations: freakin' easy to travel with. After previously having to make space for a gel liner and an extra brush JUST for eyelining, I can't tell you how liberating it was to forgo all that for this slim little pen. After all, that means I have extra room to bring OTHER stuff, like more lipsticks? =D

So yeah, like I said: holy freakin' grail.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is exactly what I have been looking for in a daytime eyeliner. Black is too harsh of a color against my fair skin for a daytime look. I like to keep my look clean, professional and minimal. But some browns tend to give a reddish tone which does not flatter me. Before this eyeliner I would settle for Clinique's quickliner in black/brown. Perfect color, but staying power was not great.

This eyeliner is a matt DARK brown almost black. It gives the definition that I want and best of all, it stays on ALL day :)

I am on my second tube of this. For reference other eyeliner favorites are UD bourbon (love this color, but not exactly office friendly), UD Whisky and Clinique Egyptian

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by honeybeeyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eye line!! I have very oliy eyelid and I got panda eye from most of the eyeliner that I have tried (Bobbie brown gel, shu uemura liquid / gel... etc). This eye liner doesn't smudge at all throughout the entire day. I purchased five more color and will definitely re- purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the liner for Panda Eyed gals like me. Liners tend to give me the dreaded panda eyes but this one does not budge. Does. Not. Budge. I am in love. #12 is a pretty matte espresso brown, housed in a slim screw type pen. The barrel is the color of the liner, and the cap unscrews holding a felt tip. The tip is flexible yet stiff enough to make a perfect thin or thick line. Liquid liners take a bit of practice, but this one makes it simple. You have to make sure to shake it well before usage. Once you make your line, if you want to add more, wait for it to dry first. This liner stays on in the humid 100+ heat of Texas, I think thats amazing. Its $22 at sephora, I bought #12 and #13 in black- for what it does I think the price is reasonable. I will definitely buy this again and also would like to try the other colors as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Rejoice, liquid liner lovers, for this is the liner you've been waiting for. Easy to apply - seriously, the applicator is so thin and precise and smooth, you cannot mess this up. Goes on evenly - no streaking or skipping or uneven color like with some liquid liners. Lasts a long time - even on my eyes, with eye cream and oily skin and makeup on a hot summer Arizona day, this lasts. The shade is a dark brown, which is my preference as I feel black is too harsh on me (and many women) and it is so easy to control that you can do any kind of look you want with this. If you have been scarred by experiences with mediocre liquid liners, or if you need makeup that really holds up under extreme conditions, you must try this.

The only remaining question is how long this liner lasts before drying up. I'll update if it goes dry sooner than average.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

MUFE Aqua Liner in Mat Mocha/ #12 is a highly pigmented dark brown almost black liner that glides along the lash line with just the right amount of product. It's really easy to use for even those with unsteady hands. It lasts a long time without smudging, and is easily removed with MAC makeup remover wipes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product will stay on through sweat, tears, grease, rubbing, rain, and even makeup remover. Believe me, I've tried it all! In fact, it is so tenacious that I have a hard time removing it from my skin; this is as close as you can get to a temporary tattoo liner. Amazing, amazing pigment, glides on smoothly, and the brush is just genius. I challenge anyone who has been unhappy with their liner fading to try this. This is space-aged stuff! I need back-ups, asap, as the Sephora closest to me has already sold out; I had to call around and place this baby on hold.