E.L.F. Shimmer Lip Gloss Collection

3.3

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Aspartame May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Despite the established trends of richly pigmented lipsticks and the recently rising trend of richly pigmented lipglosses, I was actually looking for something that would give me a very sheer tint but intense shine to my medium-pink, slightly brown lips. I got the shade Inspire (pale baby pink) and it did not disappoint!

I first applied a layer of my blue eos as a primer, and then dabbed on the gloss with short swiping motions. I find that this technique gives me more control over the amount of gloss I actually use. Upon the first couple of dabs, the gloss looks opaque and frosty but after some small swipes and lip smacking, it turns to a very sheer gloss with incredible shine and a hint of pink. My lips look have never looked more juicy and plump!

It's a comfortable wear and not sticky, but as a result requires frequent touch ups (once every two hours or so) and even more so if there's any food or drinks involved. I would say it's a great dupe for the Dior Lip Polish 002 (Fresh Expert), except that Dior's has more of that runway juicy shine and Elf's has more of a pink tint.

It would be my perfect gloss, and at $2 it's pretty hard to beat! But one lippie was taken off because of the FIVE parabens crawling in this formula, and even if it's the last five on the ingredients list, it's still five more than necessary. I would've taken two lippies off, but the gloss is so perfect in every other way that I decided to just take away one. 😔

on 2/28/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nice pigmentation. No funny taste or smell. In fact, they actually taste and smell quite nice. They are shimmery. I bought 4 in a holiday set from Wal-Mart (Berry Babe, make a wish, Tutu pink, and confetti.) The clear (confetti) works perfectly for moisturizing when I use eyeshadow for color on my lips.

on 12/10/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I picked up a holiday kit of 4 of these glosses for $5. Yes - $5 for 5 glosses - so for price alone that is a deal. i gifted them to my 10 year old - a sparkly sheer, a pink, a deep coral and a sheer deeper pink. I can not comment on wear as she is wearing them - not me. A perfect stocking stuffer.

on 4/9/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Boy you just can't buy one elf product! For the price you cannot beat it. I bought three of them and they are all excellent. Little tacky but it feels moisturizing and as long as you don't get your hair stuck in it it is fine

on 4/9/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing for the price! Very good pigmentation. Sweet scent. Have been using it daily for a month now; good value for the money! Looks to be nowhere near done. It is a bit sticky, but works as a good base for lipstick. Will definitely buy again.

Like one of the other reviewers, I got the set with Victoria, Miami, Houston, New York, and Pink. I don't see how others like the smell because I despise it. They smell very similar to the e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shines in the tubes and remind me of chewable children's Tylenol, which is probably why I really hate the scent.

The pigmentation is about a 2.5/5. I do think these glosses are pretty tacky if you wear them on their own, and they are thick. Swatching them on my hand and removing them with soap and water just left a sticky mess. I don't think these are worth your money unless you want to give them to a young child to play with.

On a side note, the packaging is sleek, compact, and looks very nice.

I usually really love E.L.F. products because they are great quality for a low price, but these glosses really didn't do it for me. The only upside for me was that they smell good. Barely anything comes in the little tube, they show up VERY sheer on the lips, you can barely see anything, and the different colors all look very similar on the lips. I bought these for really cheap so I'm glad, because I never wear these glosses. They don't stay on for over 5 minutes..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These lip glosses I found were very nice for the price. They aren't sticky, but still have just enough tackyness to help them stay on for longer. I don't know if it was just the set that I got, but it seemed as if all the colors smelled different. The one in 'miami' smelled really good and fruity, but the one in 'pink' smelled like soap and chemicals. I am not fond of lip products that smell weird, especially because there's a chance I might swallow them. But for those who don't mind smells, this is a great set, considering the price for all 5 of them!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I hate ELF but i'm a sucker for their lip glosses.
These are not high end, have high pigmentation or will blow you away. For what they are, they're great.
the glosses are not gritty at all. They go on very smooth and are sheer. They provide a good tint to the lips. I really love how all the colors are wearable and have fantastic staying power. I can go out for several hours and these won't fade. They're very moisturizing but I can't detect any sparkle on my lips. In the tube, it's everywhere but doesn't transfer onto my lips. I'm a bit disappointed. then again, it's not a huge deal for me.
It's amazing how cheap they are, $5 for all of them. the amount of product is almost half of what it would normally be. As long as you wouldn't wear these every single day, they'd last.
Do not wear any of these on a night out or a very special event. For casual wear, the glosses are perfect.

on 9/19/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this collection has a : gold,Coral,Creme barbie pink,a berry, and a red.
the coral is my most used one. Im almost finished it! all of them are very sheer and wearable. The creme barbie pink is more opaque. they are pretty thick. But i dont sence any stickyness. these last about 4/5 hours on my lips with out touch ups. for some like me works well but for others they want longer. I got all of these lip glosses (5) for $4 from winners i think! I love the packageing that it came in too!

Recommended for Medium Skin