October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Lip Gloss - Bourjois - Effet 3D Max Lipgloss 64 Framboise ardent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

The pigmentation of this gloss is very strong, making it rather difficult to wear during daytime, as I like a natural neutral look for everyday. The smell of it doesn't bother me and it is a sweet fruity floral that goes away after a while. The lasting power is average, leaning onto 3-4 hours which is good enough for me. It feels creamy and moisturizing, worn over a light layer of balm, as I do with all lip products. However, I will not repuchase this gloss for the following reasons: 1) packaging and 2) the extreme amount of glitter. The packaging leaks and after I've had mine for a while, it starts to look disgusting around the mouth of the tube as it leaks out. I have to clean it periodically and I'm afraid of tossing it into my purse. The gorgeous glitter in this gloss looks nice on the packaging and under artificial light, but it is OTT under sunlight and looks really tacky. They are very chunky glitters and it is uncomfortable to talk wearing this gloss. When the gloss wears off, the glitter layer remains, which is really unattractive because the gloss dries my lips out and the glitters bring out the fine lines on my dry lips. Do note that I wear a balm underneath the gloss. Overall I am unimpressed by Bourjois, as with all of their products. I will consider repurchasing in another color that is less glittery or that is of a cream finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This gloss is pigmented, it has a nice fruity scent but I'm not a fan of the spatula applicator, it packs on too much product and I can't even imagine using it without a mirror. The color is a dark orange-red without any glitter in it. The consistency is very glossy/creamy though so I wish the product was available in more interesting shades, if it was I would definitely repurchase. I still prefer the ordinary Bourjois 3D lip glosses though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

ZOMG I'm in love with this gloss. I bought it after reading Lisa Eldridge's top drugstore recommendations. Although she touts Rose Acidule - it was too pale for my pigmented lips, in fact, most of the other shades were. However, this shade is very pretty, think natural flush, and the texture is divine; it's very balmy and moisturising and gives a lovely natural but polished look. I can see this one being very lovely in the Winter when my lips get dryer. My gripes: it's not as pigmented as HE glosses like Lancome, which leave a lovely stain on the lips so it needs touching up frequently but I can live with that for the price. The plastic applicator is just darn weird (but not impossible to work with and you can always just apply it with a lip brush if it bothers you)! There are bound to be people unsure about the price, which is, admittedly, higher than the average drugstore lipgloss but it's totally worth it. The quality is as good as many HE brands I have tried and it's half the price - a bargain in reality. Will I repurchase? Absolutely! Bourjois bring this out in a wider selection of shades pretty please :)