November 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Facial Radiance Capsules

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by KCucumber

I noticed no difference in my skin texture at all. The smell is lovely however. My skin MAY have been moisturised, but I followed the capsules with moisturiser so it is impossible to tell the cause.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop were having a sale when I decided to give these a try. I knew vitamin C was supposed to be great for healing the skin and brightening, so I thought 'Why not?'.

NIGHT USE

I only use this at night time, before bed for maximum effect.

Upon squeezing the pale orange serum onto my fingers, I wasn't immediately convinced it would be enough product, but it really was! It has a very light silky texture that absorbs nicely into the skin leaving a slight sheen (not oily).

In the morning when I woke up to wash my face and looked in the mirror and noticed that my face wasn't as dry as normal. I continued use every night (sometimes I'd miss a night, but put it on in the day when I wasn't going out), and I noticed that my old dark acne marks were fading rapidly.

NOTE: My primary face at this time was the 'Biore Ice Fighting Cleanser' (Skin Clearing with Salicylic Acid)

Over the course of 1 month, I used these everyday for about 2 weeks until I was satisfied with the results. My skin had never been so clear, soft and radiant. Applying make-up was just for fun, rather than a crutch.

Fast forward two years and I don't know why I ever stopped using these. I've just purchased some more from eBay (much cheaper than the BS website itself).

I've never had a bad experience using these capsules, they just work for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only bought this because The Body Shop was having a sale. I usually never buy stuff from this store, but after speaking to a girl my age (I'm 30) who possessed the skin of a 20 year old, I learned that she used this product and I knew I had to try it. Honestly, my skin is very picky when it comes to products and I know that what works for some may not work for others so I wasn't expecting very much in terms of results. Let me just say, WOW. I used to exfoliate every other day to brighten my skin and keep it smooth and soft, but every since I started using this I don't need exfoliate at all because my skin is so soft, smooth and bright. Not only that, but somehow I managed to stop breaking out. That never happens. Even after all these results I was still skeptical, so I stopped using this for two days and I broke out again. I really hope they don't discontinue this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Value for money. I like the scent. Use it at night, twice a week. After some time, my skin looks more radiant. Not oily after skin absorbs everything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

My skin was really bad last winter and I wanted to give it a little vitamin boost.
I looked at different reviews and everywhere I read about it I saw amazing reviews so I gave in and bought this product.

It comes in little orange capsules which you twist open and squeeze out the product.
I absolutely hate the smell but it blends easily and makes your skin feel really soft and smooth. Unfortunately it hasn't made any difference to my skin. It was still dry with red patches and I couldn't see or feel any improvement.

I don't recommend this product. It's over-hyped and over-priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I don't like this at all. It has some granule that scratches my face. It applies thick and sort of sting my sensitive skin a little. So I gave it to my mum.

Now on her 50-ish skin it was phenomenal! Her skin brightened up, moistures, smoothed fine lines and even reduced the pigmentation she had on her cheeks due to sun exposure.
Which is why I am giving this 4 stars.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

I hate it when i am the only few people not impressed by a cult product. All my friends are big fans of this but not me. I found that the product left a oily residue on my skin which i hate. I don't see any obvious change to my skin after finishing up 2 boxes of this product. In fact, i cannot be certain if it was this product which caused my acne to be even worse after i broke out terribly from using Clarisonic Mia.

I am swearing off beauty products and just sticking with my dermatologist.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by smithar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received this as a gift; I'm not really a fan of TBS's Vitamin C line (I don't like orange-smelling things) but I was willing to give the product a shot. The capsules contain a gel that basically evaporates the moment it hits my skin. I moisturize right after applying the capsule but I can't really tell if it's making any difference to my nighttime regiment. Don't really see the point of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by vinihere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of entire vitamin C range and this one tops the list. After a month of daily use- night time, my skin is smoothened and is more tight & radiant. It has also helped control excess sebum production since I have somewhat oily skin. It's recommended to be used before moisturizing, so those who have dry skin should definately moisturize after its application. great product and I keep buying it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by empiricallyVain

I love this product!!! love it! I always come back to these capsules. I do find them expensive though, but there are usually great sales like buy 3 get 2 free and I take advantage here. These are fantastic under makeup, smell great, non greasy, leave my skin really smooth and soft, brighten it up and even out the tone and kick fine lines in the bum. I always use 2 to 3 a day though, and put them on immediately after the shower with a little face massage. Surprised to see so many bad reviews, but I love them!