August 30, 2014 | 1761 users online

Skincare - Body - Skin911.com Face & Body Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by skin911dotcom

Dear Josiemom,

I would like to address your 11/2/2012 review of Skin911 Face and Body Peel + Lotion. I wish you would have contacted me so I could have helped you. The dryness you were experiencing was the start of the peeling action on your legs. Dry rough skin occurs when dead skin cells are still sticking/adhering to the surface of your skin. A few more peels, or using a buff puff with a micro bead exfoliator would have removed them leaving your skin soft. I recommend using a buff puff with exfoliator before peeling your legs to eliminate the majority of dead cells allowing the peel to go straight to work, and give you the benefits. Otherwise, the first couple of peels the product spends its' time working to remove the dead skin. If you wait a long time between peels the rough, dry, dead cell build-up will likely happen, again. If you consistently peel your legs without the rough dry feeling, then there is no build-up and the luster should be good.

Good luster is a SPF 1 against the sun, who has this - babies do. I often admire the sheen or luster of baby's skin, dead cells are sloughing off the surface at a normal rate revealing tightly packed living cells reflecting the light. With age, dead cells have a case of the "lingers", and the glue like substance that holds them together is stickier - gluing them to the surface. They become broken and jagged giving the rough and dry feeling to the touch. Removing them exposes the tightly packed living cells, and replaces the dull lifeless appearance with good luster.

Another reason for dry skin could be over use of glycolic acid, using too much too soon for your skin. This often occurs with daily glycolic facial care, the product is initially too strong and used too often for the skin to adjust in time. Stopping glycolic acid until your skin returns to normal, then starting back applying less often until the skin adjusts always does the trick. It's best to adhere to the doctor's "pulse treatment" schedule when starting a new glycolic acid product you think might be too strong. Apply once to your skin, then wait a day or two before applying again, your skin has a rest period in-between applications to adjust.

There is also confusion when the word "peel" is connected to different chemicals. Even though it is known as a glycolic peel there should not be any layers of the skin falling off in clumps, scabbing, residual redness, or side effects. It earned its' name "The Lunch Hour Peel" by people having them done on their lunch hour, returning to work and no one was the wiser, except they kept looking better and better after their lunch hours. No one should know you had a peel immediately after your peel, but you should look better than you did before the peel. Major skin improvements are seen over a period of months, not days. One of the Face and Body Peel + Lotion ingredients is 30% glycolic acid.

Yes, always wash your hands after handling any product with a peeling action such as, Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide; this also reduces accidental transfer to the eyes.

I am sorry you are unhappy with your product and if you wish a refund, please, contact me 866-376-7546. Sincerely, Mary Gillespie, owner, skin911.com

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by josiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product primarily for my legs. It is designed for that purpose. It made my skin feel rough and dry and I experienced NO PEELING on my legs at all. Infact, they felt awful. The only place I had any peeling at all was on the palms of my hands and fingers. I used it regularly exactly per the instructions. This product was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm SHOCKED no one on MUA has reviewed anything from skin911.com yet!?

This is my review for the Face and Body Peel. It's classified as a wearable peel/lotion that is a 42% combination of 30% Glycolic, 10% Lactic, 1% Mandelic, Malic and Kojic acid + moisturizers. I would not call this a lotion, it's more of a runny gel. The pH is 2.5. Think of this product as a chemical version of an exfoliating body scrub with the volume turned up high on steroids! I bought this with the Intense Hand and Body lotion (32% hydroxy acid with peptides) using layered on top of the peel and I cannot tell you how soft and amazing my body skin looks and feels using these products. My skin hasn't looked this good, EVER. I can honestly say my skin glows.

For a body lotion, (it's more like a runny gel) this is high in AHA and very strong. So sunscreen is an absolute MUST. I noticed results in 2-3 days. The Keratosis Pilaris on the back of my arms and thighs..GONE. Dry, flaky, scaly skin...GONE. Old farmers tan....GONE. And my splotchy freckles have faded about 50%. I am not affiliated with this company but I cannot rave more about these body products. You only need to use them about twice a week for maintenence. I would imagine everyday would make your skin very irritated as the pH is low. For the first 3 min after application to back, arms, shoulders and legs, it definitely stings but the sensation eventually goes away for me as my body is used to AHA's already. If you are new to AHA's, wash it off if your skin turns red and the stinging doesn't go away. I noticed peeling on my knees and legs and ankles after 24 hours of use. The body peel is $85 for 8oz. I have not used this on my face as I have seperate peels for that. Mary the owner of skin911.com is very personable and the shipping is fast. I will continue to order from her forever and can't wait to try her other products!