April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lipstick - E.L.F. - Lipstick in "Nostalgic"

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This lipstick is creamy and pigmented. The shade is a pale pink and, although not apparent in the tube, it looks exactly like MAC's Hue on the lips! It has a subtle sweet scent to it and doesn't last very long, but for £1.50 it's a good nude. Maybe too pale for my taste, but a good nude for pale nude lipstick lovers. The packaging is bad but at least it doesn't cost a bomb to replace if it does break!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Eva2012

I was looking for an everyday nude colour, this lipstick has a pink tint to it and works great as an everyday lip colour. I apply it over a lip balm and it last a long time without drying the lips. Would buy this colour again as it is cheap, practical and does not dry my lips like some of the other lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

For a dollar, its an okay lipstick. The color isn't the prettiest. From the photo i t looks light pink. Its more of a peach in person. Since I was going for a light pink nude... this didn't work for me. It is very moisturizing though. The packaging is horrrrible. As you twistt it up it clicks. It doesn't glide up light most lipsticks. And I can see down the tube that the lipstick is cracked. Keep this lipstick faaar away from the sun.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I needed a good nude lipstick, and this fit the bill. I like how moisturizing these lipsticks are, but I'm a little disappointed by the color payoff. Still not bad for $1 though!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ChloeIsAZombie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do like the E.L.F lipsticks but this one is the exact same shade as my natural lips and the colour didn't change at all when applying. The lipstick broke in half as it does for all the lipsticks in the 1.50 collection if you twist it up more than the smallest amount. It is worth the 1.50/$1 but it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have looked all over for a pink-nude lipstick for my NC42 skintone. I bought this online from ELF's website and am impressed! It's just the colour I was looking for, yay :) Plus it goes on smooth and has a nice creamy texture.
I took off one lippie because it doesn't stay on for very long and the packaging is pretty cheapy... Overall though, great buy. Only $1!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by erinjmt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Slighty pinky nude, suitable for all skin types. Creamy texture, little to no taste or smell. Can be quite matte or slightly shiny. Great for daytime use but can be glossed up for night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nude lipstick. In the tube, this looks like a soft rosy nude, but it shows up much lighter on my lips. I can see this easily washing out a lot of people like a concealer.

For me, I think it would look much better with a colored gloss on top. It does go on feeling creamy and soft. No shimmers. Doesn't feel drying at all, but the formula feels a little bit thin. This isn't a long-lasting lipstick. It seems to fade noticeably after just a few hours.

Packaging isn't bad. I like that there's a strip of clear plastic at the center of the tube so you can easily see what color you're reaching for. However, I don't like that the top of the lipstick doesn't completely retract in the tube -- easy to nick when putting the cap on or taking it off.

For $1, I wasn't expecting something extraordinary, but ELF does have some very nice high-quality products for only a few dollars. I do like the smell of this -- sort of a sweet berry scent. I might try a couple of other colors out, but so far I definitely prefer ELF's $5 Mineral Lipsticks over these.