April 17, 2014 | 1891 users online

Treatments - Redken - Extreme CAT Protein Therapy Treatment (2011 formula with IPN)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have baby fine hair. I use this as a thickener or a root lifter on dry hair. It only take a little but it really adds body. Too much makes my hair flyaway. I wrote an in depth article about it and other products I like at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2011/01/farrah-hair.html

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great.
I'll update later

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by kailee100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm have waist length hair and for years bleached the too half platinum with relatively low damage. I would use Redken Anti Snap on it every three washes or so and this kept the condition very good. Then I went to a hairdresser who put bleach on the length and not just the roots and my once healthy hair turned straw-like. After a month and a half of using the CAT spray my hair finally returned to normal but it was dicey and I was certain my hair would never feel normal again. If your hair has been fried this product can save it. Just be patient, don't use heat to style your hair and try to wash twice a week max with non-sulfate shampoo and conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I always wondered what I could do to stop my hair from breaking off and therefor not growing because of all the foils I have done on a regular bases, and now I've found the answer! Usually when I get my hair foiled, my hair breaks like crazy and its especially noticeable around my face because my fringe area seems to keep getting shorter all on its own! I never have to cut my fringe and I hated that! but now since using this product along with Redken anti snap (also amazing!!) for a few months, my fringe grew out within 2 weeks after getting foils and my fringe cut!! amazing! now I have to go back and get it trimmed again! that has never happened to me before! I leave the cat spray on for an hour or so underneath a showercap and a beanie to warm it up(works better), then rinse it out under the shower head (I dont get back in the shower or anything,dont need to) then I apply a and intense deep conditioning repair treatment for another hour also under the showercap and beanie, then rinse that out, then to towel dried hair I apply some Redken anti snap and WOW my hair is amazingly healthy. Highly recommend these products for people who have trouble growing their hair /keeping it long/ keeping it from snapping and breaking, they both really do what their meant to! My hair has never been better. Or longer! and its terribly bleached! TRY IT! its worth it :)
Packaging is great! Price is ok, not too dear but not cheap either, I still keep on repurchasing because its so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

This product has finally helped me have healthy hair again after years of bleach damage. I have very fine hair that never grew very fast. Growing out my hair has always been a challenge. Before my wedding I grew it for 2 years and it barely grew out past my shoulders. 8 months of using the Cat Spray and my hair has already surpassed the growth it took me 2 years to accomplish before. Granted, I also stopped bleaching my hair. I am sure that helped a great deal as well! But this product has changed the texture and thickness of my hair. I am so happy with it! I used to be able to wrap a small rubberband around my ponytail 3 times. Now I can only wrap it twice. My hair is thickening! Try this product out if you have breakage and damaged hair. It is not an overnight wonder... give it time. It takes time because it REALLY does dramatically change your hair. Love this stuff!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sendmetothemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been bleaching my hair heavily every 2 months for the last 3 and a half years, as well as blow-drying and styling (which i soon quit!) I have a mousy light brown hair and I bleach it to completely white. (30 vol. peroxide for about an hour) About 2 months ago, my hair finally hit its limit.
I tried everything from protein masks (Aphogee, Bumble&Bumble, IceCream, SarynaKey) and oils (Moroccan, Argan, Coconut, even leaving olive oil in my hair to sleep in) and though they all together did help my hair, it still kept snapping and breaking. I could feel clumps of hair sliding down my leg in the shower. I was miserable. I didn't even want to brush my hair anymore. I had completely stopped using any heat and lived in hats to hide my undone hair- and then i found Redken CAT Protein Treatment.

After one use at the salon, my hair felt instantly revived. But I gave it time. For the last month, every time I washed my hair (2 to 3 times a week) for about 4 minutes. I used this after shampooing followed by one of the above deep conditioning treatments as a conditioner and my hair is gorgeous.

My hair retains moisture, now. It doesn't frizz out at the ends. It doesn't snap or break and most importantly, that bone-chilling feeling of clumps of hair running down my legs is gone. For the last week and a half, I haven't noticed any hair fall-out which is amazing considering how much I used to lose. I seriously recommend this to anyone who bleaches their hair or who has seriously damaged hair. I owe my hair's health to it. Sadly, white hair comes with a lot of work.

The only problem I have with this product is it's $22 for the bottle which in total will probably last me another week or so- so it lasts me almost about a month and a half. But now that my hair has gained so much strength.. I can use it once or twice a week instead of 3. The bottle is also super slippery to spray at your head and I've definitely sprayed myself in the eye by accident, AHAHAA but it's worth it, completely.

Please everyone try this product! And to everyone looking for other products to save killed hair, I also completely 100% recommend SarynaKey Keratin Shea Butter Mask which is AMAZING but did not save my hair like the Redken CAT Protein Treatment did.
Thank you Redken! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lulabell7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so thankful I found this product. I have been using it once a week with the extreme shampoo and conditioner and it has made a huge difference. All of the other days I use the all soft shampoo and conditioner so I can't give all of the credit to the extreme line but this combo has been a lifesaver!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Saved my hair. First I used a color remover, then attempted to dye it blonde with a box dye and finally had to get it fixed (very light bleaching). This was all on already damaged hair. After the stylist was done, my hair, while a gorgeous bleach blonde was falling onto the cape like snow. The hair stylist was apologizing profusely insisting that I purchase the Aveda damage reconstructor (which is worthless by the way). I knew I had better products in my arsenal but I humored her anyway. When I got home I used Nexxus Emergencee on it which helped a lot, along with several softening masks to follow. They helped but it wasn't enough once my hair was dry. Went to Ulta and already had this on my mind to purchase. I needed something to spray on the damage once my hair was dry. Purchased this, went home, sprayed on damaged parts and this has already fixed the breakage when my hair is dry as well as nearly eliminated the gummy feeling while it's wet. I'm going to be careful not to go overboard because I know what happens with protein overload. But this has gotten me on the path to nearly healthy hair in a couple of uses, which is a result even I'm amazed with because I know how to use protein treatments. Still, I thought it was going to be at least a few weeks before my hair started feeling better. This is by far the best reconstructor I've ever used. BTW, I use it when my hair is dry and leave it in until next shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by dannixoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has ruined my hair!!
I get my hair done every 6 weeks (half a head of foils)
bought this thinking it would revive by chemically damaged blonde locks.. but it did the opposite it over proteined my think hair and now i am left with alot of breakage and im so upset.. it might be safe to use once a week... but i wont be doing so till my hair has recovered. I do swear by the anti snap though that thing does wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jameyskye

This worked amazing - when it got in my hair correctly. Was extremely hard to apply in the shower/on wet hair. So a lot of product was wasted unfortunately but even if it wasnt waste, its so bloody expensive it isnt worth it.
I can afford it but wont bother because theres not much in the bottle.
i would probably repurchase it though, but it is tested on animals and i am only using cruelty free products from now on.