Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

4.4

Water (aqua), Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, amodimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, isopropyl myristate, parfum, laureth-7, xylose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, arginine, citric acid, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, benzyl benzoate, quaternium-33, limonene, benzyl alcohol, linalool, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol.

on 6/17/2015 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had really burnt ends from straightening and it helped a lot. It's kinda high in price though and I recently found out they test on animals. :/

on 6/2/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Nope. Just dried out my hair, and made et snap more than before I used it.

This is one of those products where you use it and you're like "what, why the heck did I spend $30 bucks to smell sort of like an orange?? What does this do??" But then after a few weeks you're like "hey, my hair seems better! Not as fragile, shinier and good. Whaaaaat!?"

I purchased this product after getting my hair bleached blonde at the hairdresser. It was dyed brown for years and she managed to get it blonde so as you can imagine it was in pretty bad shape. I want my hair to be soft and light and floaty so i was not happy with the new texture. I was terrified that my hair would fall out or snap in two. Let me paint you a picture - when I washed my hair (with the softest most gentle specialized shampoo) it would immediately clump into one giant piece of gum. After a few weeks of using about 5 squirts of Anti-Snap each time I washed my hair (I was it about twice a week) I noticed a huge difference!

Let me be clear, this is not a leave in "conditioner". I use leave in conditioner to comb through my hair and then I put this in to towel dried hair. It actually feels less silky once I put it in because it's a treatment, not an instant conditioner. BUT once you keep persisting you will see results. My hair is the texture as it was when I was a two year old and had baby soft blonde hair (I can only assume). But when people comment on my hair they touch it and go "wow that's so soft!!"

Give this stuff a go and persist for a few weeks or a month. Seriously. My hairdresser bleached over my hair again to make it blonder it was so healthy and now it's like "whatever, do what you want to me" and is as tough as Molly Weasley.

P.s. I don't really like the smell - it smells like the artificial orange scent they mix into chocolate to make Jaffas. And I hate Jaffas. But it's worth it.

on 4/17/2015 4:00:00 PM

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment comes in a sturdy blue pump bottle. It is a cloudy-white, watery serum with a sweet, moderately-heavy scent. My medium-thick, long hair has flyaways and is dry and "broken" from brushing out tangles at the ends. I bought this leave-in product to give my ends more moisture and hopefully heal them and make them stronger.
The product was a bit of a disappointment. It seems to be good for smoothing down hair after shampooing and conditioning but that's it. It doesn't leave a lasting moisturizing effect on the ends of my hair, which felt dry and tangled again after a few hours outside, doesn't "fortify" broken areas like it says on the bottle, and doesn't work that well for detangling. I also don't particularly like the scent of the product. I still have 1/2 of the bottle left because it really didn't provide enough results to continue using it and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/18/2015 2:49:00 PM

Love , love , love this leave in treatment! I haven't had much luck with leave -in treatments because they always seem to leave residue and make my hair flat and dull. My hair absorbs this stuff very quickly and protects against heat damage and split ends. I use this along with the shampoo and conditioner from the Extreme line and have had amazing results.

on 3/3/2015 4:43:00 PM

I just bought this a few weeks ago at Target when I saw it on sale, & I really love it so far. I use it every other time in conjunction with another leave in conditioner, just because of all the protein in it I don't want to give my hair a protein overload. I love how I can use it as a heat protectant before I blow dry my hair too. It has made my hair look so much healthier, & for the size of the bottle you only need a small amount so it lasts a long time. Will definitely keep using :)

on 10/20/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail hair care product for when my hair is badly damaged and is snapping due to bleaching (I'm an impulse hair colour changer haha).
It never lets me down and I have to make sure I always have it stocked in my bathroom vanity. It smells delicious and leaves my hair soft and repaired. LOVE IT

So far I love it. It is wonderful. Texture is perfect. I used it on 80% dry hair and it made my hair feel so much better and it really does feel like it stops breakage. I want to use this for about another month before I can give a thorough review but as of now it is great.

Buy this! ALSO! You can buy sample sizes for 5$ form ulta if you are not ready to commit to the jumbo more expensive bottle :)

on 8/29/2014 10:19:00 AM

I've been bleaching my hair for roughly 3 years now and I've been using this product for over a year or so and it's my go to product straight after wash day for my hair.
I've figured out over the past few years what and how much of something my hair needs and as this product has protein in it, I'll use it once a week or fortnight only, as overuse of this (or any products containing protein) will make your hair brittle and your hair will snap - defeating the purpose of this product in the end, and instead should be using a moisture treatment as your hair will be out of balance (even moisture/protein is key).
A little goes a long way too!
The smell of it is lovely. It reminds me of the Special K Berry cereal - which I love.
The price of it is well worth it considering I bought it over a year ago and still have a little more than half left of it.
The packaging is great. I don't really have much to say about it. Nothing has broken on/off it, so I'm happy with it

on 8/2/2014 4:12:00 AM

LOVE this product! I have bleach damaged very fine hair and this helps so much. After towel drying hair a rub 2-3 pumps through and then blow dry. Hair feels much smoother since I've started using this