August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by zoeD25

LOVE this product! I have bleach damaged very fine hair and this helps so much. After towel drying hair a rub 2-3 pumps through and then blow dry. Hair feels much smoother since I've started using this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by evettesadisutikku

Im so torn with this product. I have extremely fragile platinum blonde hair. I thought this product was helping the first few times of using it. It turnes out it was my paul Mitchell seal and shine that was making all the difference (becauae I didnt use it one day and my hair looked just as bad as it did when I first bleached my hair).

I still use this product because I have already got it here.

I do find it helpful if I style my hair (blowdrying) and then rub some on my hands and use it on my styles hair to pull down and flatten out the flyaways.

When I use that method it looks and feels wonderful. I think this is a good product, you just have to work out how it works for you.

I do not recomend this product for anyone without extreme damage as it WILL make your hair crunchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by neekssupreme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a person who has bleached blonde hair, AND flat irons weekly, I use this product FAITHFULLY in my hair routine. After washing, conditioning and towel drying my hair, I usually divide my hair right down the middle and finger comb a few pumps of the Anti-Snap into each section. It's perfect for detangling. After that, you can continue on with your hair routine which for me is adding heat protectant, blow drying and straightening.

This products very lightweight, and I looove the fresh smell. More importantly it's protein based, which is good for anyone with color treated, especially bleached hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I've been using this product for over a year and I've only used up half of it. So value for money would be the first reason why I like this stuff. It does leave a hole in your pocket initially but it's not so expensive in the long run. I don't use this after every wash as it contains protein and I like to alternate protein with hydration -- this means I use it once or twice per week.

This stuff is very lightweight and it will not weigh even fine hair down. I have very fine hair and I can get away with using as many as four pumps of this on damp hair, although I usually only use two.

Very discreet smell, most of the times I don't really notice it.

But, does it work? I'm not sure. My hair is VERY fine and breaks just by looking at it (I have an underactive thyroid) so obviously I still get quite a lot of breakage. I don't get it cut as often as I should either. But I do know that my ends look much healthier than they did before, and they're quite soft too. I hadn't had soft ends since my childhood so this is a big deal for me. Not sure if this product should be getting all the credit for it (I do condition my hair often) but I'm guessing it has something to do with it. So no, I don't want to go without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite hair product!! I have damaged hair from coloring it, also its fine and thin and this product helps keep it healthy and smooth. I apply it right after the shower, it makes my hair frizz free plus smells great and doesn't make it greasy or oily whatsoever. If I could own just one hair product, this would be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

I use this in conjunction with the Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus masque. Oh my lanta this stuff is excellent. Before using this the ends of my hair would snap off when I brushed it (I could see the little bits that snapped off the ends if I brushed my hair over a sink). I have dyed black hair - it hasn't been through anything too insane I blow dry and flat iron it relatively frequently. But I don't like getting it trimmed often as I am growing it out. I purchased this bad boy and I won't have to get a trim for another month or so. Obviously it doesn't repair split ends, but if you use this even once a week on healthy hair it can be used as a preventative measure against ends snapping off. It smells like blueberries but if you're not in to that the scent does not linger. The only problem I find is when applying it to damp/towel dried hair it doesn't spread easily. It's difficult to tell if you've thoroughly coated your ends with it. Give it a go if your ends are looking sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just finished my frist whole bottle of this. it didn't work miracles immediately because my hair was attrocious - fine, years of highlighting, heaps of breaking. But now my hair is really ultra soft, long and very little breakage. I prefer this to the CAT because you don't have to worry about over proteining. I have been using it after every wash (2-3 days) without a problem. Would highly recommend using this if your hair is in bad condition. (rather than splurging on expensive shampoos and conditioners. I just use Pantene).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Wow, this is an awesome product!!

I got this in the Allure Winter Beauty Box, I finally got around to trying it and have settled on the fact that I will probably keep this in my hair rotation forever, like forEVER EVER.

I have naturally curly, long, dry, colored hair. I use this product as a leave in, putting a dime size amount on wet hair and a bit more on ends as needed. It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling so so soft. I have used all kids of products from drug store to very high high end. This is just a really effective and nice product. It does what it says it does, conditions hair and fights againt snap (?), I will be repurchasing over and over. I am very very pleased with this product.

If you have very thin hair, or really spirally curls that you want to accentuate, I would caution you that this prodcuct does have a bit of weight to it. However for my hair, my curls become soft, smooth, frizz free waves, so I totally don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Gwiglet

Over bleaching your hair trying to get it white or silver? Yes that's me. Hair a mushy snappy mess? Yes again me. This stuff is great, even if you just have bad split ends I find it great. Just don't use too much as hair gets very lank and greasy. Worth the money definately as a little goes a long way! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

I had made the fatal mistake of dying my naturally brunette hair full head bleach blonde, which combined with heat styling caused it to snap off in various places :-( This resulted in me having to dye it back to brown and have approx 2 inches cut off. I was recommended this product by a hairdresser to try and prevent further snapping whilst my the damaged hair slowly grew out.
I have been using the kerastase resistance range to shampoo and condition my hair followed by a 5p sized amount of anti snap before blow drying and straightening. At first this product really seemed to work, my hair appeared stronger and there was definitely less breakage when styling. However I think I had fallen foul of the overuse of protein as after some time my hair appeared to look 'fried' on the ends : sort of crispy and crinkly but no visible splits. I had a good trim and continued to use anti snap, the problem still persisted. So I stopped using anti snap and used a Naked leave in conditioner instead (a brilliant British drug store range!) and suddenly my fried ends had gone completely!
Moral of the story: anti snap is a brilliant product for restoring damaged hair but be careful of overuse.