April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Treatments - Redken - Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

I use this in conjunction with the Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus masque. Oh my lanta this stuff is excellent. Before using this the ends of my hair would snap off when I brushed it (I could see the little bits that snapped off the ends if I brushed my hair over a sink). I have dyed black hair - it hasn't been through anything too insane I blow dry and flat iron it relatively frequently. But I don't like getting it trimmed often as I am growing it out. I purchased this bad boy and I won't have to get a trim for another month or so. Obviously it doesn't repair split ends, but if you use this even once a week on healthy hair it can be used as a preventative measure against ends snapping off. It smells like blueberries but if you're not in to that the scent does not linger. The only problem I find is when applying it to damp/towel dried hair it doesn't spread easily. It's difficult to tell if you've thoroughly coated your ends with it. Give it a go if your ends are looking sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just finished my frist whole bottle of this. it didn't work miracles immediately because my hair was attrocious - fine, years of highlighting, heaps of breaking. But now my hair is really ultra soft, long and very little breakage. I prefer this to the CAT because you don't have to worry about over proteining. I have been using it after every wash (2-3 days) without a problem. Would highly recommend using this if your hair is in bad condition. (rather than splurging on expensive shampoos and conditioners. I just use Pantene).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Wow, this is an awesome product!!

I got this in the Allure Winter Beauty Box, I finally got around to trying it and have settled on the fact that I will probably keep this in my hair rotation forever, like forEVER EVER.

I have naturally curly, long, dry, colored hair. I use this product as a leave in, putting a dime size amount on wet hair and a bit more on ends as needed. It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling so so soft. I have used all kids of products from drug store to very high high end. This is just a really effective and nice product. It does what it says it does, conditions hair and fights againt snap (?), I will be repurchasing over and over. I am very very pleased with this product.

If you have very thin hair, or really spirally curls that you want to accentuate, I would caution you that this prodcuct does have a bit of weight to it. However for my hair, my curls become soft, smooth, frizz free waves, so I totally don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Gwiglet

Over bleaching your hair trying to get it white or silver? Yes that's me. Hair a mushy snappy mess? Yes again me. This stuff is great, even if you just have bad split ends I find it great. Just don't use too much as hair gets very lank and greasy. Worth the money definately as a little goes a long way! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

I had made the fatal mistake of dying my naturally brunette hair full head bleach blonde, which combined with heat styling caused it to snap off in various places :-( This resulted in me having to dye it back to brown and have approx 2 inches cut off. I was recommended this product by a hairdresser to try and prevent further snapping whilst my the damaged hair slowly grew out.
I have been using the kerastase resistance range to shampoo and condition my hair followed by a 5p sized amount of anti snap before blow drying and straightening. At first this product really seemed to work, my hair appeared stronger and there was definitely less breakage when styling. However I think I had fallen foul of the overuse of protein as after some time my hair appeared to look 'fried' on the ends : sort of crispy and crinkly but no visible splits. I had a good trim and continued to use anti snap, the problem still persisted. So I stopped using anti snap and used a Naked leave in conditioner instead (a brilliant British drug store range!) and suddenly my fried ends had gone completely!
Moral of the story: anti snap is a brilliant product for restoring damaged hair but be careful of overuse.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by PassionateAboutSkincare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have fine limp hair that is now bleached out so it's pretty damaged at the moment. This product is light enough that it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy and helps with breakage, smells nice and keeps it soft. I find if I don't blow dry it after I apply it can make my hair crunchy in some spots. I have used this product for about 10 years now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I used the old version for years when I was younger and then moved on to other protein treatments for my hair. I decided to try the new formulation to see how my hair would like it. It has a good smell that is sort of powdery and fruity and I only need a teaspoon amount of it to apply to my hair. It leaves it shiny and soft. I have highlights that I am currently growing out and overall my hair is pretty healthy, but I still need something to keep breakage to a minimum. This suits my needs and it isn't too heavy. It keeps my curls intact and is a nice treat to use a couple of times a week (I like to balance my use with moisturizing products). I would repurchase and would also recommend getting the travel size if you want to try it out first.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by FLYONA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has saved my hair! I use heat on my hair everyday (hangs head in shame) Up until 2 years ago my hair was in terrible condition to say the least and it did not grow! This has changed my life and I now have the long hair I always dreamed about. My hairdresser advises me not to use this every time I wash my hair as it is a protein, however, I usually do! I use 1 pump on damp hair and follow it with a heat protector. I definitely notice the difference when I don't use it. I will never be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is bleached blonde and was getting very dry and coarse. I heard great reviews on this product so I thought I'd give it a try. This is a FANTASTIC product!! If I use my Kerastase masque then apply this before blow drying, my hair feels so soft & looks very healthy. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has weak, dry & coarse hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have lightened hair with some damaged ends, and i find this really helps with that. My air is easier to manage and smoother after straightening when i apply this to damp/towel dried hair.
It is a lot more runny than i thought but this helps it spread throughout the hair easier. I will repurchase.