Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

4.4

Water (aqua), Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, amodimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, isopropyl myristate, parfum, laureth-7, xylose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, arginine, citric acid, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, benzyl benzoate, quaternium-33, limonene, benzyl alcohol, linalool, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol.

on 4/17/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment comes in a sturdy blue pump bottle. It is a cloudy-white, watery serum with a sweet, moderately-heavy scent. My medium-thick, long hair has flyaways and is dry and "broken" from brushing out tangles at the ends. I bought this leave-in product to give my ends more moisture and hopefully heal them and make them stronger.
The product was a bit of a disappointment. It seems to be good for smoothing down hair after shampooing and conditioning but that's it. It doesn't leave a lasting moisturizing effect on the ends of my hair, which felt dry and tangled again after a few hours outside, doesn't "fortify" broken areas like it says on the bottle, and doesn't work that well for detangling. I also don't particularly like the scent of the product. I still have 1/2 of the bottle left because it really didn't provide enough results to continue using it and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/18/2015 2:49:00 PM

Love , love , love this leave in treatment! I haven't had much luck with leave -in treatments because they always seem to leave residue and make my hair flat and dull. My hair absorbs this stuff very quickly and protects against heat damage and split ends. I use this along with the shampoo and conditioner from the Extreme line and have had amazing results.

on 3/3/2015 4:43:00 PM

I just bought this a few weeks ago at Target when I saw it on sale, & I really love it so far. I use it every other time in conjunction with another leave in conditioner, just because of all the protein in it I don't want to give my hair a protein overload. I love how I can use it as a heat protectant before I blow dry my hair too. It has made my hair look so much healthier, & for the size of the bottle you only need a small amount so it lasts a long time. Will definitely keep using :)

on 10/20/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail hair care product for when my hair is badly damaged and is snapping due to bleaching (I'm an impulse hair colour changer haha).
It never lets me down and I have to make sure I always have it stocked in my bathroom vanity. It smells delicious and leaves my hair soft and repaired. LOVE IT

So far I love it. It is wonderful. Texture is perfect. I used it on 80% dry hair and it made my hair feel so much better and it really does feel like it stops breakage. I want to use this for about another month before I can give a thorough review but as of now it is great.

Buy this! ALSO! You can buy sample sizes for 5$ form ulta if you are not ready to commit to the jumbo more expensive bottle :)

on 8/29/2014 10:19:00 AM

I've been bleaching my hair for roughly 3 years now and I've been using this product for over a year or so and it's my go to product straight after wash day for my hair.
I've figured out over the past few years what and how much of something my hair needs and as this product has protein in it, I'll use it once a week or fortnight only, as overuse of this (or any products containing protein) will make your hair brittle and your hair will snap - defeating the purpose of this product in the end, and instead should be using a moisture treatment as your hair will be out of balance (even moisture/protein is key).
A little goes a long way too!
The smell of it is lovely. It reminds me of the Special K Berry cereal - which I love.
The price of it is well worth it considering I bought it over a year ago and still have a little more than half left of it.
The packaging is great. I don't really have much to say about it. Nothing has broken on/off it, so I'm happy with it

on 8/2/2014 4:12:00 AM

LOVE this product! I have bleach damaged very fine hair and this helps so much. After towel drying hair a rub 2-3 pumps through and then blow dry. Hair feels much smoother since I've started using this

Im so torn with this product. I have extremely fragile platinum blonde hair. I thought this product was helping the first few times of using it. It turnes out it was my paul Mitchell seal and shine that was making all the difference (becauae I didnt use it one day and my hair looked just as bad as it did when I first bleached my hair).

I still use this product because I have already got it here.

I do find it helpful if I style my hair (blowdrying) and then rub some on my hands and use it on my styles hair to pull down and flatten out the flyaways.

When I use that method it looks and feels wonderful. I think this is a good product, you just have to work out how it works for you.

I do not recomend this product for anyone without extreme damage as it WILL make your hair crunchy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For a person who has bleached blonde hair, AND flat irons weekly, I use this product FAITHFULLY in my hair routine. After washing, conditioning and towel drying my hair, I usually divide my hair right down the middle and finger comb a few pumps of the Anti-Snap into each section. It's perfect for detangling. After that, you can continue on with your hair routine which for me is adding heat protectant, blow drying and straightening.

This products very lightweight, and I looove the fresh smell. More importantly it's protein based, which is good for anyone with color treated, especially bleached hair.

on 5/23/2014 4:58:00 PM

I've been using this product for over a year and I've only used up half of it. So value for money would be the first reason why I like this stuff. It does leave a hole in your pocket initially but it's not so expensive in the long run. I don't use this after every wash as it contains protein and I like to alternate protein with hydration -- this means I use it once or twice per week.

This stuff is very lightweight and it will not weigh even fine hair down. I have very fine hair and I can get away with using as many as four pumps of this on damp hair, although I usually only use two.

Very discreet smell, most of the times I don't really notice it.

But, does it work? I'm not sure. My hair is VERY fine and breaks just by looking at it (I have an underactive thyroid) so obviously I still get quite a lot of breakage. I don't get it cut as often as I should either. But I do know that my ends look much healthier than they did before, and they're quite soft too. I hadn't had soft ends since my childhood so this is a big deal for me. Not sure if this product should be getting all the credit for it (I do condition my hair often) but I'm guessing it has something to do with it. So no, I don't want to go without this!