April 21, 2014 | 1036 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by cherry13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although having experienced very mixed results with Redken products, and therefore having no high expectations, I decided to try this anyway because of the reviews.

My hair is dyed and pretty frizzy - and it just gets worse when exposed to humid conditions. After shampooing, conditioning and blowdrying, my hair was still frizzy. However, after straightening my hair (like I normally do - no hair spray), I went out in semi-rainy weather - and my hair stay put. It was amazing! My hair normally frizz up right away.
That being said, my hair still frizzes up when the weather is very humid, but I suppose that's fairly normal.

My hair also feels very soft and hydrated and more "bouncy", perhaps stronger, after using this even though I have only used it a handful of times.
Another plus is the great smell which kind of reminds me of a sweet grape-like smell.
For the results, I consider the price fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Aliceburge88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has saved my hair! I'm naturally a brunette but I love getting some blonde in my hair. Usually my hair doesn't tolerate it however since using this product my hair has been heaps healthier

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo!! It dosen't dry out my hair eventhough it's with protein and it smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I got this in the liter size at Ulta since they were having a sale. It cleans very well and leaves my hair very shiny and healthy looking. It has the same light fruity smell I remember it having a long time ago and it gives a good protein boost without drying out my hair. It is not too heavy and doesn't irritate my scalp. I have yet to try the matching conditioner, but I love Anti-Snap so I'm glad I picked this up. It is not meant to be moisturizing,so you will have to follow up with a conditioner. I would also not use this daily unless you really need it and plan to rotate with protein-free products. I use this every three or four days and let it sit in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing and it has been working out well for my hair. I get less fall-out in the shower so I know this is really helping to strengthen my hair. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by lkmusgrave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this shampoo!! Recently I've tried a few different shampoo's but I'm sticking with this one, it really worked for me. After just a few washes my hair truely transformed from dull, heavy, dry and lifeless to radiant, healthy and glossy. New HG!!

It does make my wet hair a bit knotty after washing but thats how I know its really cleaned my hair, I use Paul Mitchell Strength Conditioner and they work well together.

I'm also prone to dandruff and irritated scalp, Redken extreme has not caused any irritation or flakiness so gets a big thumbs up from me :)

I bought 300ml bottle for AU $19.95 at my local pharmacy which is a pretty good price in Oz and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by UnVraiAnge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,Bain de terre etc.
So basically every salon brand.

This one of the first shampoos, that I really enjoyed and felt the difference!After washing my hair twice, it became very clean, without being dry. My hair was a little bit "harder" for the touch, not silky smooth, but because it's a protein shampoo, this is absolutely normal. Only after one use, I can tell the difference, that my hair looks so much healthier and stronger!
I'm super duper happy and will come back for an update!
(Using together with the mask and anti snap)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

My hair was chemically damaged by a coloring incident and I needed major help I was washing it and pieces we snapping off. I closed ties with the hairdresser that damaged my hair and went to a place with really good reviews, which was a Redken salon. The stylist recommended a deep conditioning and to use the extreme line faithfully. Shampoo, Fortifying Conditioning Treatment, and Anti- Snap, and rotate All Soft treatment every three washes . I've been using all for the past six weeks.

So I'm reviewing the entire line more of a whole, because the Redken website says to use the system as well. When I shampooed my hair was falling out. After about three uses the breakage during washing and combing became very controlled and returned to how it was prior to the coloring incident.

The breakage during styling seemed the same as before I started the system, I noticed minimal change. The breakage during combing when dry also had a minimal change.

Now it seems like this product has helped but it hasn't rescued my hair so to say. I can say is that I would absolutely buy again because the healthy part of my hair (everything but the last three inches) are the healthiest they've been my entire life, super smooth and shiny. Great product if you have minimally damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love the "extreme" line from Redken. I have very long, very fine hair but I have a ton of it! My hair was/ is damaged on the ends from multiple colors and some heat styling. I'm not willing to sacrifice all of my length but this shampoo certainly helps mask some of the damage. My hair is significantly softer and shinier. I would definitely buy this shampoo again. One word of advice: use a clarifying shampoo every once in awhile while using this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MellyMell206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love this shampoo. I've been using it for about two years now. It Def has made my hair much healthier and much stronger. love the smell of it ans leaves my hair very soft. I will never stop using this shampoo. I do have thin hair and I color it about every 2 week's but using this shampoo and conditioner out would.never he able to tell. I now have all my friends hooked on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

I picked up the big size at Ulta this week being on sale. From reviews here I decided to try this Extreme Shampoo. I usually am happy with Redken products. This is no exception. The smell is wonderful, not overbearing. I have shoulder length highlighted wavy hair. It gives my hair manageability. I only wash my hair twice a week and use conditioner in between. So far so good with this shampoo and conditioner. Should last me quite awhile with liter sizes.