Redken Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

4.4

water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, dimethicone, fragrance, cocamide MIPA, sodium benzoate, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-33, benzyl benzoate, limonene, arginine, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, linalool, benzyl alcohol, methyl cocoate, sodium cocoate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, PG-propyl silanetriol, sodium hydroxide, citric acid (NEW FORMULE IPN)

on 3/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Holy grail product for my highlighted, naturally curly but often straightened hair! Lathers well, smells good and a good dose of protein. I use this with the matching conditioner and anti-snap leave in at least once a week and the results have been amazing. Highly recommend this product for anyone who colors and heat styles their hair

on 3/12/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the trial size of the shampoo and conditioner at ulta last week. The hair stylist actually recommended it.. so I tried it. The first day I used it worked well. Second time I used it Ieft my hair straw like and tangled. Decided to use it one more time and the same thing happened. I'm so glad I didn't buy the big bottles.. sadly I'm still looking for a shampoo that will work on my thick frizzy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've bought and loved many high end shampoos and conditioners in my life, but I've never felt as if I just had to buy them again, or my hair would suffer. This is HG status, worth every penny stuff. It has completely saved my hair from breakage, and made it so strong. I strongly recommend this to anyone with lots of hair fall out due to chemicals. My hair does not shed very much with this, and it's grown twice as long. I love this stuff. I just hope it will continue to work for me. I think I'll start rotating it and not use it everyday, but it truly has been like a miracle for me!

on 2/8/2015 12:52:00 PM

This is my HG line for protein treatments. I dye my hair blonde so it gets dry and damaged if I dont regularly use protein on it and this is perfect. Ill use this shampoo with the extreme hair mask (squeeze tube one) and my hair will be so soft and silky after it dries. Love it so much! And it smells super good!!

Pros
-soft hair
-silky feel
-proteins
-hydrates

cons
(none)

on 1/24/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews, some with claiming this as their HG, some as "not worth the money", I decided to buy it, along with the conditioner and the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap, to conclude it myself.

Hair history: Oh man where to start. I'm constantly in a vicious cycle of bleaching the shit out of my hair, complaining on how dead and gummy it is, chopping a couple of inches off, growing it out, seeing a hair colour/style i like (that, of course, requires bleach) and repeat. I've done this twice in the past 5 months.
Before using this, my end were gummy as hell when wet and brittle/frizzy when dry. At the time (which was literally yesterday), I was using all kinds of oils/treatments on my hair, the amount of money I've spent was unreal.
Finally my package came in, shampoo 10.5 oz and conditioner 8.5 oz both 12.99 each and the anti snap for 24.99 (ouch). I've read some reviews that it has a candy smell, maybe the new formula change that. It's not a horrible smell, it's a nice smell but isn't obsessive.
I left the shampoo on for 1 min, conditioner for 3 min approx. Washing it out, my hair felt really silky, but then again, a lot of conditioners feel good when rinsing out but then have no effect when your hair dries. However, when my hair was damp/drying my ends felt not crunchy, but slightly hard (I've read this is normal for protein treatments?) but when it was completely dry, HOOOOOO. Extremely soft and manageable. I haven't been able to stop running my hands through my hair. My hair hasn't felt like this in years.
This is my review after using it ONCE, I hope using it two times a week won't be to harsh.
I highly recommend this to all the gummy hairs.

on 11/20/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hot roll my hair almost everyday. When my hair starts to look dry, I will use this shampoo and conditioner. It will bring life back to my hair. But don't use it too much or your hair will be too soft. So I switch between this shampoo and the voluminous shampoo. I occasionally will use the matching conditioner, but most of the time, I just use the body full conditioner. You can get this on sale about twice a year at Ulta in the liter size. So keep your eyes open for a sale otherwise I think this is too expensive.

on 11/6/2014 3:31:00 AM

This whole range did wonders to strengthen my my bleached, sad hair. I would definitely recommend this over the green Kerastase range.
However this is suitable for protein-deprived hair only - do not use on normal hair as it will have the opposite effect, making hair brittle and prone to breakage. And even for bleach-blondes, it's not advised to be used non-stop for more than 2 months, make sure to swap it with a deep-conditioning range from time to time. It really will make a difference.

on 8/14/2014 4:54:00 PM

I really liked it at first, smells really nice, lathers good and does what it says. But after using it for one month while rotating it with two other shampoos (both I've used for years) it made me lose my hair double the amount I normally lose. I stopped using it and am trying to get my hair back the way it was before using this shampoo.

on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 AM

This shampoo is brilliant, hair feels a lot healthier since using it. I use the whole Redken Extreme line and my bleach damaged hair is feeling smoother and there's a significant reduction in breakage

on 5/26/2014 10:38:00 PM

This shampoo smells nice and lathers well, and is great if you need protein.... but caution if you don't! I stopped using this because after a while it started to make my hair feel very brittle. This is a shampoo that you're supposed to use every now and then as a treatment. Not for every wash!

Popular Shampoos