January 29, 2015 | 1938 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Extreme Shampoo (new formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by christinasu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews, some with claiming this as their HG, some as "not worth the money", I decided to buy it, along with the conditioner and the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap, to conclude it myself.

Hair history: Oh man where to start. I'm constantly in a vicious cycle of bleaching the shit out of my hair, complaining on how dead and gummy it is, chopping a couple of inches off, growing it out, seeing a hair colour/style i like (that, of course, requires bleach) and repeat. I've done this twice in the past 5 months.
Before using this, my end were gummy as hell when wet and brittle/frizzy when dry. At the time (which was literally yesterday), I was using all kinds of oils/treatments on my hair, the amount of money I've spent was unreal.
Finally my package came in, shampoo 10.5 oz and conditioner 8.5 oz both 12.99 each and the anti snap for 24.99 (ouch). I've read some reviews that it has a candy smell, maybe the new formula change that. It's not a horrible smell, it's a nice smell but isn't obsessive.
I left the shampoo on for 1 min, conditioner for 3 min approx. Washing it out, my hair felt really silky, but then again, a lot of conditioners feel good when rinsing out but then have no effect when your hair dries. However, when my hair was damp/drying my ends felt not crunchy, but slightly hard (I've read this is normal for protein treatments?) but when it was completely dry, HOOOOOO. Extremely soft and manageable. I haven't been able to stop running my hands through my hair. My hair hasn't felt like this in years.
This is my review after using it ONCE, I hope using it two times a week won't be to harsh.
I highly recommend this to all the gummy hairs.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by geekymakeup

I hot roll my hair almost everyday. When my hair starts to look dry, I will use this shampoo and conditioner. It will bring life back to my hair. But don't use it too much or your hair will be too soft. So I switch between this shampoo and the voluminous shampoo. I occasionally will use the matching conditioner, but most of the time, I just use the body full conditioner. You can get this on sale about twice a year at Ulta in the liter size. So keep your eyes open for a sale otherwise I think this is too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This whole range did wonders to strengthen my my bleached, sad hair. I would definitely recommend this over the green Kerastase range.
However this is suitable for protein-deprived hair only - do not use on normal hair as it will have the opposite effect, making hair brittle and prone to breakage. And even for bleach-blondes, it's not advised to be used non-stop for more than 2 months, make sure to swap it with a deep-conditioning range from time to time. It really will make a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Veertje

I really liked it at first, smells really nice, lathers good and does what it says. But after using it for one month while rotating it with two other shampoos (both I've used for years) it made me lose my hair double the amount I normally lose. I stopped using it and am trying to get my hair back the way it was before using this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by zoeD25

This shampoo is brilliant, hair feels a lot healthier since using it. I use the whole Redken Extreme line and my bleach damaged hair is feeling smoother and there's a significant reduction in breakage

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo smells nice and lathers well, and is great if you need protein.... but caution if you don't! I stopped using this because after a while it started to make my hair feel very brittle. This is a shampoo that you're supposed to use every now and then as a treatment. Not for every wash!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by cherry13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although having experienced very mixed results with Redken products, and therefore having no high expectations, I decided to try this anyway because of the reviews.

My hair is dyed and pretty frizzy - and it just gets worse when exposed to humid conditions. After shampooing, conditioning and blowdrying, my hair was still frizzy. However, after straightening my hair (like I normally do - no hair spray), I went out in semi-rainy weather - and my hair stay put. It was amazing! My hair normally frizz up right away.
That being said, my hair still frizzes up when the weather is very humid, but I suppose that's fairly normal.

My hair also feels very soft and hydrated and more "bouncy", perhaps stronger, after using this even though I have only used it a handful of times.
Another plus is the great smell which kind of reminds me of a sweet grape-like smell.
For the results, I consider the price fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Aliceburge88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has saved my hair! I'm naturally a brunette but I love getting some blonde in my hair. Usually my hair doesn't tolerate it however since using this product my hair has been heaps healthier

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this shampoo!! It dosen't dry out my hair eventhough it's with protein and it smells great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the liter size at Ulta since they were having a sale. It cleans very well and leaves my hair very shiny and healthy looking. It has the same light fruity smell I remember it having a long time ago and it gives a good protein boost without drying out my hair. It is not too heavy and doesn't irritate my scalp. I have yet to try the matching conditioner, but I love Anti-Snap so I'm glad I picked this up. It is not meant to be moisturizing,so you will have to follow up with a conditioner. I would also not use this daily unless you really need it and plan to rotate with protein-free products. I use this every three or four days and let it sit in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing and it has been working out well for my hair. I get less fall-out in the shower so I know this is really helping to strengthen my hair. I would buy again.