September 19, 2014 | 1973 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Small Duo Fibre Multipurpose Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great brush to use with the Sonia Kashuk Perfection Foundation. ItThe foundation is quite heavy and does not blend far. They say the brush is meant to provide the sheerest application of foundation and it does. As the foundation is thick, I just pump a drop onto the brush (or on the back of my hand first) and then dab it lightly over a small area, stippling it almost. This works well for this foundation. I have not tired it on other foundations yet. I have tried my CVS foundation brush with this foundation for a heavier application and that worked too, but this is better. Although it is quite pigmented and thick foundation, less is more. The brush is helpful in achieving the proper application. It is a moisturizing, luminous foundation with yellow undertones. It won't cover everything but gives a very natural, slightly dewy, flattering look. You could go heavier, but it might look too oily or the color might be off as there only a few shades to choose from. I am very happy with the brush and the foundation.

Update: falls apart and sheds

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rosewithorns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I find this a very useful brush, but its downside is that it sheds like crazy, starting from the moment I began using it. This doesn't seem to be a major problem for most other reviewers, so perhaps I just got unlucky with my particular brush. Anyway, I use this to apply my ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder to get a sheer, natural, airbrushed glow and it works beautifully for that purpose. I also use it for highlighting.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

Overall, this is a very good brush. I originally bought it because my local Target was sold out of the highlighting brush. This looks the same, but about half the size. I originally used it for applying highlighter to my cheekbones, which it did a very good job at. I have since tried using it to stipple my foundation. While it did a good job, I find that has started shedding more and more. I would definitely repurchase as a highlighting brush, but I am still on the fence about using it to apply foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a wonderful, cheaper alternative to the mac 130 brush. no shedding, very soft, and applies foundation evenly and smoothly. a very good investment!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got this in a swap and love it. I like that, unlike a lot of stipple brushes I've used, this is somewhat firm. Flimsy stipple brushes, to me, are quite pointless. This one is too small for foundation etc... but for the reason I wanted it, for blush and highlighting, it's perfect. I have had minimal shedding so far. Product is well made. Bristles are soft, yet somewhat stiff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by hyemimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too small for applying BB cream and foundation. I do like it for cream blush. Fine with my Nars powder blush though I prefer the larger SK duo fibre multipurpose brush, which also seems softer, for that purpose. Can't beat the price. Worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This little brush is wonderful for lightly distributing pigment on smaller areas. I use this with my bronzers that are too dark (im pratty fair) when I am contouring and it does a good job of it and with my highlighters when I want to be more precise. I have not tried it with liquid foundation so I cant comment on that. The brush head is about the size of a nickel. It shed a little at first but nothing major. Overall I like SK's brushes with the exception of their travel brush kits. Although I wouldnt call it a must have brush it def is nice to have. I would reccomend if you use highly pigmented blushes and bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

This is a very useful brush! It makes my foundation so even and air brushed! My only complaint is that its a tad small..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a stippling brush for my cream blush. I use it lightly to pick up just enough pigment to add color to my cheeks. It's soft enough to not irritate me when I'm stippling. It's also very easy to clean, and the white tips let me know when I've cleaned it enough. Haven't tried it for anything else, but from the way it evenly adds color, I bet it could give you anywhere between light to medium coverage. Give it a go and have some fun finding great uses for it! It's 20% off at Target right now too! :) (I think it's about $7.99 regular price).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this one up at Target instead of the synthetic flat top brush because I wanted to save a few bucks. I wish I got that one instead because of the rave reviews.

I'll start by saying I use this for foundation and it is the only foundation brush I have used. It definitely blends better than the sponge I had been using, but the finish isn't amazing and it can take awhile to fully blend. I also feel like I have to use a lot of product compared to people saying they didn't need much with other brushes, but that could just be me.

On the positives though, it's really cheap for a makeup brush (I think it cost me like $11 or so). It's pretty good quality; I've only had a couple bristles shed after using it quite a few times, it's easy to wash, soft but not flimsy, etc.

Overall it's not a bad brush and I will keep using it until I get something better, but if I had to go back I'd spend the extra few dollars to get the other brush from her line everyone loves.