September 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by RH4566

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I wanted something fair enough for my skin, with a really light consistency and that would agree with my dry skin, and this ticks all the boxes! It even smells great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this foundation for I have heard nothing but good things about this. It IS a wonderful foundation! BUT I am so yellow+tan that it is hard to find anything to match my Asian mixed skin. And this is supposed to be one of the few brands that actually has good options for yellow undertones. I guess Im too yellow. In MAC I am NC40-42, I bought the Bourjouis foundation in 56LightBronze. 57(darkbronze) would be a good shade for summer. I truly blame the lighting in the store, it was yellowish lightening and the foundation matched seamlessly on my skin. So for 26Swiss Francs I bought it, went home, applied it, went outside on my balcony to see my face in a hideous pink cast. Even my boyfriend commented on my "off" face.

Ok, not good shades/coloring for super yellow people, rant aside. Now good things! because this is nearly perfect.This applies, blends and covers like a high end foudnation. If you put this in a Chanel bottle, I would believe it and throw out my cash for this. Medium-full coverage(minimal amount needed), Did not accentuate pores, so smooth and creamy, not drying(yay!), natural finish(not matte and not dewy). I cant say too much about the wear time because I didnt wear this for too long but on the bottle it says "16 hour radiance". There is no SPF, which is a good thing for me, I will put on my own SPF thank you very much.

I wish I didnt shell out 26CHF for this, in my country all the prices are jacked up to a ridiculous amount. Go to Germany, France, UK, any other country(or online) not Switzerland to find this at a normal price.

This is a super foundation and for a drugstore brand! I love the performance, just not that shades. I wish it worked out for me! This is worth the hype. Check it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the shade 'light beige' 53. It has a warm/yellow undertone and it's perfect for me when I have a summer tan. I'm normally a NC20 in MAC, so in the winter this shade will definitely be too dark for me. This foundation looks extremely natural. It's probably the most natural looking foundation I've ever tried. It doesn't set to a matte finish, and yet it's not super dewy either. It just looks and feels like your natural skin. One problem I have with this foundation is that it won't last very long on the more oily areas of my face, and even in areas that aren't super oily the staying power is not great. That being said, I always set this with a translucent powder (I use nyx's HD loose setting powder), and that improves the wear time. The coverage is light-medium, though I always build it up to medium and it NEVER looks cakey. You'll definitely need a concealer though if you have broken capillaries, hyper pigmentation etc. that you want to cover. I'm not a fan of perfume in foundations, but this has not irritated my skin. While I really like this foundation, I probably won't repurchase because it contains alcohol as an ingredient. Also, the shade range is very limited.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Liquid Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation for 2 years. Last year, I purchased #52 Vanilla and was very happy with the product. Great coverage, love the pump, easy to travel with, solid color, and fresh scent. This year I purchased #53 light beige for the summer. Same comments above and loved that it gave me a slightly darker tanned color. I also added a bronzer and it was perfect. I'm trying a new product but I think I will go back to this product because it gave me better coverage. Thanks for reading!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jndv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMHO, the serum + foundation is better. this one applies smoothly but you need more product if you want a better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by rougerosette

The only reason I said I would not repurchase is because I got pustules or a blemish somewhere after I used the product! :-(

This product glides on beautifully, and for me, its shade, 52 (Vanilla) is perfect for my skin, so when applied, it's like a "second skin". The drawback is, unfortunately, if you don't use powder, your face will become quite oily after just a few hours so you either wash your face and reapply or use oil blotting papers.

I really wish I wasn't allergic to it. I got it as a gift from my close friend because 52 is a shade darker than her skin color, but sadly my skin is incompatible, probably with one of the ingredients inside it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by JenKaboom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So i just purchased this foundation yesterday and wore it for the first time today. So far so good! I really like the coverage, and the building abilities of it. I use my karma brush from urban decay to apply all of my foundations, and i found that it works perfect for the consistency of this product. My foundation stayed put all day, and i'm excited to continue wearing this product to get my over all feel of it. But as of now, i think i made a good purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by mercurywen

Surprisingly good.

I have read all the good reviews about this foundation, and Boots is currently doing a 3for2 offer, so grab three little things from Bourjois (radiance reveal healthy mix, health mix serum gel, and a tan/highlighter), which all do not disappoint me.

The serum version and radiance reveal are definitely different. What I expected from them was a better coverage from radiance reveal, and a 'glow look' from the serum version. I would say so far I prefer the serum version. I have always use high end brand foundation, Guerlain, Shiseido, Armani, YSL, etc, I wouldn't say this serum foundation is better, but definitely not worse. It is a bit unfair to compare Bourjois foundation to the high end brands, however, this is what I am going to do here...I have used YSL liberator foundation, which indeed left a more amazing glow on the face, but that effect only lasted for one or two hours. However, with this bourjois serum foundation, at least it didn't go dull after 5-6 hours. It leaves a more nature and smoother texture on the face, and the skin looks healthy compared to the radiance reveal foundation.

Regarding to the coverage, the radiance reveal one offers a more full coverage than the serum one. However, the serum one comes with a median coverage which is really good enough for me (I have problem skin with acne scars etc); and the radiance reveal version is actually too much, I even use it as a concealer for my undereye dark circles and places on my face where I need better coverage....I used to use Guerlain invisible before these two foundation, I would say Guerlain invisible is really invisible, if the serum foundation claims itself with 'only little coverage'...

The only thing is, you have to do a good moisturizing job before putting on any of these two foundation. The serum version is more moisturizing than the radiance reveal one, however, they could become cakey if the skin is not in a good condition.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ronjajessica

I have been intrigued about Bourjois products for a very long time. Unfortunately we don't have this particular brand in Finland, but when we visited London, I did go little crazy and bought very many products. Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation was the #1 on my list.

This foundation promises very nice things if you think about it! It promises to give a healthy radiance to your skin, instant anti-fatigue result, coverage that hides imperfections and also it promises to be a very caring towards your skin because of this fruit-vitamin formula. It sounds amazing, right?

So the facts first. This foundation comes in 6 shades (according the Boots website). I cannot say about universal tones of the shades, but the shade I got was nicely yellow toned (52 Vanille is my shade). It supposed to have fresh and instant blending texture, give a very natural finish, give your sking a radince-boost and also it does have this fruit therapy formula (contains litchi, goji berries and pomegranates).
Packaging is a nice plastic bottle with pump. I personally prefer plastic bottles, because it is light and save to travel with. Some may not like this packaging, but it's due to personal preference.

And then to the product itself. Foundation itself is very light in consistency but also very creamy. It does feel very nice on the skin, not heavy or uncomfortable at all. It does blend beautifully with any prefered application method: sponge, fingers or brush.
Coverage is light to medium. It evens out your skintone but also covers any "bigger" imperfections. I do like to layer my foundations and this does layer beautifully. I can cover any ance with this or my very visible acne-scars.
I like the finish of this foundation very much. It is dewy, but not shimmery. It really gives a nice, healthy look to the skin which I really like. I don't really know about the anti-fatigue thing tho, but I'm sure that this foundation does that too.
Staying power is OK. On my combo skin this does stay almost 7 hours but with primer and powder. So I would say that this could stay better on normal or even dry skin, but also us with combo or ever oily skin CAN make this foundation work.
Also this doesn't break me out, which is important. My skin is very sensitive and there is so many products out there that do break me out - unfortunately.
ONE THING THO! This foundation does have a strong fruity scent to it, which is very pleasent, but some people doesn't like having scents in their products or are sensitive to scents, so I think that is a one thing to consider with this product.

So I do really like this foundation. It does look nice on my skin, it does cover what I need covered, it is easy to apply and so on! I would recommend everyone to try this foundation, I think you may really love it if you give it a go!

Then pros and cons:

PROS
+ Medium, buidable coverage
+ Nice, healthy look on the skin
+ Good staying power
+ Easy to apply
+ I like the scent
+ Price is very low
+ High-end feel

CONS
- Scent can be irritating to some of us
- Availability is poor

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but it's not quite perfect for me. The coverage is sheer-light, so I can only use it when I'm having a great skin day with no rosacean flares or acne. It does even out my skintone a bit and has a dewy finish (too dewy for my liking) that can matted out easily with a light dusting of powder. It's very easy to work with - gives me time to distribute before it sets. I apply with my UD Optical Blurring brush for a natural finish, then I go back with my ELDW concealer for any spots/red areas. I'm using shade #51 and it's close to my NC15 warm-undertoned pale skin, though it's slightly too orangey/peachy so it definitely looks like I'm wearing makeup when I have this on. It's slightly too dark for me now (it's summer) so I won't be able to wear it in the dead of winter when I'm NC10. This hasn't caused any breakouts or rosacea so that is a huge plus since I ten to have very sensitive/reactive skin. I love the airless pump dispenser - very hygienic. Thumbs up for this drugstore product which beats out many HE foundations for me.