October 24, 2014 | 1503 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

this is my go to day to day foundation. gorgeous even application, great light to medium coverage and such a nice feeling on the skin.

I apply this using a Real Techniques expert face brush or a Real Techniques miracle sponge.

It is amazing on my dry skin. I am rating this as a 4 because although I love it, without powdering it does give me a slight shiny nose, although if you're somebody that usually powders anyway this wouldn't be a problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After a severe reaction to YSL touche eclat, i had to go on prescription grade Elidel to cure the red bumps and eczema. After two days of prescription, i still don't dare to use any cover ups, including coverfx, nars, stila, chanel etc etc

I turned to this old foundation deep in my drawer, and it worked!!!!!!!!! i could still look great to go to work with a thin layer, no reaction whatsoever and come home to wash it off and put on prescription cream.

Saved my life

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The regualr Healthy Mix was so good, I panicked when I heard they were re-formatting. They also had this version out so I decided to pick up a bottle just in case I hated the new formula. I got my regular 53 from HM. Good color match. The finish is very light and on the sheer side. A very good everyday foundation that is light and has a clean finish. There is very slight color transfer, like if I blow my nose on a tissue, but it does not affect the finish on my face, which is great. Another great foundation by Bourjois!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bananauyu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my go-to foundation for quite a while. Bourjois actually has pretty decent stuff and I think their prices are considered mid-end. It's no wonder that they have such great quality as they are a sister company to Chanel. My foundation shade was in 52 and I am around an NC20-25, closer to 25 though. The great thing about this foundation is that it's yellow-toned, yellow-toned foundation tends to give the skin a more healthy sheen thus the name really does what it claims to do. It blends effortlessly on the skin and it comes out as a gel first but as you spread it it becomes into a creamy texture that is just heavenly.
I don't think it dries to a powder finish though, this foundation was geared more to the normal-dry skin range but even though I have combination skin, it doesn't make any of my oily parts oilier and doesn't cling to dry patches either. Overall, this is a fantastic product. The coverage is medium but can be built to medium-full.
I recommend this product to anybody because it really makes your skin look wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by nanaad

My all-time favorit foundation! living in a country when the majority of people are yellow and olive, having a fair skin (tend to be pale) is considered cool but actually painful because it's really hard to find a foundation that matches my skin tone. The choice is limited to whether the expensive high-end products or drugstrore ones but with a strange tone. But Bourjois healthy mix serum matches my skin tone perfectly, and it gives a really healthy yet natural tone (I use the lightest shade no. 51). It's sheer enough for daily use and buildable for a natural glowing look on special occassion. My search for foundation is over and definitely will be using it for the rest of my life, as long as the company produces it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by spjulio

I really enjoyed using this foundation. The application is easy with light to medium coverage. It really gives me a nice healthy glow. Perfect for summer and hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Ghostwerld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best natural foundation I've rver tried. It doesn't leave me feeling dry, it does not sink I to pores (every designer foundation I've ever tried has), it honestly is better than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and cheaper. It doesn't have full coverage, if you want that, buy the original Healthy Mix, which is just as great as this, if not better. My search is over. Bourjois is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I bought this because I've heard that it's a dupe for Chanel's vitalumiere aqua (apparently Bourjois owns Chanel and not the other way around) and every beauty girl on Youtube talked about it. The only place where I can get my hands on Bourjois is Shoppers Drug Mart. This foundation comes in the standard 1 oz with a pump (yay!) and retails for $28 CAD. I'm NC30 and use shade 53. I put one pump of foundation on the back of my hand and with the Real Techniques buffing brush buff it into my skin for medium coverage. Then I set it with Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder (best one I've tried!) and apply blush. On my combination oily skin, this stuff rocks. During the summer, everything stayed in place. I've worn this combination up to 18 hours before - yes I looked shiny but that's nothing a little napkin won't fix. Previously, I've used Make Up For Ever face and body in 32 but I wanted something with more coverage, I always needed a concealer with MUFE. But with Bourjois, I can skip the concealer step unless I have a new zit. I even use a little bit of the foundation to conceal my undereye bags. I've had my bottle since May and because of the frosted glass, I can't tell how much is left unless I open it. The only cons I can think of for this product is that there's a slight fruity scent but it disappears after the foundation is applied, it's made of glass so it may not be travel friendly and limited shade selection. Overall, for the price, results and longevity, I love this little baby. HG status! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by gintarees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this foundation for over an year now. To be completely honest, it's an ok foundation if your skin is not super oily. My skin is combination, it's dry in the morning but insanely oily after like 4 hours of going out. This foundation hasn't really helped me to escape from the oily face that I've always had. After I finish my second bottle of this, I'm definitely going to try and find a foundation to replace this one. Plus, it's way too pricey for such a result.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xsupersophx44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product! It's almost empty Ok so it's really great for flaky skin as long as you moisturise if you want a matte finish, although it is still glowy it finishes quite matte. It's amazing for any skin type really but I have more dry flaky skin and it works well. The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I prefer dewy finishes with a high amount of glow.