December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by yazzielee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hate this product.
it's patchy, matte (clings to dry patches) and dissapears within a couple hours. when you apply it has a horrible tacky feeling. it would probably work well on people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a very good foundation, especially taking into consideration it is a budget make up brand. The foundation is creamy and gives a medium coverage. My guess is it would suit best someone with normal and slightly dry skin.
My favourite application method is with fingers. Thus, the foundation is distributed evenly providing a natural looking effect.
Wears all day with no need to touch up. Easy to remove.
I own shade 52 Vanille Clair. It would suit anyone fair skin with neutral and slightly yellow skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

My HG foundation is actually the original Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (with black cap). I was running out of that foundation few months ago and since the store ran out of my color (Vanilla), I decided to tried the foundation serum instead (in the color Vanilla).
Overall, it is almost as amazing as the original one, a tad bit lighter in consistency and coverage, but I very much recommend this product, you can even get away with using this as BB cream/tinted moisturizer.
PRICE - It is super affordable, totally worth the product and packaging. Not gonna broke your bank.
PACKAGING - packaging's a wonder. It is plastic (super light and easy to travel with), slim-shape (amazing for makeup pouch!), and comes with a good pump (the most important!). The amount of product coming from the pump itself is not a lot, so you will not have problem with excess product.
COVERAGE - Light to medium coverage (buildable), works best with yellow skintone, but with cool/pink skintone it will work as well.
PERFORMANCE - BTW I have dry skin. I think this works with all skin types, work best for normal skin. I still need moisturizer prior applying the product, but my skin does not turn flake/dry during the day. It feels really light and quite smooth, it does not feel like you are wearing foundation at all. The texture is a wonder to work with, it is easy to blend with brush/sponges/fingers. Smells fruity, but not overpowering.

However, I still prefer the original Healthy Mix Foundation (because I like its better coverage). But I will totally recommend this product to everyone, really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Purchased this on eBay for about $20.00 which is pricey for a DS-brand foundation. I think it's an average foundation on it's own, but what I prefer to use it for is to lighten other foundations, both in color and formula. The formulation allows it to blend so easily with other, thicker foundations and provides just enough moisture to my other foundations that are more matte finish.

I got the color 51 and it's a bit too light and pink for my NC25 skintone, but I make it work.

Not a bad foundation, just not too impressed with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by DezineOptional

LOVE this foundation! I've been a fan of Bourjois for years now. Sephora used to carry the line, but now it can be found in a few Shoppers Drug Mart locations. This foundation does exactly what it claims it will...my skin is left with a luminous, but not oily glow. It literally sinks into the skin so you feel like you're wearing nothing at all, yet the coverage is incredible if you're looking for light to medium concealing. Shade range is not a bit dissapointing, but I've found with Bourjois foundations that they tend to be on the lighter side, so someone like me, with a light to medium skin tone, can get away with using shade 53 Beige Claire. Some might disagree with me, but this base lasts on me ALL DAY LONG! Seriously, I don't have to retouch, not even once, throughout the day and I don't become shiny either. Perfect coverage, perfect lasting power, perfect texture. At $28 it's obviously pricier than Covergirl or Revlon, but it's less expensive than Smashbox or Estee Lauder. It's that in-between that works well for the wallet and a little goes a long way, so the pump bottle will last quite a while if you're using it just once a day. I've tried various Chanel foundations which range anywhere from $55 and up, and I can honestly say that the Bourjois gave me much better results for half the price. Overall, a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by YourGurlfriday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

In love with this foundation. A bit of product gets wasted because of the pump, but it is a good little glass bottle you can stand on a bathroom shelf. Perfect shade (53). Have had a few people make comments like , your skin is incredible, your skin's glowing etc when wearing this. It's not. It's the foundation. Haha! But it is a moisturising formula that I find improves skin with use , and doesn't cause breakouts. I think it's expensive for what it is at $32 AUD for a chemist brand, but sometimes if you want quality you have to pay a little more, and it is infinitely superior to the other chemist brand foundations I have tried eg. Maybelline, covergirl, Rimmel : 👎.& cheaper than the department store brands, highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by parfaitt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this stuff smells like apples!! just thought i'd put that in first cause i'm nuts about scents. i like my products having sweet scents. if you don't like scents in your makeup, it's ok cause the smell goes away fast.

this is a good foundation. not the best, but i'd def rank it over lots of drugstores and even high end stuff (imo). i got it off ebay for $13.12, a little expensive for something that's considered "drug store" but still for the quality and the fact that it is impossible to find in the US is good. i have the lightest colour and here are the positives:

- easily blendable
- pretty buildable, just not entirely FULL coverage. this looks best on me when i'm having a good skin day.
- natural look with a slight dewy finish (i have combo skin, but not a huge fan of dewy so i usually powder the dewy areas)
- feels like your skin
- good color match! i'm super pale and though this isn't the /perfect/ match, it's pretty close. it doesn't oxidize, thank god.
- the pump!!! it gives out perfect amounts and it's cute and sanitary. why doesnt every foundation have a pump? seriously?
- pretty affordable.

the cons:
- i found this not to be SUPER long lasting, on its own anyways. use some primer, concealer, and set it with powder and you'll be pretty good for the day. if i'm sweating a lot or get oily, i notice it does 'rub' off a little.
- having to order it off the internet can be a negative for some, some people like to test the colour out etc. but if you know your color for sure, it'll look pretty good on you i think, unless you are in need of something full coverage (like kat von d or revlon colorstay).

all in i'd give it a 9/10 for being a nice light/medium coverage foundation.this is great when you have really dry skin. def one of my more go-to foundations, especially in winter when my skin is behaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by CutieFruity

I have repurchased twice. I also use Dior Nude Foundation and Shiseido Sun Protection Fluid Foundation... but for every day at working at the office, this is the best! Due to my combination skin, I have to powder my T-zone about twice a day. I find it lasts long enough despite my oily zone, it covers everything I need it to (pores, redness, occasional spot) and is simple to apply with a basic foundation or kabuki brush. Often on sale at Priceline. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jelly_bean

Bought this because of all the rave reviews. I have extremely oily skin with dry patches. There's not a lot of colour selection but the one I chose matches my skin pretty well because it has yellow undertones. The foundation looks and feels nice on (it does have a fruity scent that I could got without, but it's not that offensive) but my biggest gripe is that it doesn't last at all. The foundation probably only lasts 3-4 hours on my skin. Now I'm not putting on a lot because I don't like the look of heavy makeup, but I would expect it to last longer than that.
For the price ($28 at Shoppers in Canada) I was really hoping for something that would last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by aysekaracaxx

This foundation is great for ladies that like a natural lightweight foundation yet still hides any slight imperfections. I tried this with the bourjois healthy balance powder and the bourjois healthy mix concealer and it was great!
At the time using this i was in my early years of high school and this was amazing as in my school make up isn't really allowed however they are quite lenient towards people who don't look heavily made up and this was perfect.It hid my blemishes yet didn't cake up my face. it is a nice formula and didn't break me out.
This foundation ranges from around 8.99 too 10.99 in places like ebay or boots so isn't too expensive for some people.