April 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Lipstick - Milani - Mandarina

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by fihe

Great color, not-so-great formula. it has a weird, strong smell to it, and I wish it were more opaque; it has a somewhat thin consistency. this lipstick also makes the skin on the inside of my lips get all "filmy" and disgusting, which means I need to rub it off and then reapply every few hours. I got Milani Mandarina when it was 75% off at CVS, but the next time I need a bright orange lipstick, I think I will try Revlon Siren instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I truthfully got this because of the fact that jomakemeblush wrote a blog post on this during the summer, and she was comparing this to MAC morange and I would have to say they def. look alike from her swatches. This is one of my fave summer bold lips

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mariaoleary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am suprised that the reviews for this color are not so good. I was looking for an orange lipstick seeing as that seems to be the "in" color for this summer. Since I was not about to shell out more than 10.00 I was between this color and orange-gina. This color has no frost and is very pigmented which can be easily tones down or layered for an opaque look. I think it's a great color for all skin tone and I find that bright lipsticks such as this really act as an accessory to an outfit.The only thing I do not like is the smell and the shape of the lipstick.Who designed the tube and the shape of the actual lipstick it looks tackky.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the color - oranges are so hard to find in drugstore brands - but good god, what is up with the plasticy, perfumey chemical scent? It seriously ruins the lipstick for me. I can hardly stand having it on my mouth, I just want to scrub it off and brush my teeth. Horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by biliboong

Ugh, I can't.

I've been looking for a good orange colour. Mandarina is basically a dupe for MAC's Morange, in my opinion. I didn't like Morange since it showed up more red than orange. This does the same thing. If I put it over concealer, it gets flaky, dry, etc. It feathers on me just like the MAC one did. I do not want to spend ten minutes trying to get a lipstick to actually turn out orange.

And what is up with the design of the actual product? I can't stand it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I am surprised that there are no reviews on this great product. First and foremost, I love Milani. It has never failed me. The color selection is great and the quality is incredible considering the price. BTW, Milani products are less expensive in Target. So here is the story about this lipstick. It works excellent with a peach blush. I have been looking for a very bright lipstick to wear with my Milani peach blush and this is exactly what I wanted. If you are looking for a soft color, this is not it. This is a bold shade but it is gorgeous. Prior to finding this, everyone was suggesting peach or bronze shades but this truly brings out the color in combination with a peach blush. GREAT COLOR FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT AFRAID OF WEARING BRIGHT SHADES.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No