November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Ombre Essentielle No. 90 Fauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lovely taupe/purple shade that looks really good with my hazel (green/gold) eyes. Stayed on all day..applied at 7:15am, still on at 9pm. No creasing or smudging. Lovely silvery glitter throughout. I would repurchase due to the staying power, and the shade which seems to be a wonderful compliment for my eye colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

A great taupey eyeshadow. It's pricey but worth it. Great quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by catpie

I contemplated getting fauve for a while - I'm a sucker for taupes but I thought I had similar things (mac hynotizing in particular). It's appeal was a more purple undertone rather than brown or straight grey.

I love the colour but the pigmentation is disappointing. I can build it up and make it work and I love the colour, but given the price, I think you can find very similar colours with better texture and pigmentation for less money.

Mark off for packaging - yes it's chanel but I'm more about minimal packaging rather than excess, and while it looks nice it's way more convenient to have eyeshadows depotted into palettes than have tonnes of single eyeshadows everywhere. I reach for it less for this reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Newyorking

I purchased this product along with Beige Lame and am very disappointed. This product is not well pigmented, and looks more like a plain shimmer than pigmented eyeshadow. In the Chanel store the lights were deceiving, at home I could use this interchangeably with Beige Lame or any other lighter color. I really like the look of this color but am disappointed with low pigmentation. I will try it wet, maybe then it will give me a better color to work with. Definitely not worth the $$$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely lilac/pinky/taupe with a touch of shimmery glitter. Similar color to Chanel Illusoire but lighter. There is a bit of fallout with this shadow but not very noticeable. Average build-ability, I usually wear it as a light daytime wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this! It is a very beautful taupe/purple shade. Its perfect on my NC20 skin and hazel eyes. I usually use it for a wash of color, or I use the Chanel I'do Emerveille on the lid and I put this in the outer V. The color combo together is beautiful.

I wear this with the Bare Essentuals Prime Time primer and while I've never had to wear it for more than 10 hours, there is no signs of creasing at the tenth hour when it usually gets removed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is not unique because I find that this is the EXACT and I really mean EXACT same color as The Balm's Just This Once Jamie eyeshadow (which could be found in a single pan form or in the Vol.2 palette). So if you want a cheaper alternative, The Balm would be your best bet. The only difference is that Chanel's Fauve has multi-dimensional shimmers (meaning more fallout), however I find Chanel's to be a lot more crease proof. For 28 bucks, I don't find this to be all that worth it, I like this eyeshadow because of crease ability proof and I like the color - but I probably wouldn't buy this again. I uploaded swatches of both eyeshadows to compare!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it! i only need this colour and taupe grise and i m happy for life. (-well technically) supports my eyecolour almost as good as taupe grise (wich is by far my very very favourite!)

i found out that this colour looks better if i dont use a brush but tap it on with my fingertips. along the crease- perfect.
the colour is so special that i dont know how to describe it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by duckfan

This eyeshadow is a beautiful taupe shade with an almost purple glow which goes perfectly with my green eyes. I love a taupe shadow and have worn Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow in Galaxy a lot in the past, however there is a lovely sparkle in the Chanel shadow that I am loving. I have worn this allover my lid with a black liner along the lash line and Chanel eyeliner in Rose Platine along the lower lash line, this is a really nice look - day or night. I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I am amazed that nobody has reviewed this eyeshadow yet. It's from the recent Chanel spring 2011 collection and it's GORGEOUS. I always have a problem with Chanel eyeshadows - they crease on me (regardless the primer etc etc). This one does as well. But ot's one of the most gorgeous taupe eyeshadows I've ever had (when it starts to wear off and I have to smudge the creased lines to make my eyelid look decent, I am left with a sparkly natural look, which is far from what I have started with). It has sparkles to it and there is a fall-out from it (well noticable if you are in direct sunlight). I don't mind it (yet) and it's not all that bad (like UD midnight cowboy, for instance). I usually use it all over with Chanel taupe grise in crease and outer corner and (same taupe crise) on lower lash line. Chanel stylo in 83 (cassis) on the upper lash line blended out with taupe grise for a softer look. That's it. Love it but wouldn't re-purchase. No Chanel eyeshadow wears well on my eyelids. I have finally decided that I am not going to buy any of the Chanel eyeshadows ever again. They are just not for me. I'll leave them for events that don't last more than 4 hours. That's as much as I can get from Chanel. Too bad. UPDATE changed to 5 lippies. Why haven't I tried it with UDPP before? Stays on the whole day. :-) I used Artdeco primer and Too faced shadow insurance and both failed (only with Chanel eyeshadows). ANOTHER UPDATE: if used wet, it's a perfect dupe for Chanel illusoire creme eye shadow!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No