March 1, 2015 | 1149 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 2:34:00 AM More reviews by melkate

One of the only cleansers (other than Cetaphil) which doesn't break me out. Really gentle on skin and lovely soft texture. I use this in conjunction with the clarins toner and moisturiser and they work great for my sensitive combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2015 5:02:00 PM More reviews by SukiLauridsen

I love this one because it doesn't break me out. I have dry skin, get a lot of dry patches (especially in winter), but am also acne-prone. I massage it gently, add a bit water so it can slide over my face better, and finish by rinsing it out with cold water.

The smell is heavenly (but fragrance does not irritate or make my skin red).

Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Mangopudding

Bought this after reading many positive reviews. But turned out the product irritated my skin :( didn't expect this from such a high end product with so many good reviews. My skin is not particularly sensitive type, only a bit dry. Now I am using korean cleanser from Banila & Co which I found much more gentler on skin and not drying. And no any skin issues whatsoever. In general I find Korean cosmetics are more affordable and gives better result, while high end brands -- maybe they contains too much chemicals although advertised as "natural? for sensitive skin?" I've tried Biotherm, Origins, Lancome etc. yet not satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

For my normal/dry sensitive skin this was not that great. It left dry flaky patches on my face which I had under control before I started using this. I was surprised because this didn't foam that much, has little to no fragrance to my nose and seemed hydrating after rinsing. However it doesn't clean all that well. I expected so much more considering the great reviews. I will have to reserve this for summer or take it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very gentle cleanser and always leaves my dry sensitive skin feeling soft and slightly hydrated. I love the smell and the fact that it contains shea butter. My skin always looks clearer and less blotchy when I use this. The only problem is the price but a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this with my facial brush (Philips Visapure, see my review for that) and it's full-blown love!
Up until I found this baby I used the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but when that was finished I wanted to look for something a little softer. I always check Makeupalley and Beautypedia and most of the time things that rate high on MUA are bad according to BP and the other way round. This cleanser is rated GOOD by BP and has good rates here: YAY! I've been using it for a good 3 weeks now and it is indeed very soft, it smells divine and my skin is clean but not too dryish anymore. Absolute favorite cleanser! But a little side note: it does contain a lot of fragrance, I like it, but my skin isn't sensitive. If you have really sensitive skin I would give this a miss ar at least try a sample first.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

This product is pleasant to use, but rinses poorly and really does not lather much at all. It is also highly fragranced and burned my eyes. Lastly, it did not clean all that well and I had makeup residue after cleansing. (And yes, I expect my cleanser to take off makeup. I do not wear a heavy amount, and do not have time for a two step process.)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by carolinesmith22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worse. Product. Ever! It's just so bad I can't begin to describe. My skin is not sensitive at all just dry, epecially in the winter. But this product broke me out much for over TWO weeks! The sales lady kept on saying a good cleanser is supposed to break out skin for a while, but TWO WEEKS?? WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Average cleanser. It's not drying, and I like the packaging. I think it kind of makes my skin worse though in terms of breakouts. Maybe it's the fragrance that my skin's sensitive to. To be clear, this did not cause me to have problematic skin; I did before using this product. I just think it isn't ideal for acne-prone complexions. If you have dry, acne-prone skin you're better off at the drugstore with Neutrogena or Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't foam like the name leads you to believe but boy does it wash off every trace of makeup. Even my waterproof eyeliner came right off with out that super dry feeling after. My skin is dry so I need moisturizer right after but this is probably the best face wash I've ever tried. Cons: the price is a little steep and the packaging isn't that great, a little does go a long way but if you're not careful way more than you need comes out. Despite the price and the not so great packaging it's worth not having to use a separate eye makeup remover