December 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind for Combination or Oily Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by ksy

i have acne prone, very sensitive and irritable skin and i am on oral retinoid thus my skin is very very dry. i bought this initially as reviews claim that it is effective in cleaning.

I do agree that it is quite good in cleaning, but it can be a little harsh and drying on my already dry/sensitive skin so i use it once in every few days (i have another cleanser: non-soap benzoyl peroxide 4%). don't expect it to wash off blackheads or whiteheads though.

i would recommend this to those with combination/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LaMarra

good for oily skin specially T zone

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MewaC

I've tried a fair amount of cleansing products and most of them either dried me out way too much or didnt clean well enough and left me oily anyways. My mom bought this one by accident and after I tried it I loveeed it.

It leaves my sking pretty clean and I feel kind of a tightening effect. Also, this wont be the cure for acne or breakouts but will definetly help you controling the oil thus calming them down.

I also love the consistency, very creamy and soft to use. I hate liquid cleansers x_x

I dont think Ill try other cleanser since I really like this one!

PS: would recommend to young people with combination to oily skin. For dry skin this wouldnt be good. Also for older people who needs extra moisture on their skin this will be too drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

A nice cleanser for those with oily skin. I have normal skin and used this in the summer months to combat greasiness. The smell is inoffensive and the texture is creamy with small beads throughout. Not too much is needed as it lathers well. This product definitely does not strip your face of all oils as many cleansers designed for oily skin tend to do. You are not left feeling like you have a papier-mâché mask for a face; instead, the skin just feels rejuvenated. Personally, I did not see any miraculous difference between using this product and the cheap face washes I get at the drugstore.I still had to go in with makeup remover to clean my undereye area. As such, I wouldn't spend this much on a cleanser unless I felt a significant difference in its performance. I would still recommend this product to those looking for a face wash with oil control that is not too harsh.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by caragh87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm only on night two of using this product. The first night I used a little too much and with my
Clarisonic because my skin was warm and very red but it settled down quickly. Today I noticed far less oil on my skin than normal. I really think this could be a great product for me to use at night to help with my oily/combo skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by taniax89

Great cleanser, didn't break me out! Feels clean and refreshing scent. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

I bought this on a whim while I was on holiday since I had forgotten my cleanser.. At first I really liked it because it left my face super bright and ultra clean.
HOWEVER... Once I started using this every day it started to strip my skin sooo much and left it feeling tight, so much so that my skin started producing even more oil! It does a good job at cleansing, yes, but I think it is a bit too aggressive (foaming cleansers aren't the best for your skin), it made my face squeeky clean, and as Caroline Hirons says: "Nothing on your body should squeek. You're not a rodant".
So I ditched it. I find REN's Clay Cleanser does a MUCH better job and keeps the skin balanced (any oily-combination skin gals reading: try the REN one!), while the Clarins one just turned my face into an oil slip by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by sarahmann175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product - best cleanser for oily skin. left my face super clean and not drying out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. I have combination skin and leaves my skin clean without over drying. Definitely helped with my breakouts. The scent is soft and lovely. The tamarind beads kept my face very soft. Love love love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Mattewis

I bought this by accident after I ran out of my previous cleanser (Paula's Choice) which I liked but couldn't bother to order online and then wait nearly a week for it to arrive from the PC distributor in the Netherlands to the UK where I live. I used Clarins foaming cleanser years ago in the late 1990s when I was a teenager and have good memories from that time, so I grabbed this one almost by default. This is not the same formula and smell as I remember it- but so what, it works fine. It has a great smell, lathers up so well you only need a smidgen of cleanser. For this reason it is very economical, so ignore the price. This will last a year if you are stingy.

Does a good job of cleaning as I find no residu on cotton wool when using toner (but I also don't wear heavy make-up, just concealer on spots and loose powder). It could dry out however, and I do find that my normally patient skin is a bit tight and I need more moisturiser, but at the same time it is also winter. If you have oily skin, likes facial washes that foams properly, and tends to have breakouts then I recommend.

Will I buy again? I said yes because I don't want to affect a good product's ratings, but perhaps I will not buy again simply because I am a very disloyal customer when it comes to cleansers and toners. I shop around a lot, and I already have my eye on another cleanser I'd like to try when this one is done. If that fails, however, I will come back to this one.