August 30, 2014 | 1791 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind for Combination or Oily Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

A nice cleanser for those with oily skin. I have normal skin and used this in the summer months to combat greasiness. The smell is inoffensive and the texture is creamy with small beads throughout. Not too much is needed as it lathers well. This product definitely does not strip your face of all oils as many cleansers designed for oily skin tend to do. You are not left feeling like you have a papier-mâché mask for a face; instead, the skin just feels rejuvenated. Personally, I did not see any miraculous difference between using this product and the cheap face washes I get at the drugstore.I still had to go in with makeup remover to clean my undereye area. As such, I wouldn't spend this much on a cleanser unless I felt a significant difference in its performance. I would still recommend this product to those looking for a face wash with oil control that is not too harsh.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by caragh87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm only on night two of using this product. The first night I used a little too much and with my
Clarisonic because my skin was warm and very red but it settled down quickly. Today I noticed far less oil on my skin than normal. I really think this could be a great product for me to use at night to help with my oily/combo skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by taniax89

Great cleanser, didn't break me out! Feels clean and refreshing scent. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

I bought this on a whim while I was on holiday since I had forgotten my cleanser.. At first I really liked it because it left my face super bright and ultra clean.
HOWEVER... Once I started using this every day it started to strip my skin sooo much and left it feeling tight, so much so that my skin started producing even more oil! It does a good job at cleansing, yes, but I think it is a bit too aggressive (foaming cleansers aren't the best for your skin), it made my face squeeky clean, and as Caroline Hirons says: "Nothing on your body should squeek. You're not a rodant".
So I ditched it. I find REN's Clay Cleanser does a MUCH better job and keeps the skin balanced (any oily-combination skin gals reading: try the REN one!), while the Clarins one just turned my face into an oil slip by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by sarahmann175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product - best cleanser for oily skin. left my face super clean and not drying out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. I have combination skin and leaves my skin clean without over drying. Definitely helped with my breakouts. The scent is soft and lovely. The tamarind beads kept my face very soft. Love love love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Mattewis

I bought this by accident after I ran out of my previous cleanser (Paula's Choice) which I liked but couldn't bother to order online and then wait nearly a week for it to arrive from the PC distributor in the Netherlands to the UK where I live. I used Clarins foaming cleanser years ago in the late 1990s when I was a teenager and have good memories from that time, so I grabbed this one almost by default. This is not the same formula and smell as I remember it- but so what, it works fine. It has a great smell, lathers up so well you only need a smidgen of cleanser. For this reason it is very economical, so ignore the price. This will last a year if you are stingy.

Does a good job of cleaning as I find no residu on cotton wool when using toner (but I also don't wear heavy make-up, just concealer on spots and loose powder). It could dry out however, and I do find that my normally patient skin is a bit tight and I need more moisturiser, but at the same time it is also winter. If you have oily skin, likes facial washes that foams properly, and tends to have breakouts then I recommend.

Will I buy again? I said yes because I don't want to affect a good product's ratings, but perhaps I will not buy again simply because I am a very disloyal customer when it comes to cleansers and toners. I shop around a lot, and I already have my eye on another cleanser I'd like to try when this one is done. If that fails, however, I will come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for a little over two years and I can positively say that I love it! It has kept my acne at bay as well as reduced a lot of my horrible cystic breakouts. While I cannot say that it controls my oil throughout the entire day, it does keep shine at bay for about an hour (which is a long time considering I get oily about 10 minutes after I cleanse!)

Most of the time, my skin adapts to a cleanser and the cleanser will stop working. Well, with this one, I have yet to see that happen. It is my go-to cleanser and after switching to new cleansers I will always return to this one. My only note is that you need to completely remove foundation/concealer before using this, because it really does not remove makeup well. Also, at $22 I find it rather inexpensive compared to other top-notch cleansers as well as the rest of Clarin's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ThatCessyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive, acne prone, oily skin. If my skin does not like a product it will let me know! Other cleansers I have used in the past have dried me out and left me feeling uncomfortable. When i started working at Macy's in the cosmetics department I decided to give clarins a try since their products use less chemicals than most and are plant based, I am so happy i made the switch!!! This cleanser feels amazing when i use it! It leaves my skin soft and clean. It doesn't feel dry and it doesn't feel flaky. I have used this cleanser for over a year and have not tried any others since. I don't need to, this one is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by xoxobellamarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The one product that has worked for me.

I am 12 years old, and I've reached 'that age.'

My family has a very bad history of acne and oily skin- lucky me, I just had to inherit it.

I have used countless facial washes- Neutragena, FAB, Chanel, etc. I've lasted about 1 month with each- I just broke out like crazy.

I went to Macy's one day with my mum because she had to buy some foundation at the Chanel counter, so I headed over to the Clarin's counter across from it and started looking at the facial product. I explained to the sales lady about my acne troubles, and she recommend this to me.

This facial wash is just so lovely. It makes my face feel very clean, and refreshed. I've noticed a huge decrease in breakouts- my face is clear except for a few blackheads I've got on my nose.

My routine is -

1.Warm washcloth with hottest water I can handle, and wring it out. I put it to my face to open up my pores for a few moments.
2. I use this wash with my Conair face brush (it's like a Clarisonic one.)
3. I rinse this off with the leftover water on my washcloth, then splash my face with very cold water to close my pores.
4. As of Saturday, I use the Iris toner by Clarins (I just bought it and it is so wonderful.)
5. Follow with Murad Mattifying Moisturizer. (It's my holy grail.)

I recommend this product to anyone.

Hope this helps! =)