October 2, 2014 | 1423 users online

Mascara - Pure Anada Natural Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty satisfied with this mascara.

The lasting power is amazing (no flakes, smudges, or wear throughout the day). It doesn't make my eyes red, dry or irritated in any way. It's soft, a bit shiny, washes off easily and is affordable.

It definitely won't hold hard-to-curl lashes! It also doesn't volumize much at all. One coat looks very natural, if I let that coat dry and apply more it clumps a bit. It's also not the blackest black.

It's not a mascara I can throw on and run out the door. I personally have to curl, apply, let dry, separate and curl again, possibly apply more and repeat.

I've also only found it at thepureboutique.com and well.ca.

I think this mascara is worth a shot. Especially for the lasting power and non-irritating formula. Even if you have pin-straight lashes (like me) you can make it work, but I'm going to keep trying other mascaras.

I think the marketing of this mascara is pretty accurate, just keep the downsides in mind if you're unsure or don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup. There plenty of good, hypoallergenic mascaras at the drugstore that aren't *super* toxic...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by samanthaapril

I agree totally with AudB's review of this mascara. It's a great mascara, natural or not. It thickens nicely, but isn't too clumpy, lengthens a bit, isn't irritating, and it somehow manages to be both water-resistant yet easy to wash off. I'm on my third tube and I'll be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm loving the products from Pure Anada (see my reviews for foundation & eyeshadow). This mascara is no exception. I am very picky about mascara because it always seems to run, smudge and flake on me. I have been using L'Oreal Beauty Tubes for its staying power even though I dislike the application.

Pure Anada Natural Mascara sells for $14 CDN, and only comes in black. It is a deep black, but not the blackest mascara I've ever tried. It goes on easily and is easy to build up coats for more volume and length. A simple one coat application gets me natural looking lashes with some added length (necessary for my short lashes) and some volume. Two or three coats get me some evening drama.

This mascara really lives up its promises. It lasts all day (usually I put it on at 8am, take it off around 11:30pm) and it does NOT smudge or run. I can sometimes count two or three tiny flakes at the end of the day. That's really good for a regular mascara, but for a natual mascara, that is amazing!

The formula is paraben-free, gluten-free and mercury-free. I will add the ingredient list to this review if you want to see the whole list. It isn't 100% all natural ingredients, but the company says it is 97% natural. It is also PH balanced, so for someone who can't wear mascara because it stings their eyes, this would be a very good mascara to try.

I would definitely buy this again. It has become my everyday mascara. In fact, when this tube runs out, I'm going to sign up for their auto-ship option on this mascara.