Pure Anada Natural Mascara

4.8

Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa Wax (Rice Bran Wax), Olea Europea fruit oil (Olive Oil), Vegetable Source Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Coernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Shellac, Black Iron oxide (CI 77499), Cyclopentasiloxane, Aminomethyl Popandiol (Ph Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative). 97% natural ingredients (sourced from nature)

on 1/28/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I recently came across Pure Anada's website and was intrigued. Especially because it's Canadian. I tried this mascara in black and was pleasantly surprised. Minimal clumping. Gives my lashes length and fullness. I apply two coats. No irritation at all. I had one or two tiny flakes near the end of the day. It also comes in blue and brown. Costs is $14.00 Canadian dollars. Definitely would repurchase. :)

on 10/4/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so impressed with this mascara! It lengthens and thickens and doesn't drop the curl in my lashes. It barely clumps, doesn't smudge and wears well. It also removes easily and the olive oil in the product seems to condition the lashes a bit. Add to that a nice, simplistic ingredient list, minimal preservatives (no parabens or formaldehyde releasers) and the fact that it's made in Canada-what's not to love?

It usually retails for around $14 a tube but it sometimes goes for sale on certain websites.
I would absolutely repurchase and recommend this mascara.

on 3/5/2014 10:08:00 PM

I'm pretty satisfied with this mascara.

The lasting power is amazing (no flakes, smudges, or wear throughout the day). It doesn't make my eyes red, dry or irritated in any way. It's soft, a bit shiny, washes off easily and is affordable.

It definitely won't hold hard-to-curl lashes! It also doesn't volumize much at all. One coat looks very natural, if I let that coat dry and apply more it clumps a bit. It's also not the blackest black.

It's not a mascara I can throw on and run out the door. I personally have to curl, apply, let dry, separate and curl again, possibly apply more and repeat.

I've also only found it at thepureboutique.com and well.ca.

I think this mascara is worth a shot. Especially for the lasting power and non-irritating formula. Even if you have pin-straight lashes (like me) you can make it work, but I'm going to keep trying other mascaras.

I think the marketing of this mascara is pretty accurate, just keep the downsides in mind if you're unsure or don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup. There plenty of good, hypoallergenic mascaras at the drugstore that aren't *super* toxic...

I agree totally with AudB's review of this mascara. It's a great mascara, natural or not. It thickens nicely, but isn't too clumpy, lengthens a bit, isn't irritating, and it somehow manages to be both water-resistant yet easy to wash off. I'm on my third tube and I'll be repurchasing!

on 5/15/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving the products from Pure Anada (see my reviews for foundation & eyeshadow). This mascara is no exception. I am very picky about mascara because it always seems to run, smudge and flake on me. I have been using L'Oreal Beauty Tubes for its staying power even though I dislike the application.

Pure Anada Natural Mascara sells for $14 CDN, and only comes in black. It is a deep black, but not the blackest mascara I've ever tried. It goes on easily and is easy to build up coats for more volume and length. A simple one coat application gets me natural looking lashes with some added length (necessary for my short lashes) and some volume. Two or three coats get me some evening drama.

This mascara really lives up its promises. It lasts all day (usually I put it on at 8am, take it off around 11:30pm) and it does NOT smudge or run. I can sometimes count two or three tiny flakes at the end of the day. That's really good for a regular mascara, but for a natual mascara, that is amazing!

The formula is paraben-free, gluten-free and mercury-free. I will add the ingredient list to this review if you want to see the whole list. It isn't 100% all natural ingredients, but the company says it is 97% natural. It is also PH balanced, so for someone who can't wear mascara because it stings their eyes, this would be a very good mascara to try.

I would definitely buy this again. It has become my everyday mascara. In fact, when this tube runs out, I'm going to sign up for their auto-ship option on this mascara.

Popular Mascaras