December 22, 2014 | 1081 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Starshine, Batman! This foundation is *dewy.* I do not see glitter, but the shine is so intense I can skip my morning moisturizer. I set it with Revlon's Age-Defying pressed powder in light/medium, which toned it down a bit. For reference, my skin is NC30, dry, mature, has a few lines and some mild hyper-pigmentation. This foundation covered everything; I'd say it's medium to full. My perfect match is Soft Beige, which didn't turn orange on me. This will be my go - to foundation during cold, dry Chicago winters. Do not use if you are oily or live in a humid climate. Side note: Revlon.com no longer has this. They're showing a new Age-Defying formula without the DNA benefit, so if you're going to try this, better get it now before it's discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This foundation isn't particularly special

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish that I had read the reviews first before purchasing this product and using it. I live in an incredibly humid place (Houston) and this foundation took forever to dry. It did not make it through the day.

I thought that I would try it on a less humid day and the results were better but still not enough to warrant buying it again. It has a strange odor and I could smell it on my face. I sometimes wondered if others could smell it too when they came to my desk at work. I just do not have time for a foundation that slips and slides around on my face even though I do require something a tad moisturizing. I have had better success with other Revlon foundations but this one receives a thumbs down.

The one positive that I DID like about this product is the pump. I know others do not like it but I can control how much comes out and it just seems to be more sanitary than a bottle that opens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by laurapowder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, the "glitter" previous reviewers mention, must come from their moisturizer, it certainly isn't in this foundation. (Silica) Anyway, I am 61 with a good complexion, but lots of spider veins on cheeks. Very hard for me to get the color that really blends on my skin tone. Bare Buff, or Nude beige works well, but not in every brand or formulation. Revlon Age defying with DNA in bare buff is perfect. It goes on well with good coverage but not chalky or dry or shiny, very natural. Covers well but not like a "pancake". Still need concealer for dark areas in corner of eyes. I live in Tampa, humid heat, and this foundation has lasted all day and better than Loreal True match and Femme Couture Get Flawless. (neither of which had a good color match). I always end up back with Revlon. I used their "new complexion" until I could not find it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Stressielu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got dry skin with rosy cheeks due to chemo and just plain old age. I have tried almost every foundation (and green concealer) out there to just even out my skin tone; moisturize a bit and not emphasize my wrinkles.
This is pretty good. Especially for a drugstore brand. I'm a Medium Beige and it matches my skin perfectly and you can't even tell I have something on. It moisturizes and sinks in quickly so no complaints there. It doesn't rub off, doesn't seem to slide or grease up in the extreme heat and doesn't sink into my wrinkles.
I see no glitter; NONE - maybe they've changed the formula? Or maybe here in Australia, they knew it wouldn't sell? But my bottle is matte and not a speck of glitter.
I hate the packaging though - gimmicky and pointless. I'll join the chorus who just wish companies would put their foundations in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by kmp789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Where do I begin... Let's start with the formula. Apparently there are sparkles in this foundation that I was unaware of until I put it on my face. Not good. I looked like I was ready to join the Cullen crew. I don't understand the logic behind this even being called an "age defying" foundation when, despite only 2 ingredients listed, there is sparkle/glitter that would only bring attention to any fine lines and pores you may have. Even worse is the fact that when you take off the foundation, the sparkle/glitter remains.

I was also unimpressed with the coverage and the texture of this formula is (as many have described before me) greasy. It seems like it separates (and I shook it well). Keep in mind, I have normal/dry skin so I can appreciate a formula that is hydrating, but this is not something that works for me at all.

One thing I like about the product is the packaging because it has a pump. While I do not like this foundation, I think I may be able to clean and re-use the pump on another liquid foundation. This product also has no smell (at least to me) which is a plus.

The thing that really made me vow to never, ever use this product again is the fact that it breaks me out... REALLY bad! And I do not have acne-prone skin or super sensitive skin, it's relatively normal and no problems other than some areas with large pores and hormonal breakouts every now and then. I'm not sure if other people have had this problem with this foundation, but use at your own risk.

Unfortunately, this foundation was a HUGE miss that I would never recommend. I wouldn't even give this stuff away.

I uploaded some pictures so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color was great, almost an exact match but it was so greasy, It slid right off of my face within and hour. My husband even asked me why I was sweating haha. I'm sure it would work for someone with very dry skin but definitely not for me. I have combo skin and T-zone gets a little bit oily by the end of the day, I can usually just use a little powder and it's fine but I couldn't powder away the shine from this makeup...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by susan75

Awful awful awful! As others have said here, "the worst makeup I've ever used". Sooo true. It's like they made it for little girls. It's full of glitter, is goopy, greasy and doesn't blend well. Not only that but it's super shiny and it smells like chemicals. I regretted getting it almost immediately after I tried it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by btcrazee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is some of the worst makeup I ever used. I tried switching to something else because Clinique is so expensive. This stuff feels like I have smeared my face with Crisco, makes me break out and has very little buy way of coverage. Never again, even if I had to go without.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is horrible, so horrible infact that I just gave it away. First it didn't cover well, second it felt so grimy and greasy that I found myself constantly rubbing my face, third it oxodized and turned my face a yellow color, fourth it broke me out and most foundations don't irritate my skin. This is just nasty.