July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Rosy Nude Eyeshadow Palette

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette based on the awesome reviews it was getting. And frankly, i am dissapointed.

This palette comes with one highlightershade, a beige shade, a pink shade, a peach shade and a light bronzey brown.

While the highlightshade is good qualitywise, i feel it doesn't belong in this palette. it's the only cool shade in this otherwise rather warm palette.

the beige and the pink shades are fine, and i like using them.

the brown shade was very dissapointing pigmentwise. it barely shows up on me and i am very pale. i really have to layer it on to get some decent color payoff.

the peachy shade is my least favorite. whereas the others have a nice shimmer/sheen, this one has GLITTER. it's far too crude for my taste and i don't like it. also, the pigmentation isn't good.

So basically i got a palette of which there are two colors which i like using. but also not LOVE using. I was hoping this would be my go-to palette for everyday looks.

basically for me this palette is a big let down and i am sorry i spent that much money on it. i will not repurchase. there is much better quality out there, even for alot less money. sorry Dior.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This, and it's sister Rosy Tan, were hastily bought last summer and since then been neglected due to my discovery of older quints that drew my attention since.
After I had photographed and re-arranged my stash, I decided to go through all my quints and get re-aquainted with them. Now it is Rosy Nude's turn.

Rosy Nude (534) has 2 colours that distinctly show on my skin, the brown and the pink. The rest come as variations of my skintone and barely show up as in pan BUT I already guessed that when I bought it. C'mon girls, we all know -or can guess- pretty close what colours work best and show on us. It would be completely unfair for the product to reduce points because they look like my skin -I already knew that as I was buying it!

What I do reduce a lippie for, is the fact that the Dior buttery-smooth characteristic is not present in all of the colours. The upper and lower right suffer more, with the upper left coming a close second. I find that I have to scratch with my brush to get product on it. The lower left (brown) is much-much better, and the middle (pink) is creamy-smooth (more explanations on the subject are at the bottom of the review).

This is how I wear the quint, incorporating all five colours, for a subtle, flattering and GLOWY eye makeup (over TFSI):

- I put the upper right on the inner third of my upper lid.
- The lower right on the middle
- and the lower left on the outer third and into the crease.
- I use softly the middle pink to diffuse the crease towards the brow
- and the upper left to highlight under brow and near the tearduct.
- If I need more definition, I tightline using the dark brown from the Rosy Tan.

The keywords here are "subtle" and "glowing". For reference, I estimate I am 15/20 in MAC (I wear Dior's Forever-old formula in 20 and ELDW in Linen).

I have rated the packaging 4 because it is good, safe and I can actually use the included brushes in an emergency (like being in a hotel and see you have forgotten your regular brushes back at home) to get decent results.

The price is a 3 for me. Yes, the original investment is high but these shadows will last a long time because so little is required each time.

The overall rating, now that is a dilemma... I have many Dior quints that I would not hesitate to rate them 5 (this one included) but I have Dior's eyeshadow duos were the quality and pigmentation is beyond words! I do rate this quint 4, because this is how I interpret it: since Dior has the know-how to make and release e/s in the superb quality of the duos, then I can compare the quality of the quint e/s to that. It's the same company, the same product, at the same time. So although the quality of the quint is beautiful and so beyond that of many other companies, for a Dior product is a 4 - or, if you prefer, a 4,5.

Lastly, I do not find this quint to be essential since I have many others from Dior that contain more or less same-themed colours, but I am happy with this product and (if I did not have any others) I would be willing to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

Okay, I really do love this palette. I started to look into it when Lisa Eldridge used it in one of her videos, and she was raving about the pink color. I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a pink color because I don't like most of them. In fact, I don't have any because I'm never happy with them. I found mostly raves for this product, so I went to the store, swatched the pink color immediately, and I was sold, even for the hefty price tag (this was my first Dior palette purchase).

I love the pink shadow, I love the packaging, and overall, the shadows are very, very good quality. I own a few Chanel shadows, and would say they're both the same as far as quality. My ONLY complaint, if you can call it a complaint, is that for medium to dark skintones, the colors in this palette (with the exception of the pink one) are very, and I mean VERY, light. It's summer as I write this, and I'm normally very fair (NW 15/20 in MAC) in the winter, fall and spring. In the summer, I self tan to make myself an NW 25/30, which I don't think is super dark. BUT, the colors are barely noticeable when I'm tan-ish, which is a bit of a disappointment for me because I love them so much! So, in the summer, I can really only use the pink color, and the lightest one as a highlight. The darker brown and more neutral colors just don't show up, even after trying to really build them up. I applied these colors when I let my self tan go for over a week, so I was back to my usual fair self, and the colors were beautiful.

SO, I'm really tempted to go out and buy the Rosy Tan palette (the darker of the two) for the remainder of the summer months because I seriously only wear neutrals in the summer and these palettes are beyond perfect and convenient for me. I do hear that these are both limited edition, which sucks because they're so lovely, and the PERFECT neutrals palette. So that's why I'm leaning toward buying Rosy Tan as well before it's gone forever.

Overall, though, I was so happy to see a company come out with a beautiful neutral eyeshadow palette for summer! Usually they're always super bright colors, and beyond the occasional bright purple or something, I'm a neutrals girl, and was really happy with my first Dior shadow purchase! It was my own fault for not picking the right color. Oh well! I'll just have to wait for fall to use this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful palette for summertime-very easy to use, all the colors work together and look so pretty on my light, neutral toned skin. I didn't find it overly frosty/shimmery and the consistency of the eyeshadows is silky, almost creamy. Try this palette, it's gorgeous, and worth the high price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

This has been my go to shadow palette for nearly a month. The colors are soo beautiful and they blend so nicely together. I usually don't like putting pink shadow on my lids because some can make me look rather sickly. So, I've often use pink as transitional color. But, the center pink on the lid is sooo soft and looks so natural. I'm glad that I purchased it.

The price was a bit much but I've been using it for nearly a month and have not made a dent at all. I also use the upper left shadow as a highlighter on the cheekbones and the cupid and lower center of my lips. I love it when a dual has a dual function.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by duckfan

This is my first Dior 5 shadow palette and I totally love it! I had heard good things about these shadows in general but the price had out me off, but there was a promotion on in my local Debenhams so I decided to go for it. A passing glance at these shadows may prove unappealing because the colours are perhaps unexciting but I have to say as boring as they may be perceived they are so totally wearable! They look perfect on my fair skin - I sometimes find that what is meant to be a perfect champagne nude can look too dark on me (eg.Urban Decay Sin) but the champagne in this palette is perfect. I would normally stay about 5 miles away from pink eyeshadow as it tends to make me look ill but surprisingly when I layered the centre pink shade over the champagne (top right) it looks quite nice on my lids. The other colours are a peachy nude, a bronzey brown and a lovely highlight shade shot through with a pinkish glow. These are going to be my go to everyday colours, they also wear very very well on me with no creasing at all. I am greatly impressed with this palette and will certainly try another 5 colour in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the colors in this palette, and the quality is outstanding. It's perfect for a variety of natural, summery effects. My favorite is the pale taupe shadow in the upper left corner. It has the most gorgeous pink shimmer that reminds me of sunlight reflecting on tropical sand. The pink/apricot shadow in the bottom right corner is absolutely unique as well. It's slightly metallic and looks very fresh and warm on the lid.

The colors look great individually or in different combinations, as with all the Dior quints. The shimmer is delicate, not glittery or frosty. Great pigmentation and the colors stay true all day without oxidizing. Lasting power is excellent on my skin. I rarely use primers and I find that these last for hours without creasing or smudging. But I imagine the duration of these shadows varies depending on skin type and such.

This is my favorite of the two Summer 2011 palettes. I can see myself using these lighter colors more often than I'd use the deeper tones in the Rosy Tan palette. Although that one is equally stunning...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

Rosy Nude is one of two five-eyeshadow palettes in Dior's Summer 2011 makeup collection (the other is Rosy Tan). Both palettes are neutrals in the beige-brown-pink color spectrum; Rosy Nude has lighter colors than Rosy Tan.
Rosy Nude has three iridescent shades (ivory, light beige and light peach) and two mattes (medium pink and medium warm brown). As with all Dior shadows, the quality is superb; the shadows blend easily and stay on all day long.