October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Color Riche Nutri Shine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Some people have compared L'Oreal Color Riche Nutri Shine lip products to Revlon lip butters. However, the L'Oreal lip products are very different. Firstly, the Nutri Shine products are more "buttery" than Revlon lip butters, which are actually more like a moisturizing lipstick because they are so pigmented. The Nutri Shine products are less waxy, more slippery, and sheerer. Because they are so sheer and the color selection is quite neutral, you don't need to a mirror to apply them. Nutri Shines are perfect for slicking on while you're standing at a bus stop waiting for your bus. They are like a gloss in stick form -- a gloss-stick hybrid, if you like. I have an olive complexion (leaning warm, NC20-25) and dark hair; the colors I purchased are "sheer papaya" and "pretty peach". Both colors are nice summery neutrals, although the peach is brighter with shimmer. I also bought a sheer balm product in the range called "nudy coral", which imparts a slight coral tint to my lips. I find that I can't use these products without a waxy balm for protection underneath because they tend to dry my lips. I have the same reaction to 99.9% of liquid lip glosses -- my lips get dry and rough from using them. If you have no problem wearing gloss, you will have no problem wearing the Nutri Shines.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in shiny apricot. First of all, these lipsticks are not that pigmented and do not last very long. However, if you read the product description, you can figure out pretty soon that that they aren't meant to anyway. Lipsticks often claim to be moisturising but they usually aren't anywhere near as moisturising as claimed. You don't need to apply a lip balm before these, and you do not need an mirror to apply either. It goes on smoothly without any tugging and while the colour is sheer, it is also buildable. I love how they feel and they have a nice shiny look without looking like lipgloss, which I hate. I don't keep track of how long it lasts on the lips, although I know it isn't too long and you will need to reapply after eating or drinking but this is expected due to it's formula. They are also fairly shimmery, but not frosty and there is no chunky glitter. The shimmer is pretty and not over the top. The shade shiny apricot is quite pretty, swatches on the hand as a pretty apricot and appears a bit more red on the lips. Initially I was a bit disappointed at how red it appeared on the lips, but have now come to really love it! It isn't as red as I first thought, it looks like a subtle reddish, apricot orange, which isn't too extreme and wearable for every day in my opinion. Overall, I really like this! and would love to try it in other colours, sheer papaya, sandalwood beige and pretty peach! If you like matte, pigmented and lasting colors, stay away. While I would like to buy these again, the price (in Australia) is ridiculous.. and I would only buy if on sale or if the boyfriend is willing to buy me a little gift :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by annecarroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Sandalwood Beige. This is my first L'oreal lipstick. I must say although it doesn't last long especially when you eat or drink (just like lip balm) but I am satisfied with its effect on my lips. It doesn't only color, but moisture as well, and the moisturizer stays although the color has disappeared. Usually, the lipsticks I wore just color and moisture at the time of using and will make lips dry and chapped after that, but this one won't. I really think that it's lipbalm in the form of lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by gladlizette

Loreal products are usually good to me. I usually purchase loreal lip products but was trying to save a few cents and decided to give revlon a try. Not worth it by that time i need to buy carmex cause my lips were dried up chapped.. Ended up going back to loreal Color Riche..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think these lipsticks are absolutely wonderful! I purchased the shade Golden Vanilla which is a beautiful light-medium brown with a touch of shimmer and a nice warm undertone. First of all, this formula feels very wonderful on one's lips. It definitely holds to its claim of being moisturising. Also the pigmentation seems to be very good and the finish is a lovely glossy look, with some shimmer. I love this kind of finish so much, but I don't like the texture of liquid gloss so this is a welcome alternative. Staying power is good, the application is very smooth and even and the range of shades is very impressive, even here in India where our selections are usually slightly limited. Overall-I simply love them! Definitely plan on getting another tube (or a few more!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have three of these lipsticks- in Sheer Papaya, Strawberry Juice, and Shiny Apricot. Since it's one of the lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid products that's been so popular lately, the colours do tend towards sheerness- some of the shades would probably look nearly identical on the lips so I don't think there's a need to buy the whole range. That said, they're more pigmented than some brands' offerings while still feeling and looking nice on the lips- I find them moisturizing and comfortable to wear. They're fairly slippy and don't last all day, but they're also easy enough to reapply without a mirror (with the exception of Strawberry Juice, which is the red in the line). Some shades are loaded with shimmer, while others have a more subtle glossy finish. I do find that I can be left with a bit of glitter on the lips after the colour has worn away but I haven't noticed it migrating around my face. Overall I think they are a real winner- as long as you are expecting a sheerer, balmy lipstick. I've been wearing these nearly every day to work for the last 4 or 5 months and I'd definitely repurchase them when I run out (I think Sheer Papaya will be the first to go as it's my favourite shade)!

The price point is a little high for drugstore, but I've bought all of mine on sale for $10 apiece (retail price I believe is $22), and L'Oreal tends to go on sale fairly frequently at Priceline, Target, and the like. I'm not sure where these are available outside of Australia but they don't look like the same products as the Colour Riche Balms that are being sold in the US right now, though I do hope they are given a wider release as they're a great product! They also have, hands down, my favourite drugstore lipstick packaging- in fact I think it's nicer than a lot of mid to high end brands' as well! It's not just pretty looks either- the tube closes with a firm click and beneath the translucent plastic shell there's a full metal tube, top and bottom. They don't have any scent, which I am glad for as I'm allergic to florals like the regular Colour Riche line. All in all I'd highly recommend this line- if it's sold where you live, that is!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I have this in Rose Guava. It's a lovely warm pinky shade with tiny, tiny glitter that gives it a bit of sparkle. It's very wearable for work and lasts me for a couple of hours. It's very moisturising and wears of evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly89

I own 2 of these lipsticks- one is in strawberry juice, which is a juicy tomato red. And the other is in pink rose- which is a frosty medium pink. Now the premise beind these lipsticks are that they are meant to be lipsticks/ lip balms and lip glosses all in one (which i am a huge fan of). Sounds familiar? Well.... That's because a lot of cosmetic brands are coming out with this sort of product- think Revlon lip butters, Clinique butter shine lipsticks, MAC sheen supreme lipsticks and Dior addict sensual shine lipsticks. Now I've tried all of the aforementioned lip products and I must say Loreal lipsticks are equally great. Their moisturising, glossy and the color payoff is unreal. I think that they are on par with all the lipsticks I mentioned. Maybe a tad more slippery than say the clinique or Mac lipsticks. But a little more pigmented than the Dior and Revlon lipsticks. Also the packaging is really cute and elegant, they really stand out in amidst my other lipsticks. I love them. And I would highly recommend them to everyone and anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dravbabu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great shine and gloss. great colour payoff. i have pretty peach and coral. both are light glossy lipsticks and dont dry out my lips. i do wish they were a little toned down in the amount of shimmer but they are still great for everyday wear. fantastic product. youthful and rich look. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought one of these in Pretty Peach and I am really happy with it. These appear to be a replacement for the discontinued Shine Gelee lipsticks L'Oreal had in those (awful-looking IMO) gold square tubes. I noticed that many of the shade names from that range have come over to the Nutri Shines so perhaps they simply repackaged and rebranded? Anyway, on to the review.

Pretty Peach is a pinkish apricot sort of shade, no orange tones. It has some gold shimmer but it's subtle. It's a lovely fresh colour and it's not too sheer - I can see when I've got it on for sure. It makes lips quite shiny but not super glossy. I can apply this straight to my lips without prepping with a separate balm. It glides on really well. Being a sheer lipstick, obviously staying power isn't going to be too great. But this is the kind of product you can just quickly swipe on for a hit of colour and it makes your lips feel comfortable. This is what I love about it. You can easily put it on without a mirror. Another plus is that there is no scent. None! I sniffed mine just now and could not detect a thing. The packaging is really quite nice and a vast improvement on those cheap-looking Shine Gelee tubes. It's a silver inner tube with a sheer outer layer of tinted plastic on two sides. On the other two sides, it is silver with the L'Oreal logo written on it. The lid goes on easily and securely, with the silver sides lining up together nicely. I'm rating this a 5 and I plan to pick up another shade or two.