Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 4/10/2015 3:28:00 PM

Of these brushes the one I use least is the face brush as I don't wear full or even medium coverage foundation. I also don't like the feeling of buffing my face, it's like being smothered by dormice. If that's what you like, I'm sure this dense brush would work well.
I like the foundation brush that many say is too small precisely because it's small. I tend to use foundation sparingly and only where I need it, and this brush is great for that. I wouldn't use it for a whole face, it would take too long. I like it for concealer too.
The detail blush is handy for blemishes as it's quite stiff and pointed, and for going right under the eye.
I love the contour brush, I guess I like smaller brushes. I find it useable for blusher, bronze and contour. It doesn't apply too much or too little and blends well.

on 4/5/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best brushes in the set are the buffing and the contour brush. Foundation brush is too small to apply foundation, and I only use it for blending with a sponge afterwards or to blend concealer. The concealer brush is okay, works to apply concealer on smaller areas and lipstick. They are really soft, they don't shed and comes with a nice case. Amazing price too.

on 4/5/2015 1:50:00 AM

I think this set is a great value for the price. The buffing brush is my favorite. I use all of the brushes for concealor or applying other powder or cream products.
Great deal! Especially great if you're new to makeup and are building your own brush set.

on 4/5/2015 1:41:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

The brushes are a great price but to be honest the only brush that is worth the money is the buffing brush.
The foundation brush is too small for foundation and too big for concealer.
The concealer brush is also too small, I use it as a lip brush.
The contour brush is ok but again a bit small.
It seems to me that they really scrimped on the size of the actual brushes which is a shame because they could be pretty decent brushes.

on 4/4/2015 4:36:00 PM

I only got this collection for two brushes. the buffing brush and the contour brush. Just saying this is the only reason WHY I even bought it.

now to begin the buffer brush is amazing. its does what its suppose to do and it really is a multitasking brush cause you can use it for everything from foundation / powder to blush / contour (if you're precise that is). does it take the place of my other foundation brushes that I own like my flat tops and other buffers?....no. honestly while it is amazing its not enough where I can truly call it HG status. If you are a avid collector who loves trying different brushes as a whole its worth it but you won't be completely WOWED per say.I know others will dismiss me when I say this but its honestly my opinion. I have ALOT of foundation brushes and while I do see myself gravitating to this much more, I still use my other flat tops and buffers in conjunction with it. I don't feel the need to rush out and clean it and use it again the next day. If I have my other brushes near me I'll use it if this one is dirty.But...if you're moving up from say the elf flat top to this....then this will rock you're world in more ways then one. if you are contemplating getting the elf powder brush or the real techniques, go with real techniques trust me its a better investment. plus you get four brushes and a brush stand come on!

contour, again love. I have so far only used it with powder contour, highlighting, and, setting my under eye and so far so good it does what its suppose to do. I actually like this much more because it is dense so it lets me buff away the powder contour so it doesn't look to stalk which tends to happen on Asian people like myself with puffer cheeks (LADIES BLEND !) same for highlighting its great but if the highlight is super intense go light handed...the density will make it look like you rubbed eyeshadow all over. under eye powdering great.

foundation.......meh....for me....its really whatever. I haven't gravitated towards it nor do I want to. it does the job but with the buffing brush in there...do you absolutely need it? no I feel like sam and nick should have honestly put in something else rather then this. its thin and firm which is great and it has a small head but if you prefer fuller coverage like me, you wouldnt really have a use for it.

concealer brush....again meh. does the job and all but do I really use it? not really. sometimes I do but again with my collection as a whole right now I have others I prefer over this sorry.

NOW THE BRUSH HOLDER! omg genius. people tend to dismiss it but I'm always on the go....literally I only get to sleep in my own bed maybe once a week and due to that I need to carry my brushes with me and it really truly helps. Love that they have a extra slot for your own brushes aside from the slots the brushes came in. you can make it into a stand to hold it, when you wash it just stick it upside down so the water drips downwards. and you can retract it to make it back into a book like shape close it and go. WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS?! however.......there is a con because of how you can retract it....there is no real cover for the brushes if you carry it in your bag. so whatever disgusting bacteria you harbor in there it will grab on to the brush and it will make it dirty regardless of if you used it or not. I personally found carrying it within a XXL zip lock baggy the trick but some might find that a extra hassle but seriously though....AMAZING

best part they don't shed !

now the set as a whole is it worth it for me? yeah
do I use EVERYTHING IN THE KIT? no
would I still buy it regardless? yes but only if I lost all my brushes and I needed a new cheap set

this collection is great but I personally only use two brushes and the holder from the kit. the other two while I can use choose not too. so its up to you. for newbies venturing into the world of makeup JUMP ON IT. its a great starter kit for the fact and you'll make much more use out of it then me. I personally have alot already so I dont feel the need too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Samantha Chapman has really changed the makeup brush game with these brushes. The price is amazing for these quality brushes. Their soft, sturdy, don't shed, wash easily, look nice and apply makeup seamlessly. You.couldn't ask for more from a makeup brush. I am extremely happy with this purchase and honestly want the entire collection.

on 3/10/2015 5:44:00 PM

these are a great buy whether you are a makeup fanatic or just someone who wears makeup occasionally because they blend everything flawlessly and without much effort. They can now be found at Wal-Mart for about $20- 25 for the set of three.

My favourite thing about these brushes are that they dry SO fast after washing, literally within 5 minutes, and also they are so soft and really gives a soft finish to any makeup you apply. I always use the contour brush and my contouring never looks too harsh no matter what shade of powder i use.

the buffing brush is great for applying foundation and either stippling or lightly buffing it into your skin. I also use it sometimes to apply my finishing power to just dab it on since its more dense than other brushes and has a somewhat flat top.

The smaller, thin, foundation brush is good to apply cream contour on the face or highlihgt/concealor.

on 3/10/2015 8:03:00 AM

Great value for your money! I generally love RT, and this collection is no exception.
The buffing brush is great for applying foundation, is blends perfectly. Definitely my HG foundation brush!
The contouring brush i very good for contouring and blending, but currently I use it to apply concealer, as it blends it perfectly.
I use the small brush (detailer brush?) for applying lipstick, and it works really well.
The pointed foundation brush is pretty stiff and useless (works with concealer, but many other brushes are a lot better).

Really happy with this collection, its soft and easy to wash.
Wish I could by these brushes separately tho, as i would like to by another buffing and contour brush.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

All of the real techniques brushes are amazing. They are super soft and don't shed and can be used in multiple different ways. The buffing face brush in this set is awesome. It is not as dense as say Sigma F80. But I personally prefer a softer face brush. It's great for blending in foundation or budding out contour, etc. I also really like the contour face brush in this set. It's great for contouring as well as blending out under eye concealer or applying setting powder under the eye. I don't really use the pointed foundation brush in this set because I'm not a huge fan of applying my foundation that way and I think that brush is also too small to use all over the face. I have used it for concealer before and it's still a great brush. Pick. These. Up. There is no reason to be forking out so much money for high end over rated brushes when you can pick up awesome brushes like these at the drugstore for the price of one high end brush.

on 1/14/2015 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've recently bought a new set of the real techniques core collection set.They are so good and you can use them for almost everything to do with makeup,another good thing is that they don't shed hairs after washing them and they last so long aswell.As for the price they are inexpensive.The packaging is okay but the only thing i don't like about the real techniques is the carry case/brush holder they come in because personally i like to keep all my brushes together.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products