July 30, 2014 | 2115 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by chichane5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this brush collection. The brushes are better than my EcoTools and e.l.f. brushes.
Includes 4 Full-Size Brushes + Case:
- Detailer Brush: Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
- Pointed Foundation Brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
- Buffing Brush: Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
- Contour Brush: Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
- Panoramic Case: Dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organized on your counter or on the go. $18 by iherb dot com, I think it's cheap for 4 good brushes+case. I have a coupon code for this site if you want order the first time: VIK284 and you have 5$ off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

These brushes are really great... they make it easy to blend your foundation. They are an okay price.. I payed around 20 dollars Canadian. I like how the foundation brush is small and can fit in all the edges of your face. Still trying to figure out if I can use the buffing brush for blush, application or if it's just for blending. The detailer brush is a bit small but useful when you are concealing a pimple. The brushes are extremely soft. I removed one lippy because even after I rubbed the brush in shampoo there was still a bit of foundation left on the brush... so they don't clean as well as mac 187 which always comes out really white when i rub it in shampoo and then rub it under water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by willh0pkins

These brushes really are amazing. When I first purchased them I used the pixel brush for concealer and the contour brush for powder, but I now find that the contour brush is perfect for blending cream foundations and the pixel is best for lips. However the small foundation brush is not good, after one use it becomes very bristly and hard.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Real Techniques brushes, that is why I have all of them, but not all of the are perfect. In this set, I LOVED the contour brush- I honestly think it's the best contouring brush I have, the buffing brush is good too, but for blending cream blushes - I didn't really like it for applying foundation. the Small detailer brush is great for applying lipstick. The only brush I don't care for in this set is the pointed foundation brush - it's too small for applying foundation on the face, it may work for concealer, but it's defiantly not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ammuuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these brushes, they are my holy grail brushes for sure. They blend everything perfectly and are so easy to clean. I wrote a blog post about the sets i purchased i'd love it if you checked it out! www.beautifybeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

1. The foundation brush is an absolutely joke. I tried to use it once or twice to no avail, it ended up in my 'beauty junkyard' drawer.
2. The detailer brush is so so. I use this for concealer and to be fair, the synthetic bristles work well with most cream products. The problem here is the size, as it's so small, it makes blending an utter chore.
3. I was rather excited for the bronzer brush and I find the brush shape isn't great for getting into the hollows of my cheeks. I have had moderate success with using this brush with a powder concealer.
4. The buffer brush is the redeemer here. This brush has become one of my favourites and staples. I use this with powder after applying my foundation with a beauty blender and it gives a flawless, airbrushed look. I can't recommend this one enough.

Overall, I think this set is really overhyped. The quality is okay for the price that you are paying but as I mentioned, these underperformed and left me slightly disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlowerPink

The bristles of the brushes are too hard. The big brushes basically scratch my face! I very much regret buying two sets of RT brushes. I should have just buy one brush to try.
It's such a waste of money buying two sets because having read of all the raves about RT brushes, but they actually turn out to be a big lie and disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

I've seen a lot of positive reviews about these brushes, especially the buffing brush. I've previously bought the eye collection and was impressed with that but the core collection blew me away. I mostly use concealer, tinted moisturiser and translucent setting powder and the buffing brush left a flawless finish, especially with 3 completely different textures. I don't wear mineral foundation very much but I'm going to try it as I believe the buffing brush is even better with powder makeup. I found the flat foundation quite good for layering liquid foundation. The detail brush can be used as a lip brush which I thought was so handy as I wouldn't go out and spend money on a lip brush. There are videos on YouTube about how to make the most of these brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mimi2811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would have given this set 5 however I only use the contour brush and the buffing brush - I wish the set featured two other brushes instead. But the buffing brush and contour brush are brilliant. The buffing brush gives more of a full coverage so for lighter more sheer coverage, I believe the stippling brush is better for that. The contour brush is excellent for both contour colours and blush. I would definitely recommend as the set is excellent value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

First the bad - the contouring brush started coming apart on first use! I was gently dotting powder highlighter above my cheek bone and it left behind more hairs than highlighter. So disappointing because the rest of the brushes are great. The foundation brush is perfect for applying the heavy duty concealer I need by the face load. Buffing brush works a charm with gel foundation to achieve a smooth finish, but I often use the RT blending brush for this too with very impressive results. Detail brush is fabulous for fine eyeshadow and liner work alike and offers nice control and pigment transfer. Such a shame I had to remove a lippy for the dud contour brush, but hopefully dodgy glue won't ruin my love for the rest of the set.