Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 7/2/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought these brushes to replace old ones while I save for some nice ones and I'm finding them very useful -I may not even replace them! My one complaint, however, is that the foundation brush is way to small. I prefer a slightly bigger one. This one is small and leaves things a bit streaky (although I always use a blending sponge anyway). Love the contour and blending brush though. Detail brush hasn't been used mush yet (my skin is blemish free for once so I haven't needed concealer -woooo!) but it seems quite good. Can double as a lip brush too but I have a great one of those already.

on 6/29/2015 11:34:00 AM

Best high street store make up brushes I've used. I love the look of them. The design, The brushes them self do everything they say they do and blend make up perfectly. I couldn't fault them.

on 6/29/2015 9:43:00 AM

Best drugstore makeup brushes EVER! I purchased these after using the eye brushes set. I was just as impressed with this set! The design is great as well as the handy packaging which is very useful for travel. The makeup brushes feel high quality and apply foundation really well. They do not malt which is brilliant seeing as I had so much trouble with that with my last brush. Would definitely recommend

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this brush kit - especially the makeup brush - the blunt top works great with my liquid makeups. I can blend and build easily. It is also easy to clean and has held up for over a year - that is pretty good for a kit under 25.00. I highly recommend this kit as your go to fast application kit.

on 6/23/2015 6:54:00 PM

Fantastic brushes, never again will I spend close to $100nz on Mac brushes, I believe these are just as good at a 3rd of the price. I bought the RT Core Collection, love it.
Buffing Brush - perfect foundation application, air brushed and flawless finish, no shedding, holds a good amount of product. I will use the foundation brush for concealer but it's really to small for foundation IMO, love the contour brush.

All of these brushes are multipurpose which is super handy.

These are beautiful brushes and I will be buying the eye shadow brushes very soon.

on 6/21/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Real Techniques so much. All of their brushes are cruelty-free and they are incredibly soft. No shedding issue. I will review each brush individually. I use this set every single day! I am obsessed with this set! If, God forbid, I lose one of the brush I will probably buy the entire set again to replace it. Because I cannot imagine doing my base makeup without these gems!

Buffing Brush - Amazing for buffing out liquid and powder foundation, cc cream, bb cream, tinted moisturizer, and of course powder. I mainly use it for powder because I use the Real Techniques Miracle sponge for my liquid products. But it applies the powder so well, it can get right in my under eye area to set my concealer. Beautiful, beautiful brush!

Contour Brush - Can be use for contouring, to apply bronzer, blush, highlighter and it can also blend the under eye concealer. If you have a round face like me and you really need them cheek bones! You might not enjoy this brush particularly for contouring because it doesn't really chisel it out. It gives a soft contour look, it blends the bronzer and contour powder seamlessly.

Pointed Foundation Brush - Can be used to apply and blend foundation and concealer. I actually use it to blend my concealer because it works so well for this purpose. It fits beautifully in my under eye area and it can really get into the inner corner areas and corners around the nose. Blends everything like a dream giving a airbrush, streak-free finish.

Detailer brush - Can be used to apply concealer, to apply lip products and highlighting your inner corners. I use it to apply concealer and it is so utterly precise! I also use it for pin point concealing.

If you are a beginner then you NEED this set in your life. Your makeup process will get a million times easier. It cost me about $21.50 and it's worth every little penny.
I will definitely repurchase and I recommend you get this amazing, amazing set.

on 6/17/2015 11:58:00 PM

I love these brushes! I am fairly new to doing the full face, use the right tools makeup and these are just so soft. They apply my powders so easily. The only downside is the foundation brush is really small. I feel its more for like under eye concealer.

on 6/3/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these brushes. I think you can't go wrong for the price and I have an in-depth review on my YouTube channel

on 5/26/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Nothing to say here that hasn't already been said. Everyone needs to add this to their makeup collection! I had tons of brushes and didn't think these would add much to my routine. But I use each one every day I wear makeup.

This is how I use them:
1. Pointed Foundation: I did not try using this for foundation but instead I use it for highlighting certain parts (using Ben Nye banana powder). I apply it right underneath the contouring on my cheekbones and it really sculpts and defines them further/makes them pop. The brush is actually the perfect shape and consistency for this. Also use above my eyebrows.
2. Detailer brush: perfect for concealing really small blemishes. If you're a perfectionist like me, it's rare to find a concealer brush that is this small for the very very small details.
3. Buffing Brush: I use this for foundation on days when I want a slightly more natural look. Usually, I use the Expert Face Brush which gives a near perfect look. This one provides more sheer coverage (although not sheer coverage by any means).
4. Contour Brush: the brush I use to contour my whole face, except my nose. I used ot use the setting brush, but I prefer this one and use that for highlighting instead!

on 5/21/2015 12:56:00 PM

Got these for my Christmas about a year or two ago and I absolutely love them, they apply product quickly and easily, the handle for them also is a nice shape for good grip just to be extra precise these brushes are also easy to clean and don't take long to dry

Popular Makeup Brushes