November 21, 2014 | 1666 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by em55

This bronzer is amazing! It stays on all day, much stronger staying power than powdery bronzers due to it's creamy base. The colour gives a natural sun-kissed glow that suits all skin tones, definitely a must have - the best bronzer I've ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was never a big bronzer fan until I discovered this product. Actually, rewind that: I wanted to bronze myself up but had never found a product that didn't make me look like a brown-orange glittery mess. I wanted subtle yet effective, and that is what Soleil Tan De Chanel gives you.

I use this when I am going for a dewy effect and skipping the powder products, which is pretty much my 5 days a week routine. I love using this under both my Clinique CC cream and liquid foundations for a full bronzing effect, although I usually use this product just for contouring. When contouring with this product it never looks overdone and has a slight sheen on its own so I always skip highlighting when using this (I think the 2 would be too much in all honesty). It glides on the skin, is silky smooth, and goes from a gel/mouse-ish/cream to a slightly dry finish once applied. This is the perfect alternative bronzer or contour for dry skin types - I never have build up or patchiness at all. I like to apply this by buffing if under makeup, or using either my MAC 108 or a small stippling brush if contouring.

I am really in love with this amazing multi-tasker. While pricey at $48.00 for 1 oz, I think it's definitely worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by xcandisx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a MUST HAVE for me!! i Love it so much! a gorg bronze for ur face makes u look tanned & glowing with no sparkle or glitter! it used to be £29 but has recently gone up in price to £32 which is quite expensive i think but worth every penny as it lasts ages! u can also use all over the body if u need to touch up self tan or have a white bit! i use it with a short haired kabuki brush & just love it hope this review helps x

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin broke out everywhere I put this. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up perfectly. Very disappointing since it does give a nice colour. I also didn't like that my skin felt "tacky" to the touch after I applied it, and it never really soaked in. Returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Meriange

Love the bronzing effect that it gives. It is very subtle and the tone is okey for my skin. Probably i would change the packaging, i consider it too heavy and big.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This was a product that was on my shopping list as pending for so long. I was never on the fence so much with a product than I was with this bronzer. I finally bought it and I'm very happy with it. I am extremely picky when it comes with bronzer. So many qualites I look for in a bronzer: 1. Tone 2. Color Depth 3. Finish 4. Ingredients 5. Staying Power & 6. Formulation. I haven't truly found a bronzer that scored a perfect 10 in all six categories. I've tried ALL of the popular bronzers such as Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, NARS Laguna, Benefit Hoola, most of Physicans Formula, MUFE, MAC, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and most drugstore bronzers. The two main reasons why I was so on the fence with this particular bronzer was 1. Cream based and 2. Palomino's review. I have very oily skin so I would be insane to buy a cream based bronzer. Also, nothing worse than an orange toned bronzer >_< THE WORST! After reading Palomino's review, I pretty much made up my mind. But, Palomino and I are completely different skin tones so I checked out You Tube reviews on this bronzer by people with darker skin tones and came across YAZMakeUpArtist. YAZ sold me on it! For people with deeper medium skin tones to dark skin, this bronzer is SUBTLE and you need to build it. But, it builds up very naturally and I didn't find it orange at all on my NC40 Olive skin. All pros with this bronzer and for being such an outstanding quality bronzer, it is worth the fifty bucks.
PACKAGING: 1oz Large flat round container that is clear and a black screw top cap with the gold Chanel logo on top.
PROS: 1. Even though this is a cream based bronzer, it did not fade, crease or melt off my very oily skin. It didn't appear greasy on the skin either. It just looked natural. 2. It will last for hours without fading away. I did set this with a setting powder though. 3. It has a matte finish! YES, truly matte no shimmers! 4. Natural tone for darker skin tones. Doesn't appear orange. 5. Doesn't clog pores or cause berakouts. 6. Builds up for desired pigmentation without looking cakey or obvious.
CONS: None
TIP: I use the ELF Small Stippling brush with this bronzer for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly love everything about this great product. I like the big flat container.. it's so easy to swirl my Sephora pro bronzer brush #45 in this cool jar. Because of the inner cap and tightly closing outer cap, I've had this for months and there isn't even a hint of it drying out.
Some days I just want a touch of it... what lovely subtle shading it does. Some days I want it everywhere! I can't emphasis enough how happy I am that it isn't full of sparkles! It's not orange! It blends perfectly with whatever foundation I'm using always looking very natural.
It blends into my hairline and I never get scary old lady mask lines from it. I swirl it onto my neck and the back of my hands when I have the time and the mood is right.
My skin doesn't feel it, I don't react negatively to it in any way. Although it is just as expensive as other Chanel products, it is really lasting a long time.
And did I mention there are no sparkles?!
It would take some doing to convince me to purchase any other bronzer.
This one gives me a happy face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by choconoonna

This is my second Bronzer after NARSissist, I don't know about the glow people were raving about it, but this Soleil Tan de Chanel gave me the right subtle dimension as bronzing make up base should be. I'm NW20, using N20 for Chanel's.

I'm not into bronzer before, since fair skin is adored here, but then I knew that I had a bit dead face until the bronzer touched my cheek. Even wwithout make up on, I swirl a bit this lovely bronzer to add dimension and slimmer cheek..

This bronzer is available only in one color, but I think suitable for most skin colors and type. The case is sturdy and lovely, rounded case like Poudre Universelle Libre, but shorter. I just wish Chanel provide us with the brush. I'm using this with Sigma Kabuki. The smell is just like Chanel's, and I didn't develop any allergic reaction on it, eventhough I have very sensitive acne prone with combination skin, tends to very oily at T-zone.

Luv, luv, and definitely will buy again, altough the Le Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-color seems tempting. For the price I bought at Soetta's Duty Free, it's definitely well-worth since it will take a year more to hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG bronzer for me! I have never liked bronzers because they always look orange and muddy on my NC15 skin. I've been eyeing this product for years, but recently splurged and I'm really glad I did. Yes it is expensive but look at how much product you're getting. It is a cream and you only need the smallest amount. I use a duo fiber brush to apply it with a light hand. There is NO orange in this. It just looks sunkissed in a natural way. I've seen tutorials where it is applied over liquid foundation, but I hate foundation. I wear concealer and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light. This bronzer, even though it is a cream, does not disturb my other makeup. I just apply it after my powder and blush so I can gauge how much color I need. I would definitely repurchase, but I doubt I'll need to anytime soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by palomino1701