Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 5/26/2015 3:50:00 AM

It gives me the most natural bronzing effect that I could ever imagine. Loves the packaging and the creamy texture so much. If price is not the problem, I would forever purchase this product. But then this product lasts for ages so it's definitely worth-it.

on 5/25/2015 6:24:00 PM

I never thought that by looking at this product in the container that it would work on my olive medium skin tone without looking orangey. It's probably the most deceitful product in that you can't appreciate the effects until you apply it to your face. I had been using TooFaced Chocolate Soleil Matte bronzing powder previously and was unable to find this at a local counter. The last SA at a semi-local counter laughed when I asked if they had it in stock.
I had to order it online via Nordstrom. I am SO glad i did. This product really is amazing. It's essentially a cream formula of Hourglass Radiant IF HG was more pigmented. In terms of flattering and perfecting the skintone its very similar. I'm a huge fan of the HG ambient lighting powders.

This is easily buildable mostly depending on what brush you use. I prefer the MAC 187 duo-fibre brush to provide a very airbrushed appearance without depositing too much product at once. Based on the very dense quality of this product, I think this one container will last at least a year. It cost 48.00 USD if memory serves and I would most definitely buy a replacement if it disappeared etc. I think most fans of the product would pay twice it's sticker price if they marked it up that much.

The texture is perfect, it just glides smoothly over the skin giving it the most glow, bronzed natural healthy finish. It has a faint but pleasant smell that reminds me of suntan lotion. In a good way- faintly coconutty/aloe based. I will never be without this product having been spoiled now. It really is that good.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Worth every penny! Looks muddy brown in container, but give off very subtle, natural "tan" to skin. Can never over-do bcoz it's something you can build and build. Been using it daily for a year and half, and hitting pan in the middle, so now working on edge. Definitely a re-purchase, truimped all other bronzer.

Asian
NC20-25
Chanel B20 Claire
GA Lasting Silk 4.5
Diorsnow 020

on 5/23/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC40-NC42 and was worried that this wouldn't show up on my skintone. It's very subtle but can be built up and blends like a dream. It's cream to powder but never looks cakey or overdone. You should be using a synthetic brush with it. It's super versatile. You could get away with using it as a foundation or even an undereye concealer to cancel out dark circles. This is a must have product. It creates such a subtle glow.

on 4/25/2015 6:20:00 PM

This stuff is Amazing!

I bought this a year ago and I still have a good few months left, and I use it pretty much everyday.

A little goes a long long way, it has a subtle glow like you have come back from a week in the sun.

It's light and creamy with little sparkle so it doesn't look like you have a disco ball face.
It highlights and contours without having to work in to the skin loads.

I was reluctant at first buying this because of the price tag but because it's so good I will have no hesitation buying it again.

It never looks cakey or orange and the creme is a really nice texture on the skin. You can wear this without foundation for a day look and with foundation aswell, but I wouldn't go over board when using with foundation a little definitely goes a long way!

I have combination skin, never ever dries my skin or makes it excessively oily which is one of the only products that I find a really good balance.

This will stay in my makeup bag forever!

I had been wanting this bronzer for so long and was always too paranoid about spending the money and hating it. But last week on a trip to Sydney I finally sucked it up and forked out the $77 AUD for it. Definitely worth it. It blends amazingly and is perfect for contouring. I know it's marketed as a bronzing makeup base but it definitely works better as a bronzer or contour product. Not as orange as it looks in the container and it really warms up the skin. It looks like it will last forever since the pot is huge but I'll definitely repurchse if I ever run out.

on 3/29/2015 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this product upon watching Jaclyn Hill's 2014 favourites video on YouTube as a treat to myself. I went into my local Myer, handed over the $77 and walked out with my first Chanel product, beaming with excitement to try my brand new cream bronzer.

The next morning, I opened up the beautiful packaging, and my eyes laid upon this slightly shimmery, orange based (which is a bit intimidating to look at... I did not want to pay that much money and look like an oompa loompa) mousse like formula that smelt divine. I swirled my brush around in it and applied it to the hollows of my cheeks and it was such an amazing colour... almost like a summery, bronzey glow. It looked SO natural... and did not come out shimmery at all and blended like butter, and it definitely WAS NOT as orangey as it appears in the container.

This product I believe is worth the money - you only need a tiny bit and it does the job. It will last FOREVER, and it is really high quality. If you have the cash to splash on a luxury bronzer, you need this. I would definitely repurchase if I were to run out (which I don't think is anytime soon...)!!

on 3/19/2015 3:30:00 PM

This is my second bulky jar. The first one lasted me 2 1/2 years. This product is perfect for bringing life back into my mature and dull skin. Foolproof bronzing and contouring. I will apply on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and under my jaw for contouring. I will even use it in the crease when I am in a hurry. I like to apply it with my real techniques contour brush. The effect is subtle, it disappears into my fair to medium skin. Downsides for me is brush-hair is sitting in this beautiful product, and not travel friendly.

on 3/16/2015 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I only recently pulled this out from the back of my drawer to try again. Good stuff. I use it as a makeup base, after moisturiser but before foundation, and it makes my makeup perfect. I am pale and so this way it's not too dark on me. Makes my pores look teensy weeny. That's all I can say really. It is quite pricey and not easy to cart around (heavy glass jar) but there is no need anyway as it lasts all day and keeps my makeup fresh. Worth every penny (and there were quite a few pennies - about 3200 from what I recall).

on 3/14/2015 4:42:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! This bronzer is so different to all other bronzers on the market; it is so subtle, natural and not overloaded with shimmer. I held off buying this for a year but finally took the plunge and bought it a few weeks ago; mainly because it costs AUD67. Now that I own it and have used it almost daily, I can say it is well worth the money. The product provides a very subtle bronze/glow, like you've been sitting in the sun for a few hours. It just makes the skin look so healthy! You can use this for a subtle contour but don't expect the hardcore definition that the Kardashians sport; hence making it perfect for the weekend/minimal makeup look. The packaging is a shallow but wide circular container and the product is a harden mousse like texture that can be difficult to pick up on the brush (which is a good thing to me as there is not a lot of wastage). As you need so little of it to get the desired tanned glowy look, I can see that this will last a long, long time. I absolutely love this and will definitely recommend and repurchase!

Popular Bronzers