July 30, 2014 | 2060 users online

Eye Shadow - 2 Grrrls - Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Flame Dance

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: Described on the Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site as "metallic deep red/orange [that] absolutely drips with golden sparkle," this color is unique, special, and very bold. I personally would use this shade only for evening wear. Someone with more MU guts that I may like it for daytime wear :-)
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: This color made me think of a fall day, near the end of the season, when a blur of brightly colored died leaves fall and are blown by the wind through a swath of brilliant sunlight. Absolutely captivating.
Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/). Shipping is really fast, and there's a unique feature on the site: "raw photos." There's a link under each color that shows photos (in a new window) that are blurred and/or taken in different lighting so you can see all aspects of that particular color's sparkle and other properties! Brilliant help in choosing the right color!
Price: Average among most indie start-ups: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt]).
Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.
Would I buy again: Actually no, but only because my simple lifestyle does not invite the use of such a glorious color. However, I may buy another sample to have on hand and would definitely replace if it spilled or got lost :-) continued >>