October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Eye Shadow - 2 Grrrls - Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Opulent

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: Described on the Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site as "the finest pale ivory drenched in sparkle of pink, gold, copper, and silver," I loved this brow bone (BB) highlighter! I lent a neutral to warm sparkly glow to my brow bone. It definitely leans warm but is neutral enough to war with any lid color IMHO.
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: Not applicable for a BB highlight!
Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/). Shipping is really fast, and there's a unique feature on the site: "raw photos." There's a link under each color that shows photos (in a new window) that are blurred and/or taken in different lighting so you can see all aspects of that particular color's sparkle and other properties! Brilliant help in choosing the right color!
Price: Average among most indie start-ups: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt]).
Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.
Would I buy again: I'm waiting on a custom color from Dawn, and I may buy opulent in FS if that color isn't what I was hoping for :-) continued >>