July 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Smooth Effect Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

Using shade #45, Creamy Ivory and before that shade #50, Natural.

I've bought this foundation twice, once out of pure curiosity and desperation and the second time as I'm generally pretty pleased with it.
I generally prefer Max Factor's foundations as they tend to be more pink-based than yellow, and do not hold such a great yellow undertone as do many others. Really Max Factor were the only ones who didn't hold such a strong Oompa Loompa look.
I previously used Max Factor Xperience but found it was discontinued in my country and so picked up this on a whim.

PROS:
*I find it provides a dewy look to your skin, with with someone who has normal to dry in the winter months skin, it is certainly a welcome change.
* Easy to apply and generally pretty even coverage.(when using hands).
* Botte is great, makes for easier application and less mess.
* Great for people with paler complexions
* Nice texture, smooth

CONS:
* Although more pink based than others, be careful on applying too much and being left with a still somewhat orange-y aftertone.
* Although it creates the appearance of dewey skin, if something such as primer or moisturiser is not applied underneath it can look quite dry.
* Smell is a little off putting - but that's relatively minor
* In sunlight, it really brings out all your pores and imperfections

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by KwonCheRen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fits my skin tone great ( wich is unusual since i have very fair skin with a yellow tone)
i use it as my everyday foundation only using this and powder.
It lacks a bit in pigment but is very good at removing some uneven skin or weaker redness.
Stays on all day and doesn't make skin oily or shiny at all.
it's one of the best foundations i have tried and lasts quite long for someone like me with pretty good skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by mariafromcali

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The worse thing about this foundation was the tendency it had to lay thicker in my pores, so the effect was sheer with tiny little dots around my T-area. It looked awful. I even tried with primer, but that didn't help either. It seems you must already have smooth skin to have the smooth effect. I threw away the tube barely used, what a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

In the winter creamy ivory is my exact shade, i am very pale and my skin is very clear, the foundation is very sheer and natural, i love it for my skin for daytime. But if you want higher coverage for night time or you have a blemish, this will not cover it for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

not much coverage,but it looks natural and i liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smooth upon application but after a few hours it seems to melt off—very poor oil control. Also, it smells terrible: sour and plastic-y.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Noellae

I would not recommend this product as it didn't have nearly the enough coverage as I was looking for and it looks really cake-y and dried up when put on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lilangelhana

Not very good coverage - much more like a base than a foundation. However did come in handy for a bit of tint before swimming ect on holiday.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is not for oily/combination skin. It looks good at first but it melts off my face in about 3 hours. The lightest shade is a little too dark for my fair skin. It has medium coverage I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by povarynur