April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Smooth Effect Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

In the winter creamy ivory is my exact shade, i am very pale and my skin is very clear, the foundation is very sheer and natural, i love it for my skin for daytime. But if you want higher coverage for night time or you have a blemish, this will not cover it for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

not much coverage,but it looks natural and i liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smooth upon application but after a few hours it seems to melt off—very poor oil control. Also, it smells terrible: sour and plastic-y.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Noellae

I would not recommend this product as it didn't have nearly the enough coverage as I was looking for and it looks really cake-y and dried up when put on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lilangelhana

Not very good coverage - much more like a base than a foundation. However did come in handy for a bit of tint before swimming ect on holiday.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is not for oily/combination skin. It looks good at first but it melts off my face in about 3 hours. The lightest shade is a little too dark for my fair skin. It has medium coverage I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by povarynur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yeah:D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, just wow.
At first I was impressed with this, I liked the coverage, the shade seemed perfect for my skin and it felt very lightweight on my skin. It was really difficult to blend though, took a few goes to get it to look decent.
But, as it dried into my skin, it went bright FREAKING orange and patchy.
Awful, awful foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by MennaSmith97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I loved it, then again it was the 1st foundation I'd ever bought so I couldn't compare it to other ones. The consistency isn't bad and there's a lot of product in the tube so it's good value for money but, for me when I apply it it looks nice but sticks to all my dry patches and in my eyebrows making them look orange. You definitely need to set this with powder but even after setting it in less than 2 hours I look like a greaseball. I have shiny/oily acne prone typical teenage skin and for me this is an absolute nightmare. I hate looking in the mirror at school because I know this foundation will be half way down my face. Although the packaging says it's oil free, I wouldn't recommend this foundation for oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Amarins

I bought this foundation yesterday and I regret it so much! :( I'm definitely not an makeup expert, this is actually the first real foundation I bought, but I'd like to share my review with you anyway. When I saw this foundation in a local drugstore I was so thrilled, because I never find foundations that are light enough for my very pale skin. I thought this (I bought creamy ivory) matched my skincolour perfectly, but when I tried it on my face when I came home I saw that it is very orangy. I's definitely not a good match for people with a very pale skin and pink undertones like me. The texture of this foundation is also really bad. I'm not sure what the right word in english for it is, maar in Dutch we call it 'korrelig'. It's not smooth at all and looks kind of dried out. It's also quite hard to apply even (but this may be because I'm a total foundation rookie).
+ price is okay
+packaging is okay (but nothing special)

-horrible texture (looks dried out)
-looks orange

I would definitely not recommend this product at all!