October 31, 2014 | 887 users online

Foundations - Fashion Fair - oil free cream to powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by avoight

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used the Fashion Fair foundation since February of this year and I have gotten compliments left and right. It can be difficult to get the right foundation but this one is the best and I plan on continuing to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by SunshineGee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi, I've been in search for a foundation for months. I never used foundation before but at the age of 42 I began to get a little acne and decided I wanted to used something that would give me a flawless look. Well, it has been a journey because it is so hard for consultant to match me... it was either too yellow, too red, too ashy, too matte, too oily, too light, or too dark. I've tried Jane Iredale (small bumps), Chanel several samples (too oily, too drying, too yellow), Lancome (too yellow), Bobbi Brown (too yellow), Clinique (too dark)...so, I was getting very frustrated. I went to three different Fashion Fair consultants that all gave me different options. I was thankful for the last consultant because she was on point. I am a tan in the cream to powder that is perfect, and I love that I don't have to set it with foundation. This is definitely my day time foundation. It feel light, and it is not too oily or drying. I have combination skin (oily T-zone/dry). I was prescribed Retin-A so that tend to dry my skin a little to so good moisturizing is a must for me, as well as finding a foundation that not too drying. I've been using it for a week now so hopefully it doesn't break me out.

For the night, I use the Fashion Fair mineral liquid in Soulful Tan and it give me that extra glow... It's a tab darker but it looks absolutely beautiful. Love it!

I use a stippling brush to apply both foundations so that I have a light coverage and I use the Rae Morris Radiance brush to blend... It look so natural that I've been getting a lot of compliments and questions such as what have I done to my skin. Someone asked me if I had botox...LOL

Well, I never thought to try to FF, but I am so happy that I did. I just hope that it doesn't break me out. So far so good!

So, if you are in search for a foundation, stop by the fashion fair counter and give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Sometimes it takes a good consultant to give the right recommendation. I end up becoming an expert after so many different opinions and everyone telling me wow you not yellow, you not red but a combination of both. The other two consultants only recommended the mineral liquid. The first gave me a color too dark (carmel), however, also recommended soulful tan that I kept to use at night and probably more during the summer months. The second gave me a color too light (sexy sand). My point is that you may have to get other recommendations until you get it right.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had an overwhelming desire to try Fashion Fair again since a foundaiton-matching website said I had a match. I tried it in the creme to powder formulation because the description promised oil control.

The color recommended by the foundation matching site was correct, and the coverage is decent and buildable, but the claim of oil control is false. I have had to blot more today than with other foundations. I would like this foundation more if it: controlled oil, was a tad more neutral to match me a little better, really melded with my skin instead of visibly sitting on top of it and did not come in that cheap, unnecessarily large compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the coverage you get from this foundation. I know it says cream to powder but I set the foundation with powder to help with transfer. Wide range of colors and great for WOC undertones.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this for a few weeks before reviewing. Fashion Fair has improved the shades and now offers 17 shades. At first everyone was trying to get me into Pure Brown. With the expanded spectrum, I am a perfect Java. The formulation is truly cream to powder. I agree with another reviewer that it can appear heavy so I too sheer it out by spraying my brush with MAC Fix+ and the finish is lovely and even. This is way better than MAC Studio Tech and Mineralize (which I loved for a while). The color does not oxidies and stays fresh over the MAC Prep + Prime. I will purchase again.

EDIT: Umm, it looks ashy and I looked overly done. I returned shortly after my posting. Colors were on point but the formulation is still not right. I was trying to hard in my mind to make it work. I really wanted to like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation but why in the world did they add titanium dioxide to the ingredients? No matter what foundation I use, when they use physical sunblock ingredients such as titanium dioxide or zinc oxide, it leaves a gray cast on my deep skin tone. I look like I am dead with this foundation and I hate that. It is very obvious when I take a picture. I will continue trying other foundations by Fashion Fair but dang I wish they omitted that ingredient.

But on the plus side, it does over decent coverage. I usually use MAC Fix+ spray to make it spread more sheerly and to make it look like skin instead of a mask.

I am a NW45/NW50 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! I'm a women of color and Fashion Fair was my first introduction into makeup. At the time (early 1980's) there was not much to choose so this was ok, but it was heavy and masklike and OMG it got on everything. So, I moved away from Fashion Fair and If anyone mentioned it I assumed it was the same old formulation. I WAS WRONG! Fashion Fair has improved. I purchased the C2P (brown blaze) a couple of months ago and can only rave. I'm oily so it was pleasant surprise that this kept me oil free (had to blot once) without any oxidation (is that how you spell it??). This is NOT the makeup from years ago. I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, forget what you have heard in the past about fashion fair foundation. their makeup is now revised and it is THE BOMB! i received excellent customer service from the associate at the counter. she took one look at my skin and was able to tell me the perfect shade for me. i have a medium brown skin tone with yellow undertones. the shade i wear is brown blaze. this makeup alone conceals my dark spots very well.i dont have to use any concealer.i apply it with my sonia kashuk pointed foundation brush. it feels very light on my skin and doesnt make me feel like im wearing a mask. the first day that i wore it to work, i received many compliments.my co-workers said that my skin looked so smooth and radiant.

UPDATE: 6/21/11
although i've loved this makeup since day one, i was very concerned that it might break me out. i have very sensitive skin and i have to be careful about what i use on it. well im happy to report that this makeup does NOT break me out!!! YAY! the only thing i dont like about this makeup is that it settles into my undereye creases.

TIP:
if you are oily like me..use the FF oil control powder to set this foundation. my shade is toffee caramel. LOVE it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No