Mirenesse Cougar Mascara Comb On 24hr Liquid Lashes

Oh hell what a mess.

To be fair I like my mascara fairly minimal and dryish.

I am very fidgetty about blobs so I'd rather have a whisp of colour than anything more dramatic if its going to include bitty bits or fibry bits, or actually bits of any sort!
Also I can put on what is supposedly waterproof mascara or liner and look like I've spent hours howling when all I've done is walk down the stairs so it needs to be tube mascara.

Ordinarily Mirenesse mascaras are fantastic as far as I am concerned. They aren't generally too fibry or clumpy and they are tube mascara - so as long as I sit long enough for them to dry (maybe a minute) they don't smudge or streak or wander down my face, and even if later I rub my eyes, the worse I end up with is the odd flake.

But this stuff!?! Is it just me? It was all over my eyes and fingers in seconds. I soon realised there wasn't even any hope of rescuing my eyeshadow and had to clean off pretty much half my face. Ugh.

So. If you like wet, thick, really OTT mascara then maybe give it a go.
For me probably not - unless I try it again and get someone else to apply it and lie still for 10 minutes. However - given I'm not inclined to pass on used mascara - my only other thought is to leave it open for several hours and see if it improves. If it does I will update.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara, but I'm a fan of the comb mascara wands for more dramatic volume - I have used their regular secret weapon mascara, however it looks very natural and can sometimes smudge a little if I've been sweating it out at the gym. I use the L'Oreal Beauty tubes for daytime instead now, and Mirenesse Cougar for evening (or Diorshow with Clarins waterproofer!). It's one of my HG mascaras, look out for deals on the Mirenesse website to buy it a lot cheaper.

I got this product free and was quite suspicious, but I'm so glad I tried it. It's shocking to see how many bad reviews it has gotten, because it's the best mascara I've ever used! Easily doubles my length - volume not so much, but I've got quite thick lashes anyway. Very easy to apply with the brush, and very easy to take off at the end of the day or not (it comes off in little miniscule tubes, very cool!) It keeps the lashes separate and defined all day/night, and even without the help of an eyelash curler (something which I never go without) it keeps them in the same style (even after HOURS!) Amazing product, will definitely be purchasing again!! Worth it! x

I got this as a freebie and was excited to try it, as I like 'comb'-application mascaras. Initially (while new and not lumpy) I really liked it. It was easy to apply and gave me great definition. It was definitely a bit wet. As previously mentioned, when removing the mascara all that is really needed is some warm water and it comes off in tubes/lines (quite funny). After about a week the mascara started getting thicker and lumpier and it's no longer effective, now it just clumps up my lashes with wet goo. Overall, I'm a little bit disappointed. I wish it had continued to do what it did in the first week, as it was working wonderfully. Its RRP is $40, which is quite expensive for what it is.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

According to the Mirenesse website, this mascara is originally AU$39.95, but I bought it for $8. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price. For nearly $40, I expect the mascara to be a miracle worker. This was terrible. Although some people say there was length but no volume, I was the opposite.

- I did get a bit of volume.

- Very wet. Although it does say it's "glossy".
- Gooey clumps of mascara on the comb every time.
- As soon as I blinked, it was on my eyelids and under my eyes.
- No length.
- Expensive for such a bad mascara.
- Not waterproof like it says.
- The comb is tiny! So small, you can barely see the teeth. It's so awkward to use.

It was so strange when I removed the mascara in the shower. The mascara comes off easily in little 'tubes'. Not necessarily bad, you just wouldn't want be stuck out in the rain on a warm day. I just used warm water, without any remover and the mascara came off completely.

You're better off not buying this.