December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Treatments (Face) - Chanel - Hydra Beauty SÚrum (new 2011)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by trangbuum

I love this serum so much.. I can start noticing my skin transformation within 5 days using it. Now I regret of only buying the 30 ml, which lasted 3 months for me. I only use this serum in the morning as the base for my make up. It absorbs to the skin really fast. I just love ittt.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mn002929

Let's start with my skin type; VERY sensitive, very dry around the cheeks, annoyingly oily in the t-zone.

A bit reluctant to try this at first because of my irritable skin, but so glad I gave it a shot.

Pros;
- heavenly scent (very luxurious)
- extremely hydrating
- skin was plumped and very soft
- visibly reduces fine lines on areas where serum was applied vs area without serum
- skin absorbs the serum very quickly
- convenient packaging (pump bottle)
- redness reduced significantly
- brightened complexion

Cons;
(Non)

I use this with the hydra beauty cream and they work really well together creates a very soft, hydrated base for make up. Hydration lasts all day. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mgates31790

I got this as a gift from a friend who works for Chanel with rave reviews. However, when I used it, I was underwhelmed.
I have dry skin, so the serum was not nearly as moisturizing as I needed it to be. I also noticed that in some areas of my face I felt a burning sensation after applying. The smell, however, is just amazing. If I could bottle the scent and use as a perfume I would!
That being said, with the amount of fragrance, it is probably not a good idea for those with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by meeschka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this serum. to be fair, i havent ever used another serum, so i hesitate to give it five stars without comparing it to anything else. i could also say that im removing one star because its heavily fragranced and they could definitely tone that down a bit.

anywho, its a great serum. i love how it makes my skin feel. my skin drinks it up right away and it feels super smooth and even. i apply it with hydra beauty eye gel before putting on my moisturizer. it makes my skin feel a little plumper, a little smoother, even gives it a little glow (maybe im dreaming, who knows..)... in any case, ever since my SA at chanel told me about it and gave me a sample to try, it has become by fav product to use every day/night. my skin looks more refreshed in general.

i use it with the chanel resynchronizing skincare line, but im starting to think it might give better results with the hydra beauty creme. something to try in the future.

the packaging is great: the usual simple, minimalist chanel packaging and each squirt is the perfect amount.

as i mentioned at the beginning of my review, the only thing i would change is the fragrance. its a bit too strong. not recommended for people who are sensitive to fragrance. also, as other reviewers have mentioned, this serum contains alcohol. i dont always consider that a bad thing, but just fyi.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by jillmurdoch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, rich serum, divinely scented, melts into your skin that immediately feels softer and less dry. I've tried many serums but this one is the best and my skin looks and feels better than using anything else. Beautifully packaged, the only downside is the cost but the perfect product when you need a treat or when your skin needs some extra TLC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Kajoo

This is new formula now, I love it even more than the last one. I never thought Chanel could have good serums or creams, I liked their blushes and lipsticks but not the skincare range. Until I tried their hydra beauty serum(hydramax before). That was 4-5 years ago and I am still in love. I change it now and then but I always return to this one. It shows results and hydrates my skin. Now I also use it together with hydra beauty cream and recently I purchased hydra beauty essence mist.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I've used the hydra beauty range since it came out here in NZ and I've always been impressed. This serum is no exception. First off, the packaging is flawless, classic Chanel. The serum itself is light to the touch and has an almost creamy consistency that once smoothed onto the skin is absorbed instantly. My skin feels more plumped, more radiant and more hydrated. I was very hesitant spending so much on a serum but after I had a facial and the specialist tried it on me I was hooked. I don't know about the inclusion of Blue Ginger and how that is meant to protect your skin, but with how it hydrates my skin I think I'm sold!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Regarding the use of alcohol in this serum (or any other serum) --- alcohol functions as a barrier to lock moisture in because oil and water do not mix. So the use of alcohol isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

That said, this is a lightweight moisturizer with a small amount of antioxidants and silicones. Packaging, texture and scent is lovely.

If you need minimal moisture and you love prestige packaging, Hydra Beauty would be a decent choice.

I got mine free, so I use it casually.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off, i've been quite a big fan of Chanel skincare over the years, especially their 'Precision' range, but for the past couple of years i've been heavily using products by La Prairie, Creme De La Mer and Sisley. This serum, which is a rather milky lotion type of serum, definitely provides instant plumping, which is great, but when compared to the texture and feel of La Prairie serums its like comparing water with Champagne. The La Prairie serums are totally on another level (but then so is the price). An okay product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this product feels on my skin. I have dry/combination skin these days and this serum feels light, non greasy and absorbs easily into my skin.
The scent is lovely. Product hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way (even though I noticed another reviewer said one of the main ingredients was alcohol. I've lost the ingredients list so can't check)

Very happy and will repurchase