July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lacquer in Acrylicka

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only MAC lacquer that I own, but I love it. It's a reddish pink with subtle shimmer. This is my go-to going out gloss since it really brightens up my face and gives my lips a pop without being too garish, but I definitely wouldn't wear this unless I was going out/dressing up. I'm a big fan of natural lip colors, so others may disagree with me on that, because it is by no means an unnatural shade. The lacquers are a combination between a gloss and a lipstick, and this is definitely very pigmented for a gloss but I don't need to put lip gloss over it in order for it to be shiny. The one thing I don't like about the packaging is the brush applicator--it takes a while to spread the color evenly. I prefer wand applicators or squeeze tubes. The texture is less sticky than the lipglasses but it is long-lasting and feels comfortable on. I would definitely recommend this product for a lip gloss that really draws attention to your lips without being garish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! Got this on impulse, and at first i was a little wary of the deep colour - i usually go for frosty pinks and corals - but this turns out a beautiful rose pink on me. Gorgeous and sexy! Normally reds look way too bright but this works on my PPP, Asian cool-toned skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by watergirl78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap and I like the color. I'm MMM/GGG and this is the only rosy/mauvey color I've ever been able to wear. I can't comment on the price since I didn't purchase it, but when it runs out, I probably will buy it. I'm taking off one lippie for the bizarre perfumey scent which is horrible but fades quickly. The lasting power of this lacquer is great, and it does not dry out my lips at all (in fact, I find them quite moisturized after this fades). Overall, a great product, and I even tend to avoid MAC. UPDATE: I find that I don't reach for this l/g very often. The formula looks too plasticky for my taste - I prefer sheers. Although it is nice for what it is, I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sakigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's what I wear when I don't want the traditional red lipstick look. I rarely use it though, so I probably won't re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 11:53:00 AM More reviews by fortchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this color. This is a beautiful deep rose, and it would look great on a person with deeper skin tones. I'm NW20, and with my pouty lips, this is just too much. It's a shame though, because this is a very beautiful color. I'll keep it in my stash and hopefully during a future rediscovery, I will love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2005 3:56:00 AM More reviews by kengsum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty deep rose with subtle shimmer on my lips. But it just doesn't give me the look I'm hoping for. Though this is definitely perfect for the conservative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by AmeriGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this awhile ago when MAC just came out with them. They had fewer colors then they do now. I have very pale skin and when I ware this Arcylicka shade people give me complimates about my lips. The color is beautiful rose. The SA told me about the brush is better than the sponge tip applicator because the brush gives maximum shine and pigment compared to the sponge. The price is good because of the large tube (about twice the size of Lipglass) and the pigment is rich and long lasting. Its also not sticky like other lipglosses. I currently have Acrylicka, Varneesh, and Love-In.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by quickdrawmcgraw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love. Medium mauve/gold in the tube, but looks like a deep rose on me (I'm a blue-white PPP). Goes on thick and goopy and makes your lips look like wet vinyl. I have never had problems with Lacquers bleeding at all, and I never bother using lipliner. This chews off after a while, as all high-gloss lip color will, but compared to others in its class, Lacquers have got some serious staying power. They are also, oddly enough, very moisturizing. My lips always feel awesome after wearing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by cyprine

Wayyyy too coral on me (NC30 with olive undertones) and made me look like a clown. Tasted like soap, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lovinglife

my cherrished high resin rose w/o the gold shimmer! just perfect:) the shade is a lovely pinky mauve w/ very subtle shimmer. i can't stand the brush though.