September 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clear Essence Platinum Line Medicated Fade Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I have an uneven skin tone; lighter on the cheeks and part of my forehead. i tried this product along with the medicated soap. I noticed results real quick and in 2 weeks, I was glowing; my skin was even, no acne!! I never intended to use it for long, and as soon as I stopped, my skin was back to uneven and acne prone. I did not want to use it long because of the dangerous chemicals: hydroquinone! I am now going to try using it once or twice a week only.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Not a nice product to use on your skin - check the Good Guide to see the harmful ingredients used in this range. And not particularly effective either. I know from personal experience. Spend a bit more for something that actually works from a company that doesn't rely on a few fake reviews. Apologies if any of those on MUA (for Clear Essence products) are actually genuine ...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by dedraj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually didn't think this product would work at first, but after the first two weeks it's actually been showing a lot of progression towards lightening dark spots and blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by TheMrsPacheco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream is a moisturizer aimed to help people of color lighten dark discolorations on the skin such as age spots, dark patches or freckles that may occur from medication, pregnancy or exposure to the elements. It does contain a chemical called hydroquinone, which actually lightens skin tones with constant use. Because the hydroquinone is in a small percentage, it does not irritate the skin or cause breakouts.
I use this every night after washing my face or showering. In the morning I use a different product by Clear Essence that has a higher sunscreen content - to prevent freckles or dark spots from coming back.
The cream spreads easily and a little goes a long way. The jar is about 4 ounces and lasts me about 3 months of everyday use.... for under $7, that's not bad at all!