August 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Eye Shadow - 2 Grrrls - Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Ultimate Lavender

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: Described on the Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site as a "dusty lavender sprinkled with borealis sparks and heavy on the silver," I detected a slight blue undertone to this shade. Not so much that I couldn't wear it (I genrally can't do blues at all), but just enough not to make it your "average" lavender.
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: Stunning, slightly blue-toned metallic sheen, extremely similar to AL's Imperial, which I also have and love for its wearability.
Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/). Shipping is really fast, and there's a unique feature on the site: "raw photos." There's a link under each color that shows photos (in a new window) that are blurred and/or taken in different lighting so you can see all aspects of that particular color's sparkle and other properties! Brilliant help in choosing the right color!
Price: Average among most indie start-ups: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt]).
Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.
Would I buy again: Maybe, but I put "yes" because I'd buy at least another sample if one of my cats mysteriously whisked it away! Give it a try if you think you can't pull of blues; you might be surprised! continued >>