December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Shampoo - Schwarzkopf - Gliss - Hair Repair - Colour Protect

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

This shampoo claims to add 150% more shine as it contains cristal
will it really add more shine to my hair & control frizz , but did not
prevent my hair color from fading , but I am still very happy
with the result especially becouse this products cleanse my
hair without making dry . also becouse of the thick formula
less is more when you use this shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The white pearlescent liquid is quite watery, but foams into a rich lather quickly. The shampoo has a floral scent that isn't something that I find pleasant, but it isn't very strong and doesn't linger after my hair has been rinsed, so it's not a problem for me.

I wasn't too thrilled about the cleaning abilities at first; My hair is left very glossy after being washed and at first I mistook it for product build-up and grease. But after a month of use I've decided that despite the glossy appearance my hair is still clean for around two days after being washed.

Whilst that's not bad considering my long, thick hair it's not great, as with some shampoos my hair can go three days between washes. I suppose that being made to protect hair colourants naturally means that the shampoo will be more gentle then others, but I prefer my hair to feel fresher and tingly clean.

I'm using a semi-permanent colour and now have considerable root growth, but the colour is still pretty vibrant - it has faded [top part more then mid-lengths], but it should have more or less be fully washed out by now. Can't argue with results like that, but I'm not sure about having purple hair full-time...

As I bought the shampoo on it's own (nowhere near me sell the matching conditioner) I tried washing my hair without a conditioner; whilst my hair was clean and shiny, it was also knotty, slightly frizzy and rough to the touch. I also noticed that there was a increase in strands of broken hair in my combs and brushes, compared to my previous shampoo brand. I did buy a conditioner in the end (Schwarzkopf Supersoft colour protect) and that did help with the frizz and made my hair easier to detangle, but again not as much as my previous shampoo and conditioner. My hair also still feels rougher then usual too, so I think that you need to use the matching conditioner for moistrizing the hair after cleansing it.

There are some really good points to Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Colour Protect Shampoo; not only does it give my hair a glossy finish, but it has helped my colour to stand up against almost daily washes and has appeared to have had some prolonging effects on it too.

However, being a shampoo formulated for use on coloured hair means that it doesn't have strong enough cleansing effect for me and it also isn't moisturizing enough. I think that both of these issues are due to my thick hair however, so if you have fine/normal hair then I would recommend giving Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Colour Protect Shampoo a try.

I'll continue to use my bottle as the high gloss look has really started to grow on me, but I think that I'll return to the L'Oreal Nutri-gloss range next, as that gives a similar gloss, but is better for cleansing and moisturizing.

If I ever do find the matching conditioner then I'd probably would buy this again; as I'd be interested in seeing if a matching conditioner makes up for the shampoo's harsh feeling effect by adding softness to my hair and reducing the frizz.