Playboy - Lovely

3.7

on 12/9/2014 4:27:00 PM

I don't have much to add to the reviews others have posted about this fragrance. To me, it is less complex and intense than Play It Sexy and Play It Spicy. It's still a very pretty scent, just not as unique as the others, in my opinion. The question about whether I would buy it again kind of puts me in a quandary. If Play It Lovely was the only one of the original three 'Play It' fragrances I could find, I would get it. But I prefer the other two scents. I recommend the edt, but not the body sprays, as they are quite weak and don't last long at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I recently purchased Playboy Play it Sexy for about $7 for 1.7 oz on frangrancenet.com. Most of my perfume collection consists of floral, vanilla, & powdery type scents so I've been on the hunt for a nice sexy, warmer/spicy perfume to wear casually at night time. This is perfect! I LOVE this scent. I wear it during the night time when I'm out with friends or just by myself shopping, etc. it's such a beautiful smell! To me it has almost a vanilla type base but spicy as well...it lasts about 6 hours (EDT) on me. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

Top notes: pink grapefruit, mandarin and pink pepper. Heart: jasmine tea, scented flowers and licorice. Base: vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka.

on 2/26/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Found this in a small size, probably the purse size, minus the rabbit ears, in the clearance bin at Walgreens for under three dollars! Sprayed this on today and it smelled really lovely! I owned more than 100+ fragrances, and this smelled like a lighter version of Britney Spears' Fantasy. This, I like better..

on 1/19/2013 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Sweet floral, very similar to BBW Secret Wonderland. Nice, but no lasting power at all.

floral and soft/vanilla-- this is really feminine and nice, not at all what I expected from playboy!

on 7/10/2012 8:13:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

The perfume bottle is soooo cute that I had to give it a try. It's very pretty sexy girly kind of packaging. This is the lighter of the three playboy versions I saw on the counter. There is the playboy spicy, sexy, and lovely. Lovely is the lightest least offensive of the three. If you love spicy smell, you will love all three fragrances. Lovely is more sweet aquatic spicy. It is less spicy than sexy and spicy playboy version. I think Lovely and Sexy are pretty good PlayBoy fragrances if you can by pass the spiciness. I think they smell so much better without it. It consists mostly of citrus fruits, sweet, floral, amber, and white floral

on 2/11/2012 1:59:00 AM

I love Lovely! I bought this perfume at Christmas in a set with Spicy and Sexy. This is the softest of the three. It has a very sweet scent and it is not too strong. I wear it as a daytime perfume. I would buy again!

on 1/13/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Play it Lovely is a really, really gorgeous scent.
I've seen some reviews complaining it's too sweet, but I disagree, there isn't an overpowering sweet smell like some cheap fragrances have. This scent is true to it's high notes and low notes.
My actual favourite from this line of fragrances is Play it Sexy. I recommend buying a box set, and waiting till it's on sale so it's dirt cheap!

Pros:
Scent, Price, Cute Packaging
Cons:
Not long-wearing

on 11/1/2011 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For the price it is pretty nice, I am a perfume addict and got this in the trio. Love it as everyday scent.

on 8/21/2011 2:22:00 AM

Excellent!.. Bought this on sale for $13 (AUD) but you would never know it was soo cheap!. Most importantly, this beautiful scent has decent staying power too! It's a beautiful floral/vanilla, easily the best IMO of the 3 Play It scents. Love the bunny ears top on the bottle (although the bottle itself could be a little more interesting) and the spray works first time, every time :) Recommend this as an inexpensive, gorgeous every day scent! (i also bought the matching body spray - also smells nice but no staying power at all, save the $$ and just buy the fragrance!)