November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Mayflower

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As someone who vehemently hates glitter in lip products, I have to say this lipstick changed my mind. It is such a gorgeous shade of bright rose with golden glitter. I don't find the glitter gritty or annoying feeling like I usually do and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's is quite sheer though so if your looking for a nice pigmented lipstick this is not for you. Mayflower is just a perfect natural no fuss shade that seemingly goes with anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this lipstick in a summer collection a few years back. The color is a natural everyday color a shadesdifferent than my own lip color. I returned this product because I was looking for some color for the price point. I can find a drugstore lipstick that can give me the same look for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by daisygirldaisygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a good shade for when you want to appear fairly natural. It's only one or two shades darker than my lip colour, so it's good for every day wear. I've been very impressed with NARS because usually I get a coldsore from wearing lipstick all the time but that hasn't happened with this, so I am very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by x0Sophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like lipstick very much, I barely wear it. Mainly because I have this habit of running my lips together so the lipstick always come off quickly. But this lipstick, it doesn't do that. Along with that, the color is beautiful and it's very smooth. I highly recommend this lipstick for those of you who aren't very comfortable wearing lipstick yet and for the people who want more of a neutral lip color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this last weekend in search of an everyday sort of lipstick and this definitely fits the bill! It's very subtle but it's nice that it's not exactly the color of my lips, nor is it nude. It makes your lips just a shade or two brighter. I have only one complaint which is that when I first used it it seemed like my lips were kind of sluffing off their dry layer which is gross! but it seems to be solved if I just apply it over balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by pgherin

I absolutely love this color. It is not too bright or bold or pale. It is my go to shade to wear to wear. It is just the perfect pink color. It adds color but doesn't look silly or cause me to stand out. It is the perfect neutral shade that every girl needs in her collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Getting tired of all my hot pinks/corals/oranges and wanting to focus on my eyes, I went looking for a lipstick that was neutral but not boring. This fits the bill. I didn't find the sheer raspberry of the description but, instead, one of those "my lips but better" colors. I wear it with Radiant Rose (?) Sephora brand liner, which helps it last. Only complaint is that the lid doesn't stay on, a problem I've had sporadically over the years with various Nars lipsticks. Would definitely buy again but would double-check the lid's staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This one had to grow on me, but boy has it ever. The color is nothing to write home about--but somehow perfect with many looks. The formula is the typical NARS sheer; it's a tender veil of color with one swipe and a nice glossy full-color look with two or more coats. It brightens my face. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by estoker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So Mayflower is getting a bad rap, and it's true that it's not a shocking color. It's the sort of color you want to have on hand for when the rest of your makeup is relatively involved and you just need a simple touch on the lips. On my lips (which are pretty pigmented), Mayflower shows up a sweet, glittery, watermelon pink. The glitter is pretty visible, but doesn't feel gritty and is finely milled. The effect is nice, springy and sweet. I wear it with Angelika blush for a subtly sparkly doll-like spring look. It probably isn't the best if you aren't a fan of glitter, and I don't think it would do much for darker skinned ladies. Try before you buy on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Can you say boring!!! A nothing color, not raspberry, nor coral, nor pink I don't know what this is....what I do know is it is filled with glitter...it went back the same afternoon. Yawn.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No