August 30, 2014 | 1490 users online

Eyes - Ardell - Invisiband 'Luckies' False Eyelashes

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by slitherydee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are my first "real" pair of false lashes. I have a few other sets but I would only wear them to fool around with, these I've worn on everyday occasions.

Pros:
1) They're shorter than most false lashes and not as va-va-voom. They're not super full or have some kind of crazy lash pattern that looks fake.

2) They're pretty cheap.

Cons:
1) The band was too thick despite the invisibands label, I feel like it's definitely noticeable at 3ft even when wearing eyeliner.

2) They're uncomfortable because of the stiff band. At first I did not really notice how uncomfortable they were, but the more often I wore these lashes out the more stiff and heavy they felt to me. Eventually, I couldn't handle it for an everyday look.

3) They've got blunt tips which make them look fake-y. Real lashes taper at the end, and the more expensive falsies generally mimic that.

Overall:
I really liked these in the beginning because they were so natural looking compared to other lashes I had tried (although I haven't tried that many) but over time the discomfort of wearing them and the unnatural look became more noticeable. It's like dogs. If you own a great dane an 80lb lab starts to look like small dog, but an 80lb dog is still pretty damn big. I'm still on the lookout for some truly natural lashes that aren't uncomfortable for those days when I don't really want to wear mascara or I just want to feel extra pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by beckylo100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When battling cancer, I lost most of my eyelashes to the chemotherapy I was getting. Fortunately, my dr. okayed false eyelashes. These were the best "everyday" lashes out there that I could find. I have hooded eyes, so most eyelashes look like extensions on me--except for the Luckies. They are fabulous and so natural looking! I usually use my Tarte eyelash curler after applying to give them lift. My eyelashes have come back a little thin, so I'm still using them. Love!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by FaireMaiden

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I can't tell you how many lashes I've gone thru trying to find the perfect 'EVERYDAY' lash for me. Thank goodness they're fairly cheap! I finally found my Holy Grail of false eyelashes over at Sally's for $3.99.
________________________________________

The first thing I like about these Invisiband 'LUCKIES' is that the BAND is invisible. It's very thin and clear so doesn't look fake. And, because it's so thin, it makes maneuvering the lash on your lid extremely easy. You're done applying likkity-split.
________________________________________

The other thing I like is that the lashes themselves are of MODERATE LENGTH & THICKNESS. These are not 'Night On The Town' lashes. These 'LUCKIES' can be worn in the office without inviting any kind of unwanted attention, *lol*.
________________________________________

They're just so NATURAL-LOOKING. Your eyes are enhanced in a fresh and lovely way, not a 'catty' way.
________________________________________

I do not apply mascara to these lashes, (which is why I went to false eyelashes in the first place... my allergy-prone eyes can just no longer tolerate mascara, but seem to have no reaction to the adhesive... go figure, *lol*), but I do use an EYELASH CURLER on them.
________________________________________

After the lash adhesive has set, (I give it a couple of minutes), using the curler just PRESSES and SETS everything into place, gives a SLIGHT CURL to the lashes, and they will stay that way thru the better-part of one's day. And even moreso, if you use a heated eyelash curler.
________________________________________

I highly recommend these Invisiband 'LUCKIES' by Ardell to anyone who is wanting a 'Natural, Everyday' pair of lashes and wondering which ones to try to achieve this look.
________________________________________

p.s. A really good gadget to go with these is the Ardell Pro Lash Applicator. See my Review about this.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No