September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Let It Shine

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ErrantWhimsy

This shampoo and conditioner made my hair look incredible, hardly any frizz. Also very, very soft. I have to use a clarifying shampoo once every 4 or 5 showers, but other than that it's great.

The problem? It's making me break out like crazy! I didn't pin it down to the shampoo and conditioner until I got bangs and suddenly my entire forehead, not just the edges, broke out.

Beware if you are acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by sirenswin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo+conditioner. I can't review one without the other. Like for most products that promise shine I expected the almost clarifying effect so I assumed the conditioner is a must.
My hair is fine, curly and dry, I blow dry it regularly so it is now even drier at the ends. Being long my roots have become more oily so the usual hydrating products would not give me great results, the hair simply stopped looking bouncy and flexible and of course shiny.
This product made my hair vibrant and shiny again and even if I did get a bit scared while using the shampoo that it might be too dry for me, it rinsed so easily, and with the conditioner it became very soft but with volume unlike any other volumising product I used.
I then blow dried it using also their product called "blow dry" and I got best hair done at home without ironing ever!
Hair could again be washed only twice a week, the scalp was clearer, less hairs falling during daily brushing. Only benefits.
Even though it's as expensive as the very luxurious Kerastase line I did not get same great results as I did with this one so I rated average per price by comparison considering the results and how it will last me (a couple of months at least).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, I didn't like it. However, the trick to this is that you have to use it with the conditioner that goes with it.

If I use this on it's own it makes my hair feel dry, almost straw-like. When I use it with the "Let it Shine" conditioner my hair feel super clean and super soft, just like when I come out of the salon. I probably wouldn't use this everyday ( probably too cleansing / drying ). I would use it only 2 or so times per week ( I have straight fine hair that is oily at the scalp and dry at the ends ). Added bonus, it has a lovely scent, citrus with a light floral. Overall, surprisingly pleased.

UPDATE: The SLS in the slowly irritated my skin over time. If it wasn't for that it would be a decent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo a lot. It is more for people with oily hair. It is very much like a clarifying shampoo. It gets rid of greasy hair/product build up and that's what I love about this shampoo. The product is clear and it smells very clean (I dont know how else to describe it) My hair does get shiner after using this and my hair feels clean. I also have the conditioner but there's nothing to rave about with that. It works like any other conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by dflocust

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible - very drying and the name is misleading. There is no shine. I used it three times - and won't use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by neimangirl

I have long, fine, color-treated hair. I used the B&B Creme de Coco products throughout the summer and they worked exceptionally well for me. I wanted something more "light" for the Fall/Winter months and my stylist suggest the Shine shampoo/conditioner. After the 1st use I was totally sold. My hair is soft, silky, and ever so shiny!!! I used to think Pureology products were the only ones that really made my hair shine, well now I can add B&B's Let it Shine to the list.
Although expensive, I will be using on a regular basis.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kathryn27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been very happy with any of the B&B products I've used but this one has to be the worst. My stylist works at a salon that uses these products and she talked me into buying this and after 2-3 washes I could tell I would hate it. The smell is ok, but it didn't lather well at all, dried my hair out and left it flyaway. I don't notice any shine at all. It leaves my hair looking dull and dry. Would never repurchase and would return if I could. I'm now using it for body wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is almost like a clarifying shampoo to me. I was surpised at how drying it was even when used with the matching conditioner. My hair is fine, dry, slightly wavy and this did nothing good for me. Boo!

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Ceramide 3, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Cholesterol, Salicylic Acid, Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Linoleic Acid, Laureth-2, Glyceryl Oleate, Heptyl Undecylenate , PEG-150 Distearate , Coco-Glucoside , Sodium Gluconate, Isostearic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool.